Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakan

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Turkish Defence Forum Announcements
This thread will contain updates related to various rules and regulations for the turkish section. The rules are to be followed by all members no matter their status, be it Mods such as myself , think tanks, elite members etc. when posting in our section. I would like to stress that this section is first and foremost a section related to DEFENCE issues so most discussions or threads should be related to military and security topics with the exception of non defence related turkish scientific or technological developments.

Various threads exist for non defence related issues:

Turkish Economy - News & Updates
Pictures of Turkey
Turkish Politics & Internal Affairs
Poll: Turkey's possible future union
Turkish Geopolitics/ Foreign Affairs
Huge Projects of Türkiye
Turkic - Anatolian Music
Turkic - Anatolian Cuisines
Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.
Azerbaijan National Aerospace Agency
Economic Development in Azerbaijan

Note: Sometimes big and important events happen that are non defence related and need their own threads in that case it is up to members to decide whether or not an event deserves it's own
separate
thread. For example the gezi park protests.

Regular PDF Rules:

Forum Rules
Topics banned on PDF
Reaffirming ban on graphic content.

Multiple IDs creations
Zero tolerance policy towards female harassment and misogyny.

TDF Rules:
  • No random political posts in defence related threads unless they are directly related to a topic, for example delay in the MILGEM program. (Violation of this rule will result in a pre warning followed by infraction points for further violations.)
  • All posts outside of the Çay Bahçesi thread must be in english and all posts in the Çay Bahçesi must be in either English, Turkish, or Urdu. All non english news if posted must have a short summary. This regulation is to ensure that all users have equal access to information on this forum.
  • Insults against against historical national figures such as Ataturk are not allowed and insults against historical religious figures (Prophets, etc.) are not allowed.
  • Comments inciting separatism, comments supporting terrorism and comments calling for civil war will not be tolerated.
Note: All posts violating rules are automatically subject to deletion or editing at the discretion of moderators.

(Many of the TDF rules listed above do overlap into the regular forum rules but specifically stating particular issues will clear up any confusions)

Please use the report button regularly!!!

Report Button!

Thanks.

Last edited:
It was brought to my attention that there was a weird but legitimate looking link in one of our threads, when clicked it directs you to a website you did not intend to visit. Please be careful when clicking links in general, several times I have seen malicious links around on this forum.

You can use this website to scan suspicious files and URL's:
VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner

It didn't catch the malicious link that was brought to my attention today but it may catch others.

Sorry for not being around I have been very busy lately. Other mods have been regulating this section for a few weeks.

I am keeping my eyes out for people who are here creating problems with political and religious discussions. If you are here to discuss those topics this is the wrong place for you. I will ban you from this section if you don't contribute to the military topics and only derail threads with provocative statements. We have 1 thread for political discussions, discuss what you want there. We can't allow people to drive down the quality, you are scaring off the experts.

Please focus on the quality of posts not the quantity of posts, lately I am seeing overall forum quality go down. Also before opening a thread see if you can fit it into one of our sticky threads or super threads. I want to also remind everyone that this is primarily a defense forum not a political forum.

Remind to members for various special rules for Turkish defence section above. We should enhance the quality of this forum with focusing on scientific and technology related matters instead of politics. The people who is willing to share own opinion regarding politics, will be allowed to do in already opened threads listed above. It will not allowed to open more threads out of the nature of this section. Even If you speak politics, It will not be allowed to insult the values of Turkish Republic along with great historical leaders like Ataturk and the politic elements making Turkey a Social, Secular and Law Republic.

Please use the report buttons frequently to raise awareness for immediate precuations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom