What's new

Trial begins in India of gang-rape of Swiss cyclist

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I am not.

It is a stereotype that has been formed all over the world due to the inability of both countries to tackle the issue. Look up the word stereotype if you do not understand what I mean.

It may not be fair but when people think of Pakistan terrorism comes to mind and now rape comes to mind when India comes up.

Getting defensive won't help you.

First question is Why RAPE comes to your mind on the first place??? :lol:

Second, NO, it's stereotype made by you, i don't think International media is making the Hala that we are seeing here on PDF.

Third & MOST IMPORTANT, take any statistics, US has 6 times more rape crimes than India, while it's population is not even 1/3rd of India.

So, Stop Acting like a SAINT, its a PROBLEM, no doubt, but not in the serious proportions you are trying to show.

India won't allow beheading since they call it 7th century punishment!

Fully agreed, And even in 7th century it was selectively and conveniently applied. Rapes were common, taking women slaves was common, beheading men and then ''marrying'' their wives the same night was common. So obviously its not a solution.

There's a stereotype that muslims are terrorists. But that is just an offensive stereotype and not an argument you can parade on a forum.

Besides its Indian media that has made noise about the issue, its indian people who are protesting, indian lawmakers making laws, indian courts pulling up law enforcement. Don't know about less than average intelligent people, but a normal person can see and read statistics and is reasonable.

Again, why get defensive when someone is making a comment about a truly awful incident and what it says about the morals of men in India? It may not be all but certainly a substantial portion of men must think/behave this way otherwise this sort of incident could not happen.

Per/capita incidents of actual rape in India may not be any higher than what you see in the UK, but the attitude of Indian men is absolutely shocking. Personally I find it hard to believe that something like this can happen in public - this is something that will never happen in the UK.

I really feel sorry that women should have to live in a society like this.

First question is Why RAPE comes to your mind on the first place??? :lol:

Second, NO, it's stereotype made by you, i don't think International media is making the Hala that we are seeing here on PDF.

Third & MOST IMPORTANT, take any statistics, US has 6 times more rape crimes than India, while it's population is not even 1/3rd of India.

So, Stop Acting like a SAINT, its a PROBLEM, no doubt, but not in the serious proportions you are trying to show.

Please spare me the bullshit when countries are now issuing rape warnings against visiting India.

Again, why get defensive when someone is making a comment about a truly awful incident and what it says about the morals of men in India? It may not be all but certainly a substantial portion of men must think/behave this way otherwise this sort of incident could not happen.

Per/capita incidents of actual rape in India may not be any higher than what you see in the UK, but the attitude of Indian men is absolutely shocking. Personally I find it hard to believe that something like this can happen in public - this is something that will never happen in the UK.

I really feel sorry that women should have to live in a society like this.

You see mobs and mob violence in developing countries, like india and bangladesh, not in 1st world countries. Fully agreed.

Now going back to your stereotype, real english do not indulge in terrorism, but even UK resident bangladeshis resort to terrorism, in UK and in other countries. Now thats something that can not be explained easily.

Fully agreed, And even in 7th century it was selectively and conveniently applied. Rapes were common, taking women slaves was common, beheading men and then ''marrying'' their wives the same night was common. So obviously its not a solution.

Okay if beheading is not a solution thn do whatever which can teach them but publicly because this problem is increasing day by day specially in india.

No I am not.

It is a stereotype that has been formed all over the world due to the inability of both countries to tackle the issue. Look up the word stereotype if you do not understand what I mean.

It may not be fair but when people think of Pakistan terrorism comes to mind and now rape comes to mind when India comes up.

Getting defensive won't help you.
rape problem is there in both India and Pakistan at same level, only thing is in Pakistan victims often don't complain about it because if they fail to produce proof(read the notorious requirements ) they will be punished for fraud and false allegations.
the rape problem was there in Indian but recently because of media and public vigilance it got much attention, even though this increased attention and media reporting will harm the image of India in the world, it will do good in long run, infact it started doing good in the form of anti rape law, and more things will follow.

Okay if beheading is not a solution thn do whatever which can teach them but publicly because this problem is increasing day by day specially in india.

No its not, its reported more and more and gets publicity more and more as media and people are aware.

And THAT is part of the solution, awareness makes people careful, it makes law enforcers more watchful and under public scrutiny, it makes lawmakers make stricter laws, it makes judiciary expedite cases. THIS is the solution. There's statistically nothing that says the problem is increasing, we are just facing it.

People are just stupid or immature and hateful not to see that.

agreed @arp2041

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom