What's new

Tourism in Bangladesh.

Whereas I know you're a freak for sure because I've seen your Facebook, family pictures and all, Iadjani.

Guys can we get off of these personal attacks??

Please stop pushing this 'suckage' toward the rest of us. When you have stooped to checking out each others' Facebook pages then you know it has crossed a certain obsessive limit...I mean really. :rolleyes:

বাবারা দয়া কইরা ক্ষান্তি দাও। :-)

Please stop pushing this 'suckage' toward the rest of us. When you have stooped to checking out each others' Facebook pages then you know it has crossed a certain obsessive limit...I mean really. :rolleyes:

I am not sure how old is this guy and the level of education he completed. He said he lived in the west but still bear jungle mentality. Sometimes people can never get rid of their dark root.

Whereas I know you're a freak for sure because I've seen your Facebook, family pictures and all, Iadjani.
So i was so important to you that you had to sneak in my facebook. Well, i never felt that compelled. LOL

I am not sure how old is this guy and the level of education he completed. He said he lived in the west but still bear jungle mentality. Sometimes people can never get rid of their dark root.

So i was so important to you that you had to sneak in my facebook. Well, i never felt that compelled. LOL

It was more a case of checking if the guy who is stupid enough to use his real name and picture in forums would be incredibly stupid enough to have his whole life on public display on Facebook. And there it was. Nothing was set on private. Only in Bangladesh...

It was more a case of checking if the guy who is stupid enough to use his real name and picture in forums would be incredibly stupid enough to have his whole life on public display on Facebook. And there it was. Nothing was set on private. Only in Bangladesh...

I have a public profile and its open for everybody to see. It's my personal preference.

The LGBT laws in Myanmar are quite strict, the guy said somewhere he has immigrated to the UK, must be an asylum seeker.

Last edited:
You crapped your pants after Gulshan though, eh, Topcat? :lol:

Atleast he didn't crap his diapers,oldie...Isn't it much of a chore for your great grand daughters to change your diapers every hour?

The LGBT laws in Myanmar are quite restrict, the guy said somewhere he has immigrated to the UK, must be an asylum seeker.

Even Thei Sein bla bla kicked him out,besides,you can't find internet in MM at night..

12:00 AM, September 25, 2016 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:05 AM, September 25, 2016
Parjatan Corporation takes campaigns to boost tourism
Govt declares 2016 as a 'visit Bangladesh year'

coxs_bazar_beach.jpg

A view of Cox's Bazar beach, a popular tourist destination. Photo: Star/file
Md Ziaul Haque Howlader

The volume of global footfall is increasing every year. But the share of this volume varies much from country to country. It depends on how a country can cash in on its own attractions in the competitive market. Tourist recipient countries usually undertake various campaign programmes. They offer new products and services, open new destinations, declare “visit country” years and so on.

Bangladesh also puts in efforts to attract foreign tourists in higher numbers. The present government is paying much importance to tourism. As part of various initiatives for the development of the tourism industry, the prime minister declared 2016 as a Visit Bangladesh Year or we can call it the tourism year.

The Visit Bangladesh Year will be observed throughout the next three years, until 2018. The main objectives of this declaration are to brighten the image of Bangladesh abroad, and attract foreign tourists and foreign investment. The target is to attract at least one million tourists to Bangladesh in 2016.

To achieve the target, Bangladesh Parjatan Corporation has taken various programmes. The corporation has prepared a yearlong calendar, which is full of events to be observed almost every week.

A logo with a tagline has already been unveiled to mark the year. The logo represents the two icons of Bangladesh -- the smiling and ferocious face of the Royal Bengal Tiger and the beautiful Jamdani sari. The tagline reads 'Life Happens Here'.

Tourists find the happiest and most hospitable people in the world when they visit the country. People offer hospitality to tourists with smiling faces irrespective of creed, caste, race and sex. People of this country are resilient. They smile even under stress and despite natural disasters.

Bangladesh is also rich in culture, traditions and heritage, where foreign tourists find their souls. It is widely known that Bangladesh is a country of diverse attractions and bountiful nature. History reveals that Bangladesh has been the cradle of civilisation, a centre of cultural diffusion.

The cultural history of Bangladesh is one of its greatest heritages, which every Bangladeshi is proud of. Each phase of the history of Bangladesh has its distinct characteristics and every race of people who came and settled here left their individual racial, religious or cultural impacts in the form of temples, stupas, monasteries, mosques and spirituality.

Bangladesh is a multi-faceted cultural collage. Its deep-rooted heritage is amply reflected in its architecture, literature, dance, drama, music and paintings. Influenced by religions -- Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism and Christianity --Bangladesh has been a melting pot of diverse races and confluence of civilisations.

Sculpture, tapestry, engravings are developing along the main stream contemporary art and drama, which have distinct features of intangible heritage in Bangladesh.

Fairs and festivals, both religious and social, always play a significant role in the lives of the people of Bangladesh that attract many tourists here from far and wide.

Bangladesh Parjatan Corporation has already observed many programmes, like raising awareness among the locals about tourism and hygienic food preparation, marketing, surfing programmes in Cox's Bazar, food festivals, kite festivals, cultural programmes, and folk music soiree. It has also organised seminars, introduced privilege cards, discounted offers at hotels and motels, and participated in different fairs at home and abroad.

Bangladesh Parjatan Corporation will host as many as 200 events throughout the next three years as part of the Visit Bangladesh Campaign.

The government has also taken initiatives to engage the youth in tourism. Bangladesh Parjatan Corporation and Parjatan Bichitra (a travel magazine) have already organised a three-day youth festival in Dhaka. Thousands of people thronged the fair and demonstrated different types of adventure tourism gears.

Parjatan Bichitra also organised Asian Tourism Fair, which was participated by Bangladesh Parjatan Corporation and the civil aviation and tourism ministry.

Bangladesh Parjatan Corporation has produced a romantic travel movie named 'Life in Rainbow', which represents the beautiful, adventurous tourist attractions that are visited by a foreign couple.

On the other hand, Bangladesh Tourism Board is carrying out promotions and publicity abroad.

The objective of the Visit Bangladesh Campaign is not only to enhance foreign tourist numbers but also increase the tally of domestic tourists. We expect that new jobs will be created and new tourism ventures will pop up. The involvement of women will increase manifold.

The Bangladesh missions abroad will also undertake different programmes to observe Bangladesh Tourism Year. Thus, Bangladesh will definitely be able to attract more tourists.

If foreign tourists visit during the ongoing campaign, they will be benefitted. So, we heartily welcome all the foreign tourists to visit Bangladesh and find their souls here.

The writer is the head of PR, Bangladesh Parjatan Corporation.

Target should be set to earn 1 billion dollar from tourism by 2020.

Bangladesh to host PATA New Tourism Frontiers Forum 2016

The Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) will stage a three-day long event called PATA New Tourism Frontiers Forum (NTFF) 2016 in Cox’s Bazar from November 23-25.
The event is being hosted by the Bangladesh Tourism Board (BTB) under the supervision of the Ministry of Civil Aviation and Tourism.

The recent terrorist attack forced many organizations to cancel their conferences in Bangladesh including many tourists cancelling their trips after the Holy Artisan Cafe attack where 22 people, mostly foreigners, were brutally killed by the extremists.

Akhtaruz Zaman Khan Kabir, CEO, BTB said that he hopes the tourism industry will bounce back from the deadly terrorist attack after the PATA NTFF 2016.

It will definitely promote tourism in the country especially in Cox’s Bazar, he told the Dhaka Tribune in a recent interview.

A total 200 foreigners from different countries will visit Bangladesh to attend the PATA NTFF 2016 this year in addition, a total of 100 local participants will also attend the conference.

“We commend Bangladesh for hosting such an important event, particularly as the country celebrates the ‘Visit Bangladesh 2016’ Year, and trust that this will be a relevant step forward in building a stronger image of Bangladesh as a tourist destination,” said Akhtaruz Zaman.

PATA is honoured to confirm that Xu Jing, Regional Director of Asia and the Pacific at the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) will be opening the conference.

In attendance will be British Social Entrepreneur, Yasmin Choudhury, Founder and Managing Director of E-Tourism Frontiers, Damian Cook, Rob Holmes, founder and chief strategist GLP Films, Sarah Mathews, head of destination marketing, APAC, TripAdvisor; Tania Miorin, country representative, Myanmar for Istituto Oikos and Maeve Nightingale, Mangroves for the Future Programme Manager, IUCN, as speakers.

Akhtaruz Zaman said: “Bangladesh offers ample opportunities for cruising, hiking, trailing, rowing, wild life obseravations, bird watching and exciting cultural festivals.”

A three member PATA official team has already inspected the conference venue and it’s security ahead of the program.

The team was satisfied with the over the security arrangement.

Last year PATA NTFF 2015 was held in Philippines.

Founded in 1951, PATA is a non-profit association that is internationally acclaimed for acting as a catalyst for the responsible development of travel and tourism to and from within the Asia Pacific region.

http://www.dhakatribune.com/banglad...h-host-pata-new-tourism-frontiers-forum-2016/

Myanmar is not a popular tourist destination though and I don't think it will ever be! Most of the tourists in Myanmar are from neighboring Thailand.
nope.. visitors from Thailand is just over 500,000..so just over 10% of 5M total visitors.. not a big sum up... :D

Your tourists are mostly Thais, not all but almost all
are u serious...!!!? LOL.. i dont see any thais in town.. instead , many Koreans ,Japanese or Westerners... :D

Last edited:
nope.. visitors from Thailand is just over 500,000..so just over 10% of 5M total visitors.. not a big sum up... :D

are u serious...!!!? LOL.. i dont see any thais in town.. instead , many Koreans ,Japanese or Westerners... :D

500,000 are only the ones who travel by air. Most of your tourists hail from neighboring Thailand and China, travelling by road.

Which town do you live? And how do you differentiate among Thais, Japanese and Koreans?

500,000 are only the ones who travel by air. Most of your tourists hail from neighboring Thailand and China, travelling by road.
nope.. 500,000 is in total ... most Thai ( around 360 ,000 ) come via border gate.. :D coz Main attractions for Thais are Pagodas of Mon State .. eg.. Golden Rock ( Kyite Htee Yoo Pagodas ) and world biggest Buddha statues in Mon State which bordering Thailand... almost all Thais went there.. even Princess of Thailand.. they have strongly believe in Pagodas in Mon State..

Which town do you live? And how do you differentiate among Thais, Japanese and
lol.. have u ever seen Thais , Japanese and Koreans in outside world...? :D that's easy.. :D

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom