What's new

Turkish Unmanned Vehicle Programs

I hope TR decides to decline the sale of these drones to an enemy state Serbia. I think that may damage Bosniak-Turk ties, and it wouldn't be worth it bc Serbia would only buy a few drones.
If these UAVs to Turkey and Serbia will have even exported their version and some features will not. Of course, it will take measures not to be used against Bosnia.

is it baykar bayraktar tb2 with aselsan cats flir?
2086C5B9-CC2C-48C4-A791-AB96254FBB93.jpeg

no major differences between canadian wescam mx 15 flir against aselsan cats flir,only wescams low light resolution a bit up and aselsan cats ten kg heavier

no major differences between canadian wescam mx 15 flir against aselsan cats flir,only wescams low light resolution a bit up and aselsan cats ten kg heavier
and CTAS doesnt have high IR camera resolution option.

CATS has High Performance IR Camera

and yes CATS is heavier but CATS has superior range ( up to 30km ) to Canadian Wescam MX-15 ( 20 km )

The U.S.-based publication praised the progress made by Turkey’s local drone industry, which has been built from the ground up, in recent years, particularly the Bayraktar TB2 and Anka-s, both of which played a major role in big victories in battlegrounds across Syria, Iraq and Libya.

The article went on to state that drones such as Akıncı, Aksungur and Alpagu, on which production has already started and are set to be added to the arsenals of the Turkish Armed Forces, are going to strengthen Turkey’s hand in the region, noting that the capabilities of these drones to successfully identify and destroy targets will be a major threat for Turkey’s adversaries.

Can these effectively replace the sensors that Canada is going to withhold exports for?
There are two differences. It is 10kg heavier than the CATS MX-15D and has a CATS thermal camera resolution of 640x512, while the MX-15D has two options, 640x512 and 1024x1024. Until now, the reason why the MX-15D was preferred insistently was the HD resolution thermal camera for me. In CATS imaging, it may be necessary to fly from a lower altitude for clearer detection of objects. Other than that, I can say that there is no difference. DASS will be lighter than 59 kg and will have a 1024x768 HD resolution thermal camera. It will be very close to MX-15D in terms of resolution and weight.

Back
Top Bottom