What's new

Turkey, Pakistan to co-produce series on revered Muslim general Saladin

Racial difference (major).

Imagine A Tamil playing the role of Alexander
Wth 🤣

So we can't find anyone in Pakistan showbiz industry that look like Saladin a middle eastern Hero...

Last edited:
No it is not, u r ignoring the fact a huge mumber of descendants of turks, mongols, persians and Arabs live in Pakistan. My own family is descended from Ali(RA). Pakistan is an influx of bloodlines from all the right places.
You don't even have to find bloodlines or what not

A Local man named Cheema can play the role of a middle eastern character
No it is not, u r ignoring the fact a huge mumber of descendants of turks, mongols, persians and Arabs live in Pakistan. My own family is descended from Ali(RA). Pakistan is an influx of bloodlines from all the right places.

What are u smoking seriously, if u r ugly dont project that on to Pakistani’s, a huge majority of Pakistanis look much better than Arabs in general if u discount the Karachi MQM bhaiya types who actually came from India.
I wouldn't say "much better" that's a bit of an exaggeration, but certainly don't agree with the fact that Pakistanis can't play middle eastern characters

Last edited:
Please please.. Make a 200m big budget Muhammed of Ghor series to be aired on netflix... The Indians meltdown on twitter will be iconic

People who think this is some academic exercise need to have their brains scanned.

This new consumerism in distortion of history is quite appalling.

I wonder if they will present him as Kurdish or go for Seljuk or settle for Arab.
none of ur concern. Salahuddin is loved by all Muslims and liked by crusaders as well

Turkey, Pakistan to co-produce series on revered Muslim general Saladin .
Turkish producer Emre Konuk, owner of Akli Films, announces signing new deal with Pakistan's Ansari & Shah Films to jointly produce a TV series about the life of Salahuddin al-Ayyubi.
The series, featuring actors from Turkey and Pakistan, will be shot in Turkey and is planned to have three seasons.
The series, featuring actors from Turkey and Pakistan, will be shot in Turkey and is planned to have three seasons. (Twitter/@emrekonukk)
Turkey and Pakistan have announced plans to co-produce a television series on the life of Salahuddin al-Ayyubi, a revered Muslim general popularly known in the West as Saladin.

Having welcomed the project offer from Pakistan's Ansari & Shah Films, producer Emre Konuk, owner of Turkey's Akli Films, announced on Saturday that they have reached an agreement.

"A happy news on a blessed Friday night! Contract signed between Akli Films and Ansari & Shah Films about 'Sultan Selahaddin Ayyubi'," Konuk tweeted.

He wished that the international, joint project is beneficial "to our country and our art world."

READ MORE: Why are psychological dramas dominating Turkish TV?

Series will be shot in Pakistan

The series, featuring actors from Turkey and Pakistan, will be shot in Turkey and is planned to have three seasons.

Konuk said he was happy to realise the project, despite being aware of the difficulty in portraying "this great person who left his mark in history and all over the world."

Saladin defeated the crusaders and recaptured Jerusalem in 1187.
historically, Sultan Saladin was a man of a short height with a medium build but a brilliant mind and piercing eyes. I think that the Turkish actor Cavit Cetin Guner aka Dogan Alp perfectly fits that description and is chosen for the role of Sultan Saladin.

It will be a good effort, we need more like this, so far we have only one from Arab world " Omar Series ", Amazing series to watch, hopefully they make more like Omar and this upcoming movie/series. Thank God they pick a decent Actor Ijaz Aslam, he is a very humble man and a good actor.

It is written by Khalil Ur Rehman Qamar. He in an interview few months ago he will make an historic series like Ertugrul
OH GOD NO!!!
giphy.gif

abay is kay tau fazool kay ronay dhonay valay dialogue hi khatam nhi hon gey, salaybi is kay lambay lambay dialogues hi sun kar bhaag jayein gey!!! :angry:

I wonder if they will present him as Kurdish or go for Seljuk or settle for Arab.
Kurdish.
Hell will break loose in kurdland if shown otherwise.

But pakistanis dont mind whatever he is called . Pakistanis dont care about the geography and ethnicity of a muslim warrior. True ummatis.

Last edited:
I wish to see a series on Khalid Bin Waleed (r.a).

So Turks want Pakistanis to help them make a series about a Kurd who commanded Arabs. :bounce:

Yes, for some reason, all descendends of the Prophet's (SAW) family moved to South Asia and none live in the Arab world anymore.
It will be a good effort, we need more like this, so far we have only one from Arab world " Omar Series ", Amazing series to watch, hopefully they make more like Omar and this upcoming movie/series. Thank God they pick a decent Actor Ijaz Aslam, he is a very humble man and a good actor.

That was so well made.

Back
Top Bottom