What's new

Turkish Genocide by Greeks in Cyprus (+18)

AlpErTunga

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
Turkey

Murat, Kutsi, Hakan and their mother Mrs. Ilhan were brutally murdered by EOKA terrorists in their bathroom.Their only guilt was being Turks.Murderers have never been sentenced and are still free...

Photo taken by Kurt Lariken/Die Welt(Germany)

Turkish Cypriot children were gunned down even in the middle of the streetsa

Turkish Cypriot victims who were assassinated by EOKA terrorists during Christian Massacre of 1963-1964 in Küçük Kaymakl?(Ayious Vassilius)

The horrifying fate of a Turkish Cypriot mother, Ülfet Osman (21) and her daughter and a teenage girl in the hands of a Greek Cypriot driver who deceived them with a promise to transport them to the Turkish controlled region of Cyprus on November 12, 1974

Another Turkish Cypriot victim of Bloody Noel who was assassinated by EOKA terrorists in Nicosia

A Turkish victim who is covered with a Turkish flag in Limassol.

Murdered Turkish Cypriots in the Christmas Eve of 1964 in Nicosia

Interesting indeed, AlperTunga. I have the following questions ..

Can you prove these pictures were of Turks murdered by Greeks? The Bangladeshis sometimes showed bodies of Biharis and claimed they were Bengalis during the 1971 war. They were identifiable by the clothes they wore.

What is the background to the Greek massacres. Start from the beginning, as I don't know much about it. Thanks.

Interesting indeed, AlperTunga. I have the following questions ..

Can you prove these pictures were of Turks murdered by Greeks? The Bangladeshis sometimes showed bodies of Biharis and claimed they were Bengalis during the 1971 war. They were identifiable by the clothes they wore.

What is the background to the Greek massacres. Start from the beginning, as I don't know much about it. Thanks.

Dear bro;

I have to search for their first source; when i can, i will share here ;) But I can talk about the first photo. Because Mr. Ilhan is still alive and he is one of my father's friends. Nihat Ilhan is retired doctor lieutenant general now.

He was one of the medicians who work in Cyprus during 1960s. And his family was killed because he was curing Turkish villagers who were shot by EOKA terrorists. They killed Mrs.Ilhan and his children in bathtube and they wrote insulting things to wall with their blood.

Also;

this quotation is from a greek-cypriot site, Cyprus History: Archbishop Makarios on the invasion of Cyprus by Greece

On Monday 15 July 1974 the ruling military junta in Greece staged a bloody coup in Cyprus with the collaboration of its supporters in order to achieve immediate Enosis (union with Greece). Makarios, whose aim was to achieve Enosis in the long term, was overthrown. The coupists proclaimed the establishment of "The Hellenic Republic of Cyprus" and installed Nicos Samson, a murderer, who was responsible for murders of many British and Turkish Cypriots in the 50s and 60s, as the president of this "Hellenic Republic".

During the coup more than 3000 Greek Cypriot supporters of Makarios and supporters of the Communist party AKEL were killed and an annihilation plan called AKRITAS was put into effect to exterminate Turkish Cypriot people.

Then according to her rights in Guarantee Pact of Cyprus, Turkish Army operated the Peace Operation of Cyprus in 1974. Today despite of many questions, at least people are in safe and there is peace on Cyprus island.

EOKA (Εθνική Οργάνωσις Κυπρίων Αγωνιστών, Ethniki Organosis Kyprion Agoniston (Greek for National Organisation of Cypriot Fighters))

Greek Cypriots established a secret organization called EOKA on 1 April 1955.EOKA militants were trained by Greek Colonel, Grivas.This terrorist organization first murdered about 400 Greek Cypriots who did not support ENOSIS(the idea of pure-Greek Cyprus) and then murdered Britishes and lastly murdered lots of Turkish Cypriots. After 3 years later on 1 August 1958 Turkish Cypriots established TMT (Turkish Resistance Team) in order to protect Turkish villages against EOKA atrocities, but could not so successful because of lack of organizing and weapons.

EOKA (Εθνική Οργάνωσις Κυπρίων Αγωνιστών, Ethniki Organosis Kyprion Agoniston (Greek for National Organisation of Cypriot Fighters))

Greek Cypriots established a secret organization called EOKA on 1 April 1955.EOKA militants were trained by Greek Colonel, Grivas.This terrorist organization first murdered about 400 Greek Cypriots who did not support ENOSIS(the idea of pure-Greek Cyprus) and then murdered Britishes and lastly murdered lots of Turkish Cypriots. After 3 years later on 1 August 1958 Turkish Cypriots established TMT (Turkish Resistance Team) in order to protect Turkish villages against EOKA atrocities, but could not so successful because of lack of organizing and weapons.

Alright, interesting stuff..So the Greeks have a militant outfit to capture Cyprus. Is it still active? Can you tell something of the history of the Cyprus conflict? It would help to set the situation for everyone I think.

In 1191, Richard the Lionheart settled on the island during the Crusade. He later sold the island to the Knights Templars and then allowed Guy de Lusignan to buy the island in 1192. The island remained under the rule of Lusignan until Venetians took over in 1489.

In 1571, the Ottomans conquered the island and ruled it until they rented it to the British in 1878 in accordance with a defence alliance between Britain and the Ottoman Empire. In 1925, Cyprus gets annexed by Britain when the Ottoman Empire enters into the World War I on the side of Germany. The island becomes a Crown Colony under the British rule. In 1960, the Turkish and Greek Cypriot communities established the Republic of Cyprus.

However, intercommunal strife began in 1963 when the Greek Cypriots attempted to unilaterally change the Constitution. The Turkish Cypriots were forced out of the Republic, a total of 103 Turkish villages were evacuated and the Turkish Cypriots were forced to live in enclaves that made up only three percent of the island. Turkey intervened in 1974 following a Greece-backed coup aimed at unifying the island with Greece. The island was divided into a Turkish-Cypriot north and a Greek-Cypriot south.

In 1975 Turkish Cypriots declared the Turkish Federated State of Cyprus and in 1983 the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus was established. In April 2003, the travel restrictions on the island were partially lifted and borders between the north and the south opened after 30 years. In 24 April 2004 Turkish Cypriots overwhelmingly accepted a United Nations peace plan, namely the Annan Plan, aimed at unifying the island. The plan failed when Greek Cypriots rejected it. On 1 May 2004, the Greek Cypriot side entered the European Union under the name of “Cyprus Republic” on behalf of the whole island.

In other words, Cyprus is the key of sovereignity on Eastern Mediterranenan Sea, Anatolia and almost all the Middle East. So she is appetizing the "super" powers. All this stuff is the result of their game on the Middle East.

Greek Cypriot from Cyprus here. To my turkish friend: First of all Cyprus is neither greek nor turkish, cyprus is cyprus an intependent state member of the EU. Second you described one side of the coin only the way you want to present it.

1) yes greek cypriots murdered many of turkish cypriots but turkish cypriots murdered the same amount of greek cypriots. Why didnt you mention that?

2)EOKA was disolved more than 30 years ago but TMT still exists. Why?.... to feed people with fanatism.

3)Annan plan was rejected because it was a plan to give cyprus to turkey..no fairness whatsoever. Population of Cyprus Consists of about:
78% GreekCypriots
20% Turkish Cypriots
2% Armenians,Latins,maronites
One of the fun parts of the plan was that the turkish cypriots were given 50% of the governement?!?!?!?!?!?. With brief words the other 80% of the population becomes the minority and the 20% of the turkish cypriots becomes the majority. Does this seems fair to you?

4)it wasnt a Peace Operation of Cyprus in 1974 but an invasion of a soveign country by turkey currently occupying 37% of its territory. If it was a peace keeping operation why the self declared state in the north is recognised only by turkey and declared as illegal by the rest of the world including all the major organizations like Nato, EU , UN and US?

some things you mentioned my turkish friend are true but you should provide the facts as they happenned and not as you want them to appear.

theres a lot of info in the net or just google "turkish invasion of cyprus" you will find millions of articles from bbc, cnn and all the major networks of the world. also in wikipedia search turkish invasion of cyprus and you will find many info.

peace to all of u!!

Turks have been massacred in many places after the fall of the Ottoman Empire, though mostly by Kemal Ataturd.

More pictures...

6d3087ec09b769183927871ea40f777d.jpg

aeebdc5e05d6b1aff261c127853d071e.jpg

fb02ccbf283779bac568ec38356162c3.jpg

52b531cf42a32dacc07d80c3aa612605.jpg

7107604766c0e1c2d90db2970620e5c2.jpg

43927f06b6152a37de32b54f69bc8ae8.jpg

2fc22ba2557051779ed56f3fb636c998.jpg

Back
Top Bottom