What's new

Typhoon Haiyan: China gives less aid to Philippines than Ikea

China only did that because International community backlash at china for not going more so in way stephen colbert was still (a bit of jerk) was far more better than china

China was the Philippine biggest donator during Tropical Storm Washi in 2011.

Why is Filipino so ungrateful?

You attacked your biggest donator over South China Sea after that, then you complain over the early announcement over China aid, without saying anything to the victims in China over the same storm.

Taiwan can temporarily increase the wage of their maids and factory works for a few month. This should count as assistance as well.
If wages increase more Chinese will be maids, no piney maids required.

In a way true and not true at the same time why? you would as because of the following reasons one local government is responsible for maintaining preparedness and order and preparation which they did i mean Project Noah already coordinated this with local and National government and other agencies but the problem is its powerful storm you can give a rough estimation but that it not is sure and other thing is local cooperation between with the local population and the local government is very hard to do because the following reasons " i don't want to leave because my farm may get raid by people" or Government is up to something etc" We can force them out because people may see it as some kind of marcos martial law style iron hand tactics which may cause panic among people so we hold that in reserve but it was use before during past typhoons but the leftist imperial puppets of our arrogant neighbor to the north would complain quote and quote a "Violations of human rights and just been order by the government puppet regime (insert name of regime) and the US imperialist" Yest you read my post right ya even the US get blame for it but clearly US as nothing to do with it but hey its news mileage for them but people here knows better but that's the leftist for you. So your wrong in way but your right too. One the Local government is expected to do all of the work quote and quote the first line of defense that simply means in the Strategic planing of the government for Natural disasters "The Local Governments along with Law enforcements Unites and the medical and fire fighting units and others must prepare and check all supplies and evacuation sites and coordinate and report to the national government until said disasters hits and help with supplies and damage assessment later until the National government can mobilized the Units of the Military and the forces of the non affected areas in paper 1 to 2 days and of course depending on available assets but in actuality it would take them longer again depending on mobilization and the national governments agencies etc the list goes on.

The first phase of the plan was meet but the first thing that was gone was the local government from the barangays up to the majority of the Municipal and city governments some barely functioning because they too suffered loses and the Provincial Governments can't do much because they were expecting the smallest units to asset the situation which was impossible due to all the preparation was gone the units, infrastructures and the supplies because they prepared for a storm winds and heavy rains not storm surges which was the main killer here and everything else which made the system works for the local government units with the expectation of one thing radio handsets they had but its very limited in range and capabilities and all the roads were full of derby so basically everything was in mess and then it followed by break down of law and order until the Units of the National governments arrived but again they just there to restore order the supplies had to wait because all of the assets of the government is very limited we only have 3 C130 B upgraded systems and parts we use to have only one and 4 transport ships but the government can ask the local merchant ships and private transports to help as part of the strategic plan but paper work as to be done but they help later on day 5 that's almost a week.

So to summarized:

.The National government and the local government planed measures
.The First Phase was complete
. But due to the storm surge all the Infrastructures, supplies, units were literary wash out and they too suffered casualties on their own and no or limited communications with the outside world for more than 2 days or even longer in some areas.

So in way we did what we can but due to circumstances both seen and unforeseen so claiming my government did not do anything is wrong but they had shortcomings that should have been address.

Blah blah blah..blame the Chinese imperialists since we put military bases in Philippines. Clarkson base are belongs to us!

China was the Philippine biggest donator during Tropical Storm Washi in 2011.

Why is Filipino so ungrateful?

You attacked your biggest donator over South China Sea after that, then you complain over the early announcement over China aid, without saying anything to the victims in China over the same storm.

Again its pretty obvious you people are Jerks besides being racist but ok i throw you a bone.
Its not being ungrateful or grateful and the past is not the issue here! China's motives are and its very obvious to everyone they politicized the whole thing and not being sincere about it, china should just said we have disputes with the Philippines and we are not going to help them that much that would save china's face and people just say ok message received not make up excess after excess that is painful obvious and beside kicking people when they are down china is after the spot of superpower and known regional power so not helping out and using lies to cover painfully obvious reasons that you mainland brothers are trying to run is not only making it worse it just gives a reflection of the future of china's polices and since china run by a one party dictatorship its going to be hard for the policy to change adding other nail to your image coffin so good luck trying to convince others heck your mainland bro's peaceful rise is already being quested.

So you try showcasing but make sure it sells well otherwise prepare negative flak

Again its pretty obvious you people are Jerks besides being racist but ok i throw you a bone.
Its not being ungrateful or grateful and the past is not the issue here! China's motives are and its very obvious to everyone they politicized the whole thing and not being sincere about it, china should just said we have disputes with the Philippines and we are not going to help them that much that would save china's face and people just say ok message received not make up excess after excess that is painful obvious and beside kicking people when they are down china is after the spot of superpower and known regional power so not helping out and using lies to cover painfully obvious reasons that you mainland brothers are trying to run is not only making it worse it just gives a reflection of the future of china's polices and since china run by a one party dictatorship its going to be hard for the policy to change adding other nail to your image coffin so good luck trying to convince others heck your mainland bro's peaceful rise is already being quested.

So you try showcasing but make sure it sells well otherwise prepare negative flak
So instead of just saying a simple thank you for our money and 10 million worth of supplies, you go on a rant about how we're a horrible people. I wonder why we give you any money in the first place. Sounds like an ungrateful beggar angry about someone giving him only two dollars instead of ten. I guess that's just who you are.

No matter how much China donates that ungrateful racist continues to label Chinese people as evil imperial race. We should stop helping that country period whenever new typhoons strike them let its former butchers (Japan and USA) send millions to these ungrateful beggars.

So instead of just saying a simple thank you for our money and 10 million worth of supplies, you go on a rant about how we're a horrible people. I wonder why we give you any money in the first place. Sounds like an ungrateful beggar angry about someone giving him only two dollars instead of ten. I guess that's just who you are.

Sure yes china is the most great nation (not) :omghaha: Again why should i be thankful for something that is not sincere? Face it you people are just saving face at this point

Sure yes china is the most great nation (not) :omghaha: Again why should i be thankful for something that is not sincere? Face it you people are just saving face at this point
When I give a few spare coins to a beggar, it doesn't mean I actually care about him. Enjoy your wrecked monkey tree.

I hope he was kidding, is that the kind of motivation his audience needs? He seems to be insulting them.

We are not beggars sir you people can not be trusted and this act to save face nothing more

When I give a few spare coins to a beggar, it doesn't mean I actually care about him. Enjoy your wrecked monkey tree.

Blah blah insert racism here

By Bruce Einhorn
November 20, 2013

1120_chn_aid_630x420.jpg

A 17-member disaster relief team from the China Red Cross prepares to depart for the Philippines, in Beijing, on Nov. 20

With a relief team finally on its way to the Philippines, China is trying to control the damage from its petty response to the Typhoon Haiyan tragedy.

The Chinese group is getting there late because of political differences between the two governments. The storm may have killed thousands of people and brought to a halt a large swath of China’s neighbor to the south, but since the world’s new economic giant is feuding with the Philippines about disputed islands in the South China Sea, the leadership in Beijing decided to take advantage of a humanitarian catastrophe to teach President Benigno Aquino who’s boss.

China initially offered a paltry $100,000 in aid and, after an international outcry, raised that figure to $1.6 million. It’s as if Dr. Evil decided to go into the disaster-relief business: “One point six million dollars!” Hence the headlines worldwide expressing outrage that China, the world’s second-largest economy, was offering less money than do-it-yourself furniture maker Ikea.

Not the ideal message for a country trying to persuade its neighbors of its trustworthiness. China’s ham-fisted response to Haiyan is a welcome gift forJapanese Premier Shinzo Abe, who has spent much of his first year in office touring countries in the region that have good reason to worry about China’s intentions.

That’s probably why China’s officials and media are trying to change the narrative. Chinese relief workers are on their way to the Philippines now, China’s Foreign Ministry announced today—a week and a half after Haiyan hit. But not to worry, some Chinese blankets and tents started arriving on Monday and Tuesday. “China will also send a medical boat Peace Ark, which belongs to the Chinese navy, to the Philippines,” the Xinhua news agency reported today. “The boat, which has good medical rescue capability and maneuverability, will depart soon.”

Even as the Chinese relief effort finally gets underway, there’s a new message: China is actually the victim here, hurt by Philippine bureaucrats. According to Xinhua, China was slow because the Philippine government hadn’t given its blessing. Indeed, the state-run news agency reported yesterday the emergency medical team was “ready to go” and would “depart for the disaster areas immediately, once China gets permission from the Philippines.”

Turns out it’s not just the Philippines that undermined China: Americans and Japanese also proved all too eager to show up the Chinese in their own backyard. “Haiyan, the strongest typhoon to make landfall in recorded history, has killed over 3,976 people in the Philippines,” commentator Guan Yan wrote in yesterday’sGlobal Times, the tabloid affiliated with the People’s Daily. “But from the start, the size of the rescue package sent to Haiyan victims has been seen as a race.”

So yes, the Americans offered more than $20 million, and the Japanese were generous, too, but it’s not fair to say China’s response was miserly. “China’s aid to the Philippines was criticized as ‘meager’ and not matching its economic power,” Guan Yan continues. “In the future, China will face increasing pressure to take more responsibilities in regional affairs. For both the government and the public, there is a learning curve.”

In other words, China is new to the whole be-a-responsible-global-player business. Next typhoon, maybe the country will get it right.

After Stingy Aid to Typhoon Haiyan Victims, China Tries Damage Control - Businessweek

I fucking hate our country flip-flopping strategy and the whole department needs to be fired! It is an embarrassment to all Chinese people. We gain absolutely nothing and the West just kick us again in the process. What a fucking loser PR department.

Heck we hate guys period but anyway again its just saving face nothing more send home

The people who stink are the JEW USA who make blood bath everywhere and take advantage of the cameras to play the good guys for few dollars

It's a fake aid, we remember the scandal of Katrina uragan

Krueger is a JEW name i think

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom