What's new

Two killed in Karachi violence, RPGs fired at security forces in Lyari

karan.1970

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Two killed in Karachi violence, RPGs fired at security forces in Lyari | The Nation

Two persons were killed and several others injured in separate incidents in different localities of Karachi on Friday. Miscreants’ fired rocket propelled grenades (RPGs) at security forces during search operation in Lyari.
According to details, unidentified armed motorcyclists shot dead a youth near Water Pump in Federal B Area.
In Babar Market area of Landhi a youth identified as Gulshaan was shot dead by unknown motorcyclists. The deceased was security guard of ANP leader Aman Ullah Mehsud.
At least 10 persons were injured in separate firing incidents in Qasba Colony, Jackson, Pak Colony, Buffer Zone and Orangi Pirabad areas.
The police and Frontier Corps (FC) during joint search operation tried to penetrate the strongholds of warring gangsters in Lyari during the predawn hours but they face fierce resistance.
The security forces retaliated the militant’s attack with full strengthen, forcing the attackers to flee. The thunder of guns shook dwellers from sleep.

RIP to the dead

RPG? in a city?

sounds a little over the top.

Where would someone hide one? a pistol is concealable, but an RPG?

RIP to the dead

RPG? in a city?

Lack of regulation and a large part of city under the control of political gangs do the math.

RIP to the dead

RPG? in a city?

hahaha, dude this is nothing new, rocket launchers were used even in 90s

Targeted operation: 3 killed, 20 arrested in Lyari

Targeted operation: 3 killed, 20 arrested in Lyari – The Express Tribune

370797-karachilyarilayariviolencefiringoperationphotoIrfanALi-1335508689-304-640x480.jpg

4-27-2012_46321_l.jpg

Lack of regulation and a large part of city under the control of political gangs do the math.

i can understand people smuggling in guns by taking them apart. but there is no way one can smuggle RPGs like that. Also people might get licenses for small arms and machine guns. nobody gets a license for a RPG.

forgive me but i still have trouble believeing that RPGs are being used by gangs. I would have believed it if it was TTP or some other militant organization

police and FC have captured few areas from gangsters
4 people dead
nabeel gabol car attacked with grenade, he survived attack

Naaah Beirut was more on religious lines. This is ethnic sectarian type warfare.

True but the infighting that occurs on a daily basis is similar to that of Beirut or even Baghdad.

Karachi needs to be put under Martial Law with Army Checkpoints on every corner.

First they need to flush out these gangsters, criminals, MQM Thugs, Pasthun Assassins, etc. and either lock them up or kill them.

Then ban all automatic and assault weapons and also establish proper housing regulations so that 20 people living in one house will be illegal places Lyari Slums won't exist.

Disperse the population and make better housing schemes on the periphery of the city and finally solve this Karachi menace.

The situation is not as bad as the civil war days of the mid-1990's. But ever since the MQM-Pasthun Wars started in the late 1980's, I would say atleast 20,000 people have been killed.

Back
Top Bottom