What's new

Turkish F-16s are going to Greece

dBSPL

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Turkish F-16s are going to Greece as part of NATO Tiger Meet 2022 Exercise

Tiger Meet, which is among NATO's planned exercises, will be held in Greece this year. The exercise will be hosted by the 335th Mira Squadron of the Greek Air Force (HAF). The main base of the exercise will be Araxos Air Base in western Greece.

The 192nd Squadron "Tiger" (192. Filo "Kaplan") will participate in the exercise from Turkey. The 192nd Squadron has F-16C/D Block 50+ Fighting Falcon fighter jets.

TIGER MEET PROGRAM:

On a typical Tiger Meet flying program you will find all possible combat training. Due to the growing helicopter force within the Tigers and their heavy use in today’s conflicts, they are integrated within the mission as Forward Air Controllers, insertion and extraction of ground forces, or in a CSAR role. Beside their work within the COMAO's the helicopter force often practices with local army (special) forces.

Whenever possible, Tiger Meets are incorporated into larger scale exercises like Clean Hunter 01, Anatolian Eagle, and Daring Eagle 02. During an average 2 week Tiger meet not less than 800 sorties are typically flown by the Tigers. No need to say that people involved in mission planning and aircraft maintenance also have a busy working schedule.

UMET8809.jpg

KT%20NTM2021%2012gruppo%20EF2000%20A2A%20special%20paint.jpg

KT%20NTM2021%20335M%20F16%203ship%20A2A.jpg

192Filo%20formation%20A2A%20NTM2014.jpg

31Smd%20F-16%20Blackbird%20A2A.jpg

EC05-330%20NTM2008.jpg

Tiger Meet is great. All those countries competing together in a friendly way.

Well done @dBSPL for posting it. I read about it last night in a greek site and then I saw the post here.
Gunaydin guys

Tiger Meet is great. All those countries competing together in a friendly way.

Well done @dBSPL for posting it. I read about it last night in a greek site and then I saw the post here.
Gunaydin guys
The meeting event of the Tiger squadrons is one of the most enjoyable activities in NATO. Actually, it's more like an aviation sports organization; The pilots and ground crews show an example of hard work and cooperation, awards are given in various disciplines, the most amazing of which is undoubtedly the Tiger paint jobs of the jets, and all these events always end with a great party.

Since Greece will host this meeting, HAF will probably have the best preparation. We are expecting a lot of photos of the 335th Tiger squadron, of course with Tiger paint jobs.

I dont see it as a joke buddy. Relations between our two nations are bad enough, dont you think? The world has so many problems and we Greeks and Turks make life harder for each other.
But seriously Turkey should not attent there. Boycot this greece

And who will attack Greece? we saw how useless NATO was/is in Middle East too. NATO has served its purpose time to move on I say. Speaking for Turkey of course.

We see on Ukraine right now how fast things can change from normal to WW II in a short time. Putin wants to recreate USSR 2.0 and even Sweden and Finland feel threatened now. Turkey is not save either and so is Greece. We may not be friends but at least stand on the same side that we dont want live under russian occupation.

Last time i checked we are both NATO. In an emergency you would even need to defend us and so would we do for you.
when Turkey downed that Russian jet we didn’t see any support from NATO. U.S even pulled back it’s Patriots from the border.

Guys, please!
president Macron said Nato is braindead it is not us Turks they say it is dead. That’s they try to form a new E.U. force.

Back
Top Bottom