What's new

TRUE POTENTAL OF CPEC

Samlee

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi Guys I Will In The Following Days Be Showing The True Potential of Gwadar Deep Seaport and How It Will Become True Game Changer.This Project Is Multidimensional and Even Then People Have Not Assessed The True Potential of CPEC and Gwadar Port.

This Is My First Thread Guys I Would Love Encouragment On Your Part

GWADAR AS TRANSSHIPMENT HUB

DEFINITION:
TRANSSHIPMENT IS DEFINED AS TRANSFER OF CARGO FROM A SMALLER SHIP TO A LARGER SHIP TO AVAIL COST SAVINGS DUE TO ECONOMIES OF SCALE.BECAUSE LARGER SHIPS ONLY BERTH AT PORTS WITH SUFFICIENTLY DEEP DRAFT.TRADERS FROM DIFFERENT COUNTRIES USE THESE DEEP DRAFT (OR DEEP SEAPORTS) FOR TRADE SINCE THE PORTS IN THEIR COUNTRIES ARE NOT DEEP ENOUGH TO ACCOMODATE LARGER VESSELS.SIMILARLY IF A COUNTRY DOES NOT HAVE DEEP SEAPORT, AND IS IMPORTING SOMETHING WHICH COMES ON A LARGER SHIP THE LARGER SHIP WILL BERTH AT A DEEP SEAPORT(DUBAI OR SINGAPORE) AND THEN MERCHANDISE WILL BE OFFLOADED TO A SMALLER VESSEL AND THEN GO TO IT'S FINAL DESTINATION

WHY GWADAR???

GWADAR IS A NATURAL DEEP SEAPORT.COPH PLANS TO FURTHER DREDGE THE PORT TO EXTEND IT'S DEPTH UPTO A WHOPPING 20 m!!!!

http://cophcgwadar.com.192-185-11-8.secure19.win.hostgator.com/whygwadar.aspx

MAXIMUM DRAFT OF SINGAPORE:16 m

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_of_Singapore

MAXIMUM DRAFT OF DUBAI(PORT RASHID):13 m

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Rashid

LET ME JUST GIVE YOU ONE EXAMPLE OF HOW DEEP SEA TRANSSHIPMENT PORTS ATTRACT TRADE FROM OTHER COUNTRIES.EXPORTS FROM PAKISTAN DO NOT DIRECTLY GO TO BANGLADESH,THEY STOP AT SINGAPORE ARE OFFLOADED TO A SMALLER VESSEL AND THEN MOVE ONTO CHITTAGONG

ONCE PHASE 2 OF GWADAR PORT EXPANSION IS COMPLETED,GWADAR WILL EASILY BECOME DEEPEST PORT IN THE REGION

ANOTHER ADVANTAGE THAT GWADAR HAS OVER DUBAI AND OTHER PORTS IN THE GCC REGION IS THAT IT IS CLOSER TO MAJOR SEA TRAFFIC THAN ALL OF THEM EXCEPT SALALAH.IF SHIPS IGNORE GWADAR THAN THEY WILL HAVE TO TRAVEL A FURTHER 500 NAUTICAL MILES TO DUBAI

Last edited:
Please do not write in capital, bold fonts and try to avoid using red colour

Moderators use red colour for warnings and it looks professional if you avoid using bold fonts except titles. You seem informative person so I am not deleting for now but I hope you will follow the rules next time

Thank you

Please do not write in capital, bold fonts and try to avoid using red colour

Moderators use red colour for warnings and it looks professional if you avoid using bold fonts except titles. You seem informative person so I am not deleting for now but I hope you will follow the rules next time

Thank you

OK Thank You Sir It Is My First Thread on PDF So I Hope You Will Excuse Me

Here Is One Example of How Gwadar Can Avail Transshipment Opportunities:
Some Years Ago Indian Companies Contracted to Purchase Russian Coal For Their Power Plants and Steel Mills.The Russian Coal Exporters Insisted On Shipping Coal on Capesize Vessels.But Indian Ports Don't Have The Draft To Accomodate It

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com...ft-to-attract-bigger-ships/article2290543.ece

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/rM...arrow-berth-to-big-mainline-cargo-vessel.html

The Solution Is Simple Russian Capesize Vessels Dock At Gwadar Where Indian Ships Are Waiting.They Unload The Coal and Indian Ships Proceed to Mundra

Note:
This Is One Example of infinite Opportunities Gwadar Can Attract From USA to Far East.
And This Is A Hypothetical Example.I Highly Doubt An Overinflated Ego Maniac Like Modi Would Let It Happen

Another Example of Transshipment:

Shanghai Port Has Depth of 15 m Gwadar Has A Depth of 20 m(On Completion of Phase 2) And Port of Rotterdam Has Depth of 25 m

Ships Sailing From Shanghai Or Any Other Chinese Port With Lower Depth
Can Offload At Gwadar to A Larger Ship(Maybe Triple E Class) Thus Enjoy Lower Freight Costs For Roughly Half The Journey Moving to Rotterdam Or Piraeus (Greek Port Purchased By China Depth 18 m).

Many More Examples Can Be Given.Transshipment Is A Competitive Market.Pakistan Will Have To Provide The Best Facilities At The Lowest Costs Which Is Very Much Possible.

Gwadar Is Located At The Mouth Of The Ultra Strategic Strait of Hormuz Where Nearly A Third of The World's Crude Oil Passes.Most Ports In The World Do Not Have The Capacity to Accommodate Those Massive VLCCs and ULCCs.If Gwadar Deepens It's Channel By 5 m(Very Possible and Maybe Likely In The Future) and Establishes Large Scale Oil Storage Terminals and Refineries(Multiple Offers of Refineries Have Been Made to Pakistan And Right Now At Least One Is Under Construction),A Major Portion of The World's Crude Trade Would Come Here for Transshipment and Lightering.Then Smaller Panamax or Post Panamax Product Tankers Can Then Collect The Product And Go For Their Destinations

Transshipment Is Dependent On Many Factors Many of Which Are Favorable right Now For Pakistan.
1.Location(w.r.t Destination and origin)
2.Geophysical Advantage Port Depth and Capacity
3.Costs and Incentives Offered By The Government(Pakistan Has Some of The Lowest Labour Costs In The World)
4.Facilities to Shippers(Refuelling and Chandlery etc.)

Pakistan Can Attract A Major Portion of Global Trade if The The Right Strategy Is Pursued

GWADAR AS TRANSSHIPMENT HUB

DEFINITION:
TRANSSHIPMENT IS DEFINED AS TRANSFER OF CARGO FROM A SMALLER SHIP TO A LARGER SHIP TO AVAIL COST SAVINGS DUE TO ECONOMIES OF SCALE.BECAUSE LARGER SHIPS ONLY BERTH AT PORTS WITH SUFFICIENTLY DEEP DRAFT.TRADERS FROM DIFFERENT COUNTRIES USE THESE DEEP DRAFT (OR DEEP SEAPORTS) FOR TRADE SINCE THE PORTS IN THEIR COUNTRIES ARE NOT DEEP ENOUGH TO ACCOMODATE LARGER VESSELS.SIMILARLY IF A COUNTRY DOES NOT HAVE DEEP SEAPORT, AND IS IMPORTING SOMETHING WHICH COMES ON A LARGER SHIP THE LARGER SHIP WILL BERTH AT A DEEP SEAPORT(DUBAI OR SINGAPORE) AND THEN MERCHANDISE WILL BE OFFLOADED TO A SMALLER VESSEL AND THEN GO TO IT'S FINAL DESTINATION

WHY GWADAR???

GWADAR IS A NATURAL DEEP SEAPORT.COPH PLANS TO FURTHER DREDGE THE PORT TO EXTEND IT'S DEPTH UPTO A WHOPPING 20 m!!!!

http://cophcgwadar.com.192-185-11-8.secure19.win.hostgator.com/whygwadar.aspx

MAXIMUM DRAFT OF SINGAPORE:16 m

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_of_Singapore

MAXIMUM DRAFT OF DUBAI(PORT RASHID):13 m

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Rashid

LET ME JUST GIVE YOU ONE EXAMPLE OF HOW DEEP SEA TRANSSHIPMENT PORTS ATTRACT TRADE FROM OTHER COUNTRIES.EXPORTS FROM PAKISTAN DO NOT DIRECTLY GO TO BANGLADESH,THEY STOP AT SINGAPORE ARE OFFLOADED TO A SMALLER VESSEL AND THEN MOVE ONTO CHITTAGONG

ONCE PHASE 2 OF GWADAR PORT EXPANSION IS COMPLETED,GWADAR WILL EASILY BECOME DEEPEST PORT IN THE REGION

ANOTHER ADVANTAGE THAT GWADAR HAS OVER DUBAI AND OTHER PORTS IN THE GCC REGION IS THAT IT IS CLOSER TO MAJOR SEA TRAFFIC THAN ALL OF THEM EXCEPT SALALAH.IF SHIPS IGNORE GWADAR THAN THEY WILL HAVE TO TRAVEL A FURTHER 500 NAUTICAL MILES TO DUBAI
now that is some great brand new info for me mate. was surprised to know how deep gawader really is compared to other ports :o:

Internationally Gwadar will become a kind of Suez canal
More countries will sign fta,s with us
Development In western China will increase economic activity their and in Pakistan which will benifit our business community

Hi Guys I Will In The Following Days Be Showing The True Potential of Gwadar Deep Seaport and How It Will Become True Game Changer.This Project Is Multidimensional and Even Then People Have Not Assessed The True Potential of CPEC and Gwadar Port.

This Is My First Thread Guys I Would Love Encouragment On Your Part
Great Effort!
What you will unveil in upcoming posts will answer many questions. Like why UAE is more inclined towards India, NOW.

THANK YOU BAJEEE I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:

Great Effort!
What you will unveil in upcoming posts will answer many questions. Like why UAE is more inclined towards India, NOW.

Sir The Potential For Transshipment Is There But Some Work Is Still Needed to Be Done.BoI and GPA alongwith Chinese Will Have to Formulate A Strategy to Attract Shippers and Logistic Companies.My Next Posts Will Concentrate on The Following
1.Port's Utility for The Domestic Economy
2.Re-Export/Entrepot Trade Hub
3.Use for Western China
4.Potential Oil and Gas Pipelines via CPEC Which Will Effectively Neutralize Strait of Hormuz and Strait of Mallacca Once and For All
5.Central Asian Transit and Possible Pipelines
6.Long Haul Transit to Eastern China
7.Break Bulk
8.Multi Modal/Inter Modal Transport
9.Refuelling Hub
10.Possible Multiplier Effect Once Gwadar Gets Up and Running

UAE Is A Business Oriented Country.It Is Like A Big Corporation With Sovereign Control on Some Land(We Should Learn from Them).They May Not Be Much Happy With Gwadar But They Can't Be Happy With Chabahar Either

now that is some great brand new info for me mate. was surprised to know how deep gawader really is compared to other ports :o:

Ports Don't Dredge All The Way From Day One.As Business Comes Port Authorities Use The Revenues To Expand The Capacity(Depth As Well As Number of Berths)

Once Phase 2 of Gwadar Port Expansion is Completed The Port Will Have Draft of 20 m.And This Is Initial Draft.Chinese Companies Are At The Forefront of Dredging Technologies Once More and More Business Comes to Gwadar,They Are Definitely Going to Deepen The Channel of Gwadar Further

UAE Is A Business Oriented Country.It Is Like A Big Corporation With Sovereign Control on Some Land(We Should Learn from Them).They May Not Be Much Happy With Gwadar But They Can't Be Happy With Chabahar Either
Chabahar may not be the only reason to get close to India. Hindrance or creating in the progress of CPEC can also be one of the reasons, who else better then India.

Chabahar may not be the only reason to get close to India. Hindrance or creating in the progress of CPEC can also be one of the reasons, who else better then India.

India Is Just As Close to Iran And Chabahar Is A Potential Challenger to Dubai As Well Surely UAE Would Not Welcome It

India Is Just As Close to Iran And Chabahar Is A Potential Challenger to Dubai As Well Surely UAE Would Not Welcome It

only in pathetic Pakistani mentality lies the thinking that everyone is out destroy CPEC..countries may have their objection...in the end..everyone will have to get along and make money....Gawadar does not offer an iota of benefits what Dubai does with its free zone...forget Gawadar ever becoming a competitor to Jebel Ali in global trade..Dubai will not lose its luster of free zone..Just having a free zone is one thing..Dubai offers an integrated trading package with free zone, maritime, transport, banking and finance..and most importantly connectivity to gulf markets...

Back
Top Bottom