What's new

Turkey and the European Union: A tiny thaw? | THE ECONOMIST

It is a good development for both! but I doubt it will ever happen.

Anyways... best of luck.

Most of the Turkish population doesnt want in the EU.
We were sick and tired of their games,so this is just bs.
Dont take this news serious,its the other way round now they want us but we dont care anymore.
It took us 50 years to finally get the message.

Most of the Turkish population doesnt want in the EU.
We were sick and tired of their games,so this is just bs.
Dont take this news serious,its the other way round now they want us but we dont care anymore.
It took us 50 years to finally get the message.

I think at current rates of growth, assuming Turkey grows at 5% a year and the EU stays static, by 2025 Turkey will indeed be around the EU average of GDP/capita by 2025. It will still be somewhat behind the likes of economic powerhouses like Germany though.

The world is and will become even more dramatically different now than it was in the past decades and the future of the world centre of economic power will shift to Asia - mostly China but to a lesser extent states like India and Indonesia. The UK are ***-kissing the Indians in 2012 to allow their businesses access to the Indian market - just imagine what it would be like in 2025!

I think at current rates of growth, assuming Turkey grows at 5% a year and the EU stays static, by 2025 Turkey will indeed be around the EU average of GDP/capita by 2025. It will still be somewhat behind the likes of economic powerhouses like Germany though.

The world is and will become even more dramatically different now than it was in the past decades and the future of the world centre of economic power will shift to Asia - mostly China but to a lesser extent states like India and Indonesia. The UK are ***-kissing the Indians in 2012 to allow their businesses access to the Indian market - just imagine what it would be like in 2025!

The per capita income of Turkey is still more than alteast, 2 EU member countries Romania and Bulgaria.

Back
Top Bottom