What's new

Type 99A2 MBT

I remember 3million $

Now China VT-1,VT-2,VT-3,VT-4 export version tanks ↓

"VT-1" is the new, "MBT-2000" is the old export designation for the same tank (original called Type 90II at home).
tkzRx3L.jpg

VT-1A is a improved version of VT-1/MBT-2000. Here are they in Peru and Myanmar. Looks identical.
sj1Wed2.jpg

2XnSkXa.jpg

MBT-3000, now called VT-4, is the current version of VT-1/MBT-2000 after major upgrade.
2gp5PwY.jpg

Gx1yBwo.jpg

FNnFjwG.jpg

With Weapon station added
rfcxg74.jpg

Considering the affordability (or maybe just the color of the paint) , I think the most possible customer will from the middle east.

And VT-3 (updated from type59 tank with 125mm gun):
3tb_1408271237097dex512293.jpg

And VT-2 (96A export version):
111410096865.jpg

Beautiful machine, indeed. I wish one day, when relations with Japan and China become friendlier, we could one day have joint tank exercises -- so we both can appreciate each others' capabilities.

Best of Luck to the PLA ! :cheers:

Military Commands of Shenyang and Lanzhou. The Northern border of the People's Republic of China is something that must be guarded closely. What i like about the MBT 3000 is that its main gun has the capability to take out anti-tank missiles. Its speed of 75 km/h makes this not only a potent machine in terms of fire power (can fire up to 8 rounds per minute), but one that can command the ground with its speed and mobility. Let me personally applaud Norinco's

Whatever MBT-2000 (VT-1) or MBT-3000 (VT-4) they all belong to China export version MBTs, PLA Army never equip them.
Compared with 96A or 99A2, MBT-2000 and MBT-3000 all belong to Low-Config MBT (cheaper version), the best save to PLA Army.
MBT2000 is much better than 96A

Heard one of the T99A2 is in Pakistan under code name Haider MBT project for trails. Fits nicely for PA...this tank, if its weight comes down to between 52-55 tons.

So Type99 would replace MBT-3000 / VT-4( that failed ) to compete with Ukraine T84 Oplot in the rally to get Pk approval?

VT4 will be renamed when assembly plant is established in Pakistan. Another potential buyer of VT4 would be Iran.

T84 Oplot project has been scrapped when it didn't secure any deal. War in ukraine between Ukrainian forces and pro Russia rebels been using t64b and t72b mostly. There's no t84, only t80's reserved for protecting key Ukraine cities and bases.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom