What's new

Tourists took over café!

A.Rahman

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Indians Invade Europe

The operators of a small roadside café in the mountains of Norway suddenly found themselves occupied by two busloads of tourists from India over the weekend.

It was a seemingly normal Sunday at the Jølstraholmen camping area in the county of Sogn og Fjordane. The adjacent Jølstringen Café already had a few guests when in walked a well-dressed man who spoke good English.

"He wondered if he and around 100 tourists could come in and eat," café boss Norodd Støfring told Aftenposten.no.

Støfring was happy at the prospect of such business, but knew immediately it would be difficult to accommodate so many people.

As it turned out, he didn't need to worry about serving them. Before he knew it, the tourists started streaming in, but not just with their wallets. They also had their own cooking utensils and food and literally took over Støfring's kitchen.
"I think they were warming up the food," he said. "They served rice and curry, and had their own disposable plates."

Støfring asked them to leave, but didn't get much understanding. "Their leader, who had spoken such good English, suddenly didn't understand what I said," Støfring said. "They were in the café about 20-25 minutes, before they went outside and continued to serve food from some of our outdoor tables."

The only thing they bought from Støfring was one cup of hot chocolate and some bananas.
"At first I thought the entire episode was incredibly audacious, but now I see the humour of it," he said. "Our other guests didn't want to leave. They thought it was the day's major entertainment."

I feel for this guy, has anyone tried calling Dell tech support lately?

A.Rahman said:
I feel for this guy, has anyone tried calling Dell tech support lately?

Rahman,

I feel your pain on that one!! I'm supposed to be from Bangalore - at least that's where my 80 year old Dad lives and where he built his house back in 1965. It was such a peaceful charming town. Full of bungalows, statues, large roundabouts with flowerbeds, I remember why they called it the garden city. When I visited in 1999, it was a zoo..! but I digress..

I'm in the IT business, and the quality of support is pathetic. The accent is understandable but squirly - You pretty much have to repeat your question, and then you get a goofy answer. I guess you get what you pay for!:lol:

Why do they always ask "Isz yoar compuatr turned on?":lol:

I mean we wil not buy computer if we dont know how to press the "ON" button!:rolleyes:

TexasJohn said:
I'm in the IT business, and the quality of support is pathetic. The accent is understandable but squirly - You pretty much have to repeat your question, and then you get a goofy answer. I guess you get what you pay for!:lol:
I know what you mean, I have to deal with a lot of callcentres in India every day, even for me the accent is really a challenge to understand. :lol:

A.Rahman said:
Why do they always ask "Isz yoar compuatr turned on?":lol:

I mean we wil not buy computer if we dont know how to press the "ON" button!:rolleyes:

Stop!
Your're hilarious...:lol: :lol:

Neo said:
I know what you mean, I have to deal with a lot of callcentres in India every day, even for me the accent is really a challenge to understand. :lol:

I found out that the best way to pre-empt those guys is to tell them upfront all the stuff you have already done. Y'know, ping, tracert, I reset my router, blah blah, cook up some stuff along the way.... I am using sniffer.. ( baffle them with BS) and then ask then to escalate. The call comes back to the US and now you can get your fix!!!:cool:

Officer of Engineers said:
I just speak French. They're forced to redirect to a local on-site support.

wow, thats the second best Idea so far! (considering I am not fluent in french)

Back
Top Bottom