What's new

Type 99A2 MBT

The armor is the secret date, even China official didn't provide details. The rumor said almost 1m thick solid armor of front turret, it's just a rumor.

S0D20121223105859MT680108.jpg
Even a sloping 1m+(or 100mm?) frontal armor will make this tank invincible to any direct face to face confrontation. All in all - a really good tank. Especially considering that it is almost entirely Chinese. Except for a few minor systems from Ukraine. :tup:

Even a sloping 1m+(or 100mm?) frontal armor will make this tank invincible to any direct face to face confrontation. All in all - a really good tank. Especially considering that it is almost entirely Chinese. Except for a few minor systems from Ukraine. :tup:
The rumors said almost 1,000mm armor of front turret... but we don't know the truth coz China official never release any ZTZ99A2 detail.

Just check the turret prototype :pop:
10051514074f9bad349a2fecdc.jpg

ZTZ99A2's 1,500 HP (Max 1,650HP) tank engine produce line :tup:
WMgdJ73.jpg

Last edited:
The millimeter-wave radar in front of the gun shield and the network centric warfare system boost 99A's ability greatly.

i see chinese prefer ugly russian style plastic canvas mantlet cover over thick metal plate on the turret of their ifv and tanks... it's 2014 now.. need to change.. lol

Gun_Mantlet_of_M1A1_Abrams.jpg

Last edited:
i see chinese prefer ugly russian style plastic canvas mantlet cover over thick metal plate on the turret of their ifv and tanks... it's 2014 now.. need to change.. lol

Agreed. They definitely need a mantlet - and one that's not just for cosmetic purposes. Apparently the mantlet on the newest T-90 version is paper thin and a cosmetic ad-on.

.....you've no idea of an inside shield or outside one?
pity.

Looking good. An improved version of the MBT 2000, no doubt.

99A2 MBT test in Tibet

102922o1o515m96rv4rc61.jpg

102935qqu5rf2ry4vqbmc9.jpg

230329rrim0k0rbxwk03xm.jpg

Any knowledge of where most of these are deployed? Would it be safe assumption that these are mostly deployed in the Chengdou Military Region, Lanzhou Military Region and Shenyang Military Region?

Very good pictures, btw, @cnleio bro. ;)

Any knowledge of where most of these are deployed? Would it be safe assumption that these are mostly deployed in the Chengdou Military Region, Lanzhou Military Region and Shenyang Military Region?

Very good pictures, btw, @cnleio bro. ;)
Like type99G (ZTZ99G) MBT, 99A2 also deploy in North China areas. BeiJing Military Region & ShenYang Military Region.
99A2 is the most expensive tank in China, numbers has limitation.

Tibet mountain is a basic test field for China new MBT including 96A/ 99G/ 99A2/ new light tank, all ever test in Tibet.

Like type99G (ZTZ99G) MBT, 99A2 also deploy in North China areas. BeiJing Military Region & ShenYang Military Region.
99A2 is the most expensive tank in China, numbers has limitation.

Tibet mountain is a basic test field for China new MBT including 96A/ 99G/ 99A2/ new light tank, all ever test in Tibet.

No doubt this machine is a valuable asset for the PLA Military Commands of Shenyang and Lanzhou. The Northern border of the People's Republic of China is something that must be guarded closely. What i like about the MBT 3000 is that its main gun has the capability to take out anti-tank missiles. Its speed of 75 km/h makes this not only a potent machine in terms of fire power (can fire up to 8 rounds per minute), but one that can command the ground with its speed and mobility. Let me personally applaud Norinco's success ! Ganbatte Kudasai !

It does not deprived from MBT-2000. It evolved from the Type 99A series.

You're right, and its a beautiful product at that.

No doubt this machine is a valuable asset for the PLA Military Commands of Shenyang and Lanzhou. The Northern border of the People's Republic of China is something that must be guarded closely. What i like about the MBT 3000 is that its main gun has the capability to take out anti-tank missiles. Its speed of 75 km/h makes this not only a potent machine in terms of fire power (can fire up to 8 rounds per minute), but one that can command the ground with its speed and mobility. Let me personally applaud Norinco's success ! Ganbatte Kudasai !
Whatever MBT-2000 (VT-1) or MBT-3000 (VT-4) they all belong to China export version MBTs, PLA Army never equip them.
Compared with 96A or 99A2, MBT-2000 and MBT-3000 all belong to Low-Config MBT (cheaper version), the best save to PLA Army.

Whatever MBT-2000 (VT-1) or MBT-3000 (VT-4) they all belong to China export version MBTs, PLA Army never equip them.
Compared with 96A or 99A2, MBT-2000 and MBT-3000 all belong to Low-Config MBT (cheaper version), the best save to PLA Army.

Ah very interesting.I never knew that. Even if these do not match the parameters for use in the PLA, these are potent variants. I also notice that possible customers to this is Cameroon and Pakistan. I'm sure this would be an attractive piece for the militaries of Myanmar, Bangladesh, et al. Do you happen to know how much one MBT-3000 is worth?

Do you happen to know how much one MBT-3000 is worth?
I remember 3million $

Now China VT-1,VT-2,VT-3,VT-4 export version tanks ↓

"VT-1" is the new, "MBT-2000" is the old export designation for the same tank (original called Type 90II at home).
tkzRx3L.jpg

VT-1A is a improved version of VT-1/MBT-2000. Here are they in Peru and Myanmar. Looks identical.
sj1Wed2.jpg

2XnSkXa.jpg

MBT-3000, now called VT-4, is the current version of VT-1/MBT-2000 after major upgrade.
2gp5PwY.jpg

Gx1yBwo.jpg

FNnFjwG.jpg

With Weapon station added
rfcxg74.jpg

Considering the affordability (or maybe just the color of the paint) , I think the most possible customer will from the middle east.

And VT-3 (updated from type59 tank with 125mm gun):
3tb_1408271237097dex512293.jpg

And VT-2 (96A export version):
111410096865.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom