What's new

TURKEY WILL BEGIN RECEIVING ANKA-S DRONES IN 2017

nadeemkhan110

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
TAI-Anka-01-TAI-692x360.png

Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) Anka medium-altitude long-endurance unmanned aerial vehicle. Photo credit: TAI
TURKEY WILL BEGIN RECEIVING ANKA-S DRONES IN 2017

The Turkish Armed Forces will begin receiving its satellite-communication (SATCOM)-equipped Anka-S medium-altitude long-endurance (MALE) unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) in 2017.

Turkish news publications, such as the Daily Sabah, report that 10 ground systems will be delivered to the armed forces, with deliveries set to be completed by 2018. The contract to supply the systems was signed in 2013.

Developed and produced by Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI), the Anka is Turkey’s principal intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) platform. Development commenced in 2004 and the Anka’s maiden test flight took place in December 2010.

The Anka-S has an endurance of 18 hours and can fly at an altitude of up to a little more than 7,000 metres. The Anka can carry a payload of 200 kg.

Source: http://quwa.org/2016/12/28/turkey-will-begin-receiving-anka-s-drones-in-2017/

Good News for brothers :-)

Pakistan should opt for few technologies which can provide us few cards to play without international consequences.

InshAllah. We have been waiting for 10 years. The project had many problems and traitors-sabotages so far.

New problems are awaiting it in the future. I hope we will improve our defense industry to overcome of the problems.

So it's not armed? I mean, only 200kg? Why is Anka program taking so much time when Baykar has already produced better armed drones and demonstrated their capabilities as well??

So it's not armed? I mean, only 200kg? Why is Anka program taking so much time when Baykar has already produced better armed drones and demonstrated their capabilities as well??

Because the requirements have been constantly changed and private sector usually performs better then public sector.

Back
Top Bottom