What's new

Turkish defence Budget

LordTyrannus

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Hello,

i am curious how big the defence budget of Turkey is in 2014?

I know that it was 9,3 billion dollars in 2013.

I wonder how you can finance your ambitious projects + hold your troop strength with that small amount of Money?

For reference, Iran has a Defence Budget of 14,4 billion dollars. Israel 18,5 Billion dollars.

1. USA 600
2. China 160
3. Russia 80

What ambitious projects Turkey is undertaking other than Fifth generation fighter project??

What ambitious projects Turkey is undertaking other than Fifth generation fighter project??

They try to produce indegenous Tanks and some other stuff. Also some Warships of small size.

They try to produce indegenous Tanks and some other stuff. Also some Warships of small size.
I was talking about ambitious projects,anyway i think R&D budget is sepetate from R&D budget.

I was talking about ambitious projects,anyway i think R&D budget is sepetate from R&D budget.

Even producing some ground vehicles are Ambitious for Turks. They lack any kind of Industry or resources. Its a great achievement for them to produce small weapon systems.

Hello,

I wonder how you can finance your ambitious projects + hold your troop strength with that small amount of Money?

For reference, Iran has a Defence Budget of 14,4 billion dollars. Israel 18,5 Billion dollars.

1. USA 600
2. China 160
3. Russia 80

'According to the 2014 budget figures, Turkey’s defense ministry got an annual budget worth $10.908 billion, up 7.15 percent from $10.18 billion in 2013.'

Turkey Increases Defense Spending in 2014 Budget | Defense News | defensenews.com

Turkey has still a long way to go in development and getting independence militarily and politically from western countries for our own security. But we have 60% self sufficiency in military field now, though it's the critical parts that matter, especially an indigenous motor, i see that is a problem almost always.

Even producing some ground vehicles are Ambitious for Turks. They lack any kind of Industry or resources. Its a great achievement for them to produce small weapon systems.

Well, Turkey has developed many vehicles by themselves already. Real ambitions of Turkey are developing own 5th generation plane, indigenous motor for example, because these things almost no similar country, like Turkey, has them.

Plus, to say Turkey lacks any defense industry is incorrect.

Defence Innovations from Turkey | TR Defence

Last edited:
'According to the 2014 budget figures, Turkey’s defense ministry got an annual budget worth $10.908 billion, up 7.15 percent from $10.18 billion in 2013.'

Turkey has still a long way to go in development and getting independence militarily and politically from western countries for our own security. But we have 60% self sufficiency in military field now, though it's the critical parts that matter, especially an indigenous motor, i see that is a problem almost always.

I think it will be very hard in the future for Turkey to get western technology which is traded in hard currency Euros and Dollars, because the turkish money Lira is so weak and becoming weaker every day.

Quo Vadis Turkey?

chart.aspx

I think it will be very hard in the future for Turkey to get western technology which is traded in hard currency Euros and Dollars, because the turkish money Lira is so weak and becoming weaker every day.

Quo Vadis Turkey?

chart.aspx

I don't think that the currency will be that big of a big obstacle for the military industry as you put it.

On a side note, now is the time you follow in the footsteps of countless other fellow Russians and visit Turkey for some vacation :)

I don't think that the currency will be that big of a big obstacle for the military industry as you put it.

On a side note, now is the time you follow in the footsteps of countless other fellow Russians and visit Turkey for some vacation :)

I prefer Spain and Italy.

Turkish defence budget is not quite simple to calculate.beside the general 10 billion budget pie, there are some different money funds such as
tsk kalkındırma fonu etc. And also gendarma and coastguard budgets are not in defence bugdet. their source is internal affairs ministry. Plus , you should know that r&d budgets are seperate too.such as SSM , TÜBİTAK and also firms like Aselsan, roketsan has their own resources.if you sum them, you can see the total budget is 2 or 3 time bigger.

Finally, our forces hadn't bought most of those big project products yet.. when it comes to the buying level, general budget is going to rise naturally year by year.

For example take t-129 project. No helicopter has bought by army yet. many of them were produxed and have being testing for years and many of them are production line. When the tests are over and army take them one by one to inventory, then they will give the money and budget will rise automaticly that much.

Hello,

1. USA 600
2. China 160
3. Russia 80

are you trolling the turks??

Turkish defence budget is not quite simple to calculate.beside the general 10 billion budget pie, there are some different money funds such as
tsk kalkındırma fonu etc. And also gendarma and coastguard budgets are not in defence bugdet. their source is internal affairs ministry. Plus , you should know that r&d budgets are seperate too.such as SSM , TÜBİTAK and also firms like Aselsan, roketsan has their own resources.if you sum them, you can see the total budget is 2 or 3 time bigger.

Finally, our forces hadn't bought most of those big project products yet.. when it comes to the buying level, general budget is going to rise naturally year by year.

For example take t-129 project. No helicopter has bought by army yet. many of them were produxed and have being testing for years and many of them are production line. When the tests are over and army take them one by one to inventory, then they will give the money and budget will rise automaticly that much.

Does Turkey have that extra money? I mean you lack any serious industrial production and resources. Selling some vegetables for Weapons will not work i think.

@vK man

I was just curious why the Turks getting so proud and megalomanic the last years. I mean they are used to be the fifth wheel of NATO.

Does Turkey have that extra money? I mean you lack any serious industrial production and resources. Selling some vegetables for Weapons will not work i think.

@vK man

I was just curious why the Turks getting so proud and megalomanic the last years. I mean they are used to be the fifth wheel of NATO.

I think you should do some reading about Turkey's developments in the last decade. I think you're still having a hangover from the 90's, Boris :D

I think you should do some reading about Turkey's developments in the last decade. I think you're still having a hangover from the 90's, Boris :D

You still lack any proper industrial producing capability and resources. I wonder on which basis you build your card board dream house? Western hot money aka short term credits?

I don't think Israel's defense budget counts the $3 billion annual aid from the US so they're probably closer to $21 billion which is ridiculous, that means they're developing massive offensive capabilities to attack neighbors.

Back
Top Bottom