What's new

Top Turkish Scholar calls for Pan Muslim action against ISIL.

Scholars these days are meaningless and useless. They are only useful for the Shia population which have a concept for a supreme leader.

Scholars these days are meaningless and useless. They are only useful for the Shia population which have a concept for a supreme leader.

Wise men have said that its better to read into the subject before commenting as it saves embarrassment. The above scholar is a 'sunni' and the President of the Turkish Ministry of religious affairs. He is the biggest authority in Turkey as far as religion goes.

One should have the ability to look beyond sectarian bigotry in order to look at a situation objectively. If these ISIL bastards had a shred of honor, they'd be fighting the Israelis first.

Abdullah ibn Amr reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, say, “Verily, Allah does not take away knowledge by snatching it from the people but rather He takes away knowledge when the scholars die, such that He leaves no scholar behind and the people turn to the ignorant as their leaders. They are asked to give religious judgments without knowledge, thus they are led astray and lead others astray.”

Source: Sahih Bukhari 100, Sahih Muslim 2673

The point is that scholars have a place in islam and their knowledge is very important to us. Without scholars everyone will be confused and act like they know everything because they read a couple of things on the internet here and there.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make. Major scholars today are bought by the state. The state is corrupt morally. People can't look up to them. So everybody becomes their own scholar formed of small communities.

Which is we have many people in the Middle East taking unilateral actions, the scholars don't represent us. Let alone our populations who don't follow Islam anymore. We have an abundance of information and ability to seek knowledge but we don't.

Islam has a real impact, you will know something is right when you see a real impact on the ground. Today, this isn't the case since people are confusing integrating into modern lifestyle while retaining their religious lifestyle. So we have people who go liberal, and then people who are just talk.

Also im not saying that Dr. Gormez is the perfect scholar or anything.

Last edited:
Wise men have said that its better to read into the subject before commenting as it saves embarrassment. The above scholar is a 'sunni' and the President of the Turkish Ministry of religious affairs. He is the biggest authority in Turkey as far as religion goes.

One should have the ability to look beyond sectarian bigotry in order to look at a situation objectively. If these ISIL bastards had a shred of honor, they'd be fighting the Israelis first.

Dude, this has nothing to do with sectarianism. This is about the lack of energy amongst our community. I don't care what scholar you cite me, they don't have an effect on the ground unless the people move with them.

I don't care about the ISIL in this. I care about about our state in the modern world.

And at the same time, we have people complaining if we make a call to fight Israel. When Israel is in a state of war with the Palestinians we have Muslims rushing to condemn the Palestinians. Muslims who just read about general basics of the religion, that don't even pray let alone read the holy book.

Abdullah ibn Amr reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, say, “Verily, Allah does not take away knowledge by snatching it from the people but rather He takes away knowledge when the scholars die, such that He leaves no scholar behind and the people turn to the ignorant as their leaders. They are asked to give religious judgments without knowledge, thus they are led astray and lead others astray.”

Source: Sahih Bukhari 100, Sahih Muslim 2673

Wolves will give readings in the End Times. Let those who come to see those times seek shelter from their evil in Allah. They will be very corrupt people. Hypocrisy will prevail, and nobody will be ashamed of it and its manifestations.

(Tirmidhi, Nawadir al-'usul)

Allah's Messenger (saas) said, “In the End Times men will come forth who will fraudulently use religion for worldly ends and wear sheepskins in public to display meekness. Their tongues will be sweeter than sugar, but their hearts will be the hearts of wolves.”

(Tirmidhi)

Also im not saying that Dr. Gormez guy is the perfect scholar or anything.

I don't have anything against this scholar Kenan. I'm about the larger picture. If you look in the Arab world, Saudi scholars are appointed by the state. In Egypt they are bought out by the military. And so on...

Wolves will give readings in the End Times. Let those who come to see those times seek shelter from their evil in Allah. They will be very corrupt people. Hypocrisy will prevail, and nobody will be ashamed of it and its manifestations.
(Tirmidhi, Nawadir al-'usul)
Allah's Messenger (saas) said, “In the End Times men will come forth who will fraudulently use religion for worldly ends and wear sheepskins in public to display meekness. Their tongues will be sweeter than sugar, but their hearts will be the hearts of wolves.”
(Tirmidhi)
Yup but that doesn't mean all scholars.

But I see your point with the government thing. So we agree that real scholars who practice islam to the fullest and have a deep understanding of it are important?

:rofl:

Thanks for sharing. Looks like the Turkish government is going on the offensive in the religion arena.

Yup but that doesn't mean all scholars.

But I see your point with the government thing. So we agree that real scholars who practice islam to the fullest and have a deep understanding of it are important?

Yes we do, they're rare nowadays though.

I knew you would laugh at that. :lol:

as far as I knew , Wahhabi and Salafi even don'tconsider sunnis as muslims , but now they just cover behind them and attacking shiia .... when they finished shiia ( in their dreams !!! ) they will takfir sunnis as well ...

Religion is the opiate of the people. And without wisdom, it isnt even a real religion. Only a tool for murderers and thieves to indoctrinate impressionable youth. This salafist wahabist bigotry of anything diffrent to them will be the end of Islam. Too bad for the true believers.

Back
Top Bottom