What's new

Turkey, AKP and The Olympiad: Hypocrisy?

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
İstanbul 2020 Olimpiyat Tanıtım Filmi | Istanbul 2020 Olympics Promotional Video (FULL) - YouTube

The conservative and islamic rooted Akp and Erdoğan aired a video to increase the chane of Turkey for 2020 olympiad; However, Rihanna sings a song of her called ''dimond in the sky'', at the same time the voice of The Ezan is heard; People drink alcohol at bars, woman with miniskirt gets on a boat, another one runs in a street. However, there is no any single woman with headscarf.

Is this irony?

The conservative and islamic rooted Akp and Erdoğan aired a video to increase the chane of Turkey for 2020 olympiad; However, Rihanna sings a song of her called ''dimond in the sky'', at the same time the voice of The Ezan is heard; People drink alcohol at bars, woman with miniskirt gets on a boat, another one runs in a street. However, there is no any single woman with headscarf.

Is this irony?
There is no women with headscarve because women with headscarve never do any sports. They only go to hamam if you can call that a sport. It is just nature of Olimpics. Nothing ironic about it. I think the right word is pragmatic. If they only show women with headscarves some people who don't know anything about Istanbul might think Turkey is a place like Iran. This way Turkey will make more chance of winning, which is the most important.

The conservative and islamic rooted Akp and Erdoğan aired a video to increase the chane of Turkey for 2020 olympiad; However, Rihanna sings a song of her called ''dimond in the sky'', at the same time the voice of The Ezan is heard; People drink alcohol at bars, woman with miniskirt gets on a boat, another one runs in a street. However, there is no any single woman with headscarf. Is this irony?
Interesting. I think the main reason for that is to attract the Westerners because they may have thought in reality Turkey is an Islamic nation so what the Turks are trying to do is motivate a "Western Style" video about the olympiad in order to boost their reputation for the olympic chance.

There is no women with headscarve because women with headscarve never do any sports. They only go to hamam if you can call that a sport. It is just nature of Olimpics. Nothing ironic about it. I think the right word is pragmatic. If they only show women with headscarves some people who don't know anything about Istanbul might think Turkey is a place like Iran. This way Turkey will make more chance of winning, which is the most important.

and this is my sentence:

The conservative and islamic rooted Akp and Erdoğan

if you are right , then they are ashamed of showing women with headscarves; at this point starts the irony.

btw, the clip Shows many places in İstanbul, which means they Show the soical life in İstanbul. but you say:

There is no women with headscarve because women with headscarve never do any sports

Interesting. I think the main reason for that is to attract the Westerners because they may have thought in reality Turkey is an Islamic nation so what the Turks are trying to do is motivate a "Western Style" video about the olympiad in order to boost their reputation for the olympic chance.

that is the part which makes me irritated; they always chant we are muslim, we support palestinains etc; but they can easily forget what they are, which many Turks call 'Takiye' (hypocrisy).

There is no women with headscarve because women with headscarve never do any sports. They only go to hamam if you can call that a sport.
Sorry, I don't know what do you mean. There are specific kind of sports they play with scarves.
olympics-hijabs.jpg

hijab.jpg

saudi-arabia-muslim-sharia-.si.jpg

7041207.jpg

20080822t060349z_01_olyts603_rtrmdnp_3_olympicsathletics_thumb.jpg

292584.jpg

female-taekwondo-olympian.jpg

More-Muslim-girls-play-sports-while-wearing-scarf-long-pants-3-793x1024.jpg

muslim_olympic_girls.jpg

1Aug-Muslim-Athlete-IndiaInk-blog480.jpg

Tokyo have hosted the games before unlike istanbul this is a unjust decision they gave to olympics such a soulless city tokyo

may be political decision ?

Back
Top Bottom