• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well my understanding is that it is not secular vs religious and only a person with very limited knowledge of Turkish society will think like. It was a just a group of disgruntled mutineers who tried to topple the govt and destabilise Turkey on behest of external forces.
You are the first and only Pakistani in this forum that actually has enough brain power to have understood the situation properly.

I respect you for that O7

InshaAllah Turkey will move on even with more determination. One thong has become clear - democratic process has taken deep roots in people's mind. You can't just take it away. People have seen the benefits of stability.

As for these traitors, they're brainwashed followers of Fethullah Gulen. Turkish version of suicide bombers one might say. Its how it works:
  • Gulen has funds of billion of dollars. He is a good preacher and collects zekat, sedaqet etc.
  • Lots of boarding schools were set up by him. Children from poor families are raised there. for university students, free housing/food are provided.
  • This org is a close knit mafia. Everybody spies on everyone else. strict chain of command is maintained. Brain washing is done by continuously bombarding with his ideologies.
  • What they think of Gulen: (1) He has supernatural powers (Nauzubillah), (2) he is like Messih (Nauzubillah), (3) he is like Kainat Imam (leader of the universe - Nazubillah), (4) he can talk to the Prophet (PBUH) any time he likes through dreams (Nauzubillah), (5) He has some special relationship with Allah (Nazubillah), etc. etc.
  • Folks raised in this process are placed in government/judiciary/police jobs sometimes through fraud, exam question leaks etc. they have people everywhere. They help only each other no matter how immoral it is.
  • Officers and JCO/NCOs from Gulen Terrorist Network, when time comes, can break the chain of command and follow their own chain of command issued from Gulen's high council.
  • Gulen and high council have been residing in Pennsylvania since 1997.
  • Numerous folks were deceived by him, including me, at different point in life. I have been having a very high idea about him and his org/movement till they openly tried to oust Reis Erdo'an by arresting him. Elhamdulillah, everything is crystal clear now.
  • As for the die-hard brain washed folks involved in the recent uprising, some are already dead, and others will be hanged and die in disgrace. Still, it won't be a lesson for the other suicide bombers for they have sold their souls to Sheytan.
  • As for Gulen and his high council, they're doing very well and must be working on plan xxx. Their ultimate goal is to become the leaders of the Muslim World.
  • As for Reis Erdo'an, he will continue destroying these modern day Hasan al-Saba and their assassins hiding in the dens. He has no other choice. According to him, he is on this path wearing Kefen..
They built some outstanding schools here in Kashmir after the 2005 earthquake, the children educated at these schools have gone on to become engineers and doctors at Pakistans finest universities, the things you have stated about Mr Gulen have shocked me if true, I certainly have not come across information to indicate his claims of being a messiah, anyway lets hope this unlawful coup has closed the door on coups in the great nation of Turkey.Wsalam brother

@Neptune

One of my friend from the ONI (office of Naval Intelligence) told me this morning that this coup may have been a false flag ops initiated by Erdogan himself (Or at least the High Hierarchy from his party). Is there any possibility that this would be the case? The timing and the method is quite strange. It looks more like Erdogan trying to tight the grip of the Military and engineered a fail coup to give him a reason to push his own people into the rank.

And yes, I understand the true testament of Turkish military have long been between a rock and a hard place. Man, it just sucks...

Hey man.

There is a saying here. "At izi, it izine karıştı" which is; The horse sh.it is mixed with the ox shit. Thats the exact situation right now. Your friend must have solid reasons from the recent headlines to say this such as;

- Acceptance of 3 million Syrians for citizenship

- The long discussed Manbij Operation which is planned to involve Kurdish-led SDF and coalition aircraft with support from Turkey. I believe we shouldnt have allowed that. Now with the closure of Incirlik, this seems to be cleared off from problems list.

- A new constitution

- A new regime, presidency.

There are many other reasons to believe that Erdoğan himself and his assilants might be behind this plot. But also there are reasons for not to. Either way it is sure that he will pull himself from this with even stronger power. We can not be certain. I believe he was not behind it. Plotters may have faked the bombing of his otel. But I doubt it for the gunships and tanks firing to civilians mate.

We have told this to them a decade ago when they were pals they didnt believe. Now the nation is paying the price

Last edited:
A butt hurt zionist! So, what was your role in this coup? Did you supply your regular dose of toxins for the Turkish people?
Why do you even care our country when yours is by far the shittiest country on the entire planet? A bangladeshi is just the last person ever to condemn any other entity for any possible reasoning ever!

Leave our country alone and instead try to stop your country from being the arsehole of the planet earth!

Turkish military coup bid crumbles, 90 killed in violence, Erdogan returns

An attempted Turkish military coup appeared to crumble on Saturday after crowds answered President Tayyip Erdogan’s call to take to the streets to support him and dozens of rebel soldiers abandoned their tanks in the main city of Istanbul.

At least 90 people were killed and 1, 154 injured in violence that erupted on Friday after a faction of the armed forces attempted to seize power, the state run news agency said.

A successful overthrow of Erdogan, who has ruled Turkey since 2003, would have marked one of the biggest shifts in the Middle East in years, transforming one of the most important US allies while war rages on its border. A failed coup attempt could still destabilise a pivotal country.

Erdogan, who had been holidaying on the southwest coast when the coup was launched, flew into Istanbul before dawn on Saturday and was shown on TV among a crowd of supporters outside Ataturk Airport.

Also read: Full coverage on the coup

The uprising was an “act of treason”, and those responsible would pay a heavy price, he told reporters at a hastily arranged news conference. Arrests of officers were under way and it would go higher up the ranks, culminating in the cleansing of the military, he said.

Addressing a crowd of thousands of flag-waving supporters at the airport later, Erdogan said the government remained at the helm, although disturbances continued in Ankara.

However, in an emailed statement from the Turkish military General Staff’s media office address, the pro-coup faction said it was determinedly still fighting.

Calling itself the Peace at Home Movement, the faction also called on people to stay indoors for their own safety.

Rebel soldiers who had taken control of military aircraft were still firing from the air and fighter jets had been scrambled to intercept them, Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said, underscoring the ongoing uncertainty.

Gunfire and explosions had rocked both Istanbul and Ankara in a chaotic night after soldiers took up positions in both cities and ordered state television to read out a statement declaring they had taken power.

An injured woman draped in a Turkish flag is checked by others near military headquarters in Ankara, Turkey July 16, 2016. REUTERS/Stringer
Around 50 soldiers involved in the coup surrendered on one of the bridges across the Bosphorus Strait in Istanbul after dawn on Saturday, abandoning their tanks with their hands raised in the air. Reuters witnesses saw government supporters attack the pro-coup soldiers who had surrendered.

Earlier, around 30 pro-coup soldiers had surrendered their weapons after being surrounded by armed police in Istanbul’s central Taksim square.

They were taken away in police vans as a fighter jet repeatedly screeched overhead at low altitude, causing a boom that shook surrounding buildings and shattered windows.

Also read: Who is Fethullah Gullen

LAWMAKERS IN HIDING

The coup began with warplanes and helicopters roaring over Ankara and troops moving in to seal off the bridges over the Bosphorus Strait that links Europe and Asia in Istanbul.

Authorities had shut the strait to tanker traffic, shipping agent GAC said.

By the early hours of Saturday, lawmakers were still hiding in shelters inside the parliament building in Ankara, which was being fired on by tanks. Smoke rose up from nearby, Reuters witnesses said. An opposition MP told Reuters parliament was hit three times and that people had been wounded.

A senior Turkish official said later on Saturday attacks on the parliament had “largely stopped”.

A Turkish military commander also said fighter jets had shot down a helicopter used by the coup plotters over Ankara. State-run Anadolu news agency said 17 police were killed at special forces headquarters there.

Momentum turned against the coup plotters as the night wore on. Crowds defied orders to stay indoors, gathering at major squares in Istanbul and Ankara, waving flags and chanting.

“We have a prime minister, we have a chief of command, we’re not going to leave this country to degenerates,” shouted one man, as groups of government supporters climbed onto a tank near Ataturk airport.

Erdogan and other officials blamed the attempted coup on followers of Fethullah Gulen, an influential cleric in self-imposed exile in the United States who once supported Erdogan but became a nemesis.

The pro-Gulen Alliance for Shared Values said it condemned any military intervention in domestic politics.

Also read: All your questions answered on the coup

US Secretary of State John Kerry said he phoned the Turkish foreign minister and emphasised “absolute support for Turkey’s democratically elected, civilian government and democratic institutions”.

Turkey, a NATO member with the second biggest military in the Western alliance, is one of the most important allies of the United States in the fight against the Islamic State militant group, which seized swaths of neighbouring Iraq and Syria.

European Council President Donald Tusk called for a swift return to Turkey’s constitutional order, saying tensions there could not be resolved by guns.

“Turkey is a key partner for the European Union. The EU fully supports the democratically elected government, the institutions of the country and the rule of law,” Tusk said at regional summit in Mongolia.

turkey-7595.jpg
People demonstrate outside Ataturk international airport during an attempted coup in Istanbul, Turkey. (Source: Reuters)
SOCIAL MEDIA CUT OFF

Airports were shut and access to internet social media sites was cut off in the first hours of the coup attempt. Flag carrier Turkish Airways resumed flights on Saturday, Erdogan said.

Malaysia Airports, the operator of Sabiha Gokcen International Airport, Istanbul’s second airport, said it would continue to process flights in and out of Turkey.

Soldiers took control of TRT state television, which announced a countrywide curfew and martial law. An announcer read a statement on the orders of the pro-coup faction that accused the government of eroding the democratic and secular rule of law. Turkey would be run by a “peace council” that would ensure the safety of the population, the statement said.

TRT went off the air shortly afterwards. It resumed broadcasting in the early hours of Saturday.

Reuters reporters saw a helicopter open fire in Ankara. Anadolu news agency said military helicopters had fired on the headquarters of the intelligence agency.

The coup had appeared strong early on Friday evening. A senior EU source monitoring the situation said: “It looks like a relatively well-orchestrated coup by a significant body of the military, not just a few colonels … They control several strategic points in Istanbul.”

One European diplomat was dining with the Turkish ambassador to a European capital when guests were interrupted by the pinging of urgent news on their mobile phones.

“This is clearly not some tinpot little coup. The Turkish ambassador was clearly shocked and is taking it very seriously,” the diplomat told Reuters as the dinner party broke up. “However it looks in the morning, this will have massive implications for Turkey. This has not come out of nowhere.”

Also read: Coup threatens US fight against ISIS

Turkey is one of the main backers of opponents of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in that country’s civil war, host to 2.7 million Syrian refugees and launchpad last year for the biggest influx of migrants to Europe since World War Two.

Celebratory gunfire erupted in Syria’s capital Damascus after the army claimed to have toppled Erdogan. People took to the streets to celebrate there and in other government-held cities.

aptopix-turkey-milita-759.jpg
A tank moves into position as Turkish people attempt to stop them, in Ankara, Turkey. (AP Photo)
Turkey has been at war with Kurdish separatists and has suffered numerous bombing and shooting attacks this year, including an attack two weeks ago by Islamists at Ataturk airport that killed more than 40 people.

After serving as prime minister from 2003, Erdogan was elected president in 2014 with plans to alter the constitution to give the previously ceremonial presidency far greater executive powers.

turkey-7594.jpg
Turkish military stand guard near the the Taksim Square as people wave with Turkish flags in Istanbul, Turkey, July 16, 2016. REUTERS/Murad Sezer
Turkey has enjoyed an economic boom during his time in office and has dramatically expanded its influence across the region. However, opponents say his rule has become increasingly authoritarian.

His AK Party, with roots in Islamism, has long had a strained relationship with the military and nationalists in a state that was founded on secularist principles after World War One. The military has a history of mounting coups to defend secularism, but has not seized power directly since 1980.

http://indianexpress.com/article/wo...ry-coup-bid-crumbles-erdogan-returns-2917235/

@Malik Alashter, @f1000n, @Hannah_Kravitz

Why do you even care our country when yours is by far the shittiest country on the entire planet? A bangladeshi is just the last person ever to condemn any other entity for any possible reasoning ever!

Leave our country alone and instead try to stop your country from being the arsehole of the planet earth!

Pity, pity, pity! Your buddies are about to be grilled. I love sheeek kebab.

The video you sent me was deleted, and yeah Obama is a lying piece of crap if that's what you sent me based on its title, and what's wrong with that picture?
its not deleted just not allowed to embedd - just click at it that it starts at youtube, u can see then the content, in that video they talk about the liar Netanjahu - and the picture is also part of it - he try to tell the world iran has a a-bomb soon biggest shit he ever did - so who is lying now?

@Neptune You need to understand one thing. The kind of system Atatürk brought was bound to fail sooner or later. A Muslim country where you ban Hijab and Beard and Azan will face public anger sooner or later and secular Governments will be over thrown. As for Turkey well Erodgan in his first 8 years focused on development which resulted in massive improvement in lives of majority of Turkish People that's majority of people are with Erodgan now and finally in his time women who want to wear Hijab can wear it and other religious freedoms also coming. So from now if some one tries to reimpose the Atatürk Secularism than that would only lead to civil war and chaos in Turkey because days of Atatürk secularism are over. @Hakan

@Neptune You need to understand one thing. The kind of system Atatürk brought was bound to fail sooner or later. A Muslim country where you ban Hijab and Beard and Azan will face public anger sooner or later and secular Governments will be over thrown. As for Turkey well Erodgan in his first 8 years focused on development which resulted in massive improvement in lives of majority of Turkish People that's majority of people are with Erodgan now and finally in his time women who want to wear Hijab can wear it and other religious freedoms also coming. So from now if some one tries to reimpose the Atatürk Secularism than that would only lead to civil war and chaos in Turkey because days of Atatürk secularism are over. @Hakan
those who wants to wear hijab can wear it even before erdogan come to power

They built some outstanding schools here in Kashmir after the 2005 earthquake, the children educated at these schools have gone on to become engineers and doctors at Pakistans finest universities, the things you have stated about Mr Gulen have shocked me if true, I certainly have not come across information to indicate his claims of being a messiah, anyway lets hope this unlawful coup has closed the door on coups in the great nation of Turkey.Wsalam brother
Road to hell is paved with good intentions - unfortunately. It all started the way you described in Turkey too, but we're now witnessing what a terrible end it might produce. Till 2013 I was having the same opinions as you, but it all evaporated seeing that their agenda is aligned quite differently. Some of his closest aides, who built the movement together, also left seeing the ulterior motives. F16 vs F16 has cleared all of our minds. It's a pyramid structure - folks at the bottom are workers who provide all the services - schools, hospitals etc. They have no clue or mind to see the "one-eyed" entity looking over it from the top...

That is definitely true of our country, I'm unsure how much that applies in Turkey, their cultural view of their military is different and the role of the military there has been different. To my understanding their military does not have a civilian leader, their president doesn't control it. Its the duty of the military there to intervene if a leader is straying from the democratic and secular vision of Ataturk.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, this is what I have often read though.

Sorry, you are very incorrect on your understanding. Democracy means the right of people to vote and rule their country. That's it. No military involved. But historically, some countries like Iraq, Libya, to some extent even Turkey and then Pakistan are some examples where the military wants to have influence in everything. Doesn't mean they should constitutionally. But its primarily because the people haven't risen up for their right, like what you see in Turkey today.

This is a life changing event for Turkey. In the future, there will never be a coup as the military watching tv, knows how people will deal with them. I've seen footage of the same soldiers who came in on tanks supported by army gunships, leaving in underwears with their hands up in the air and with bruised up faces and bleeding heads, pleading for mercy from the people who wanted to kill them because of the treason they committed and disrupted an entire country's system over night. So wherever there is a military who thinks they are above the law, well, they should learn from the past 24 hours in Turkey. Tomorrow could be their turn....

Road to hell is paved with good intentions - unfortunately. It all started the way you described in Turkey too, but we're now witnessing what a terrible end it might produce. Till 2013 I was having the same opinions as you, but it all evaporated seeing that their agenda is aligned quite differently. Some of his closest aides, who built the movement together, also left seeing the ulterior motives. F16 vs F16 has cleared all of our minds. It's a pyramid structure - folks at the bottom are workers who provide all the services - schools, hospitals etc. They have no clue or mind to see the "one-eyed" entity looking over it from the top...
Lets hope and pray Allah(saw) brings all on the straight path.

What was his motive? Why did he go against Erdogan?
It's not he who is in control. It's mostly about his handlers. They want Turkey to be always at the receiving end and confined within her borders. All aspects of Turkish folks lives need to be tightly controlled by these slaves of neo-colonists. Gulen's folks are supposed to be in all key positions - civil, military, business, academia - you name it. The ultimate goal is to institutionalize a parallel or light Deen in Turkey and impose it on the rest of the Muslim world..

I see a split in the future. West Turkey becoming independent.

Same will happen to Syria, Iraq, Lebanon. Split on ethnic/religious lines.

Maybe it's for the best. Political Islam does not fit with modern society.

Are you willing to split Israel also? A Palestine state or give back Golan High to Syria.

Probably you don't know about persecution of Armenians & Armenian Genocide ...

Doesn't change fact that ottoman empire was multi ethnic and culture empire.

Sorry, you are very incorrect on your understanding. Democracy means the right of people to vote and rule their country. That's it. No military involved. But historically, some countries like Iraq, Libya, to some extent even Turkey and then Pakistan are some examples where the military wants to have influence in everything. Doesn't mean they should constitutionally. But its primarily because the people haven't risen up for their right, like what you see in Turkey today.

This is a life changing event for Turkey. In the future, there will never be a coup as the military watching tv, knows how people will deal with them. I've seen footage of the same soldiers who came in on tanks supported by army gunships, leaving in underwears with their hands up in the air and with bruised up faces and bleeding heads, pleading for mercy from the people who wanted to kill them because of the treason they committed and disrupted an entire country's system over night. So wherever there is a military who thinks they are above the law, well, they should learn from the past 24 hours in Turkey. Tomorrow could be their turn....

No! That is not all. Democracy means much more than freedom of choice.

Back
Top Bottom