What's new

Top Pakistani Scholars declare Transgender marriages 'legal' in Islam.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
  • Fifty top Pakistani clerics have issued a religious decree declaring that transgender people have full marriage, inheritance and funeral rights under Islamic law.

• The fatwa stated that a female-born transgender person having "visible signs of being a male" may marry a woman or a male-born transgender with "visible signs of being a female”, and vice versa.

• The new fatwa also declared that any act intended to "humiliate, insult or tease" the community was “haraam” (sinful), and that transgender persons should not be deprived of family inheritances, nor the right to be buried in Muslim ceremonies.

• Parents who deprived their transgender sons or daughters of inheritances were "inviting the wrath of God”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...declare-transgender-marriages-legal-in-islam/

It was covered by national media on tv etc.

not single Pakistani news agency or television reported this...how comes telegraph UK aware of this...may like PDF online sleuth mullahs declare or issue the fatwa or may be gay and lesbian himself issue this decree.
We should be careful before posting such news.

"Muhammad Zia Ul Haq Naqshbandi, the Lahore-based head of the Tanzeem Ittehad-i-Ummat religious law organisation that issued the fatwa, said parents who deprived their transgender sons or daughters of inheritances were "inviting the wrath of God”.

Tanzeem Ittehad-i-Ummat is not a political organisation, and its fatwas are not legally binding. But the group wields influence thanks to its tens of thousands of followers across Pakistan."

Top Pakistani scholar, my foot...never heard his name before and name of his organisation and where is the list of other 49 sell offs? And only reported by Telegraphs means it want to initiate a new controversies in the country.

Last edited:
good decision....

islam is very tolerant religion....

unfortunately we have a psychotic mullah brigade and even more psychotic pseudo libral brigade which are always painting wrong pictures

Another good news know Pakistan defense forum officially support Israel Add on my left screen
pdf.jpg

Google adds !

The fatwa stated that a female-born transgender person having "visible signs of being a male" may marry a woman or a male-born transgender with "visible signs of being a female”, and vice versa.

That's a bit confusing but if it is stating that a transgendered male, (biological male who believes they are innately female.), can marry another male then I'm hard pressed to understand why there could be opposition to a gay male couple getting married in their religious interpretation.

I'm not being critical of what these religious leaders have decided, at all. I'm just trying to understand the logic of it. A transgendered male, even if he has sexual reassignment surgery, is still biologically a male. Said surgery does not change them into a woman. They cannot produce children. It only transforms the physical appearance through hormones and surgery, to look close to being a female but they are still male. It is still two males getting married. Just wondering...

Transgender people suffer from biological issues, they should be given equal rights as other citizens. It is not their fault nor they decided to be the way they are as a conscious decision. This fatwa allows "heterosexual marriages" among the transgenders. In Pakistan, there exists abhorrent level of discrimination against transgenders, it must end and Muslims must take the charge. That said, other sections of the "rainbow" community don't have these privileges, they decide what they do as a matter of lifestyle which can't be pardoned.

You see ads as per your google search history.

Another good news know Pakistan defense forum officially support Israel Add on my left screen
pdf.jpg

They have basically allowed heterosexual marriages between transgenders. Above everything, its the recognition that matters.

That's a bit confusing but if it is stating that a transgendered male, (biological male who believes they are innately female.), can marry another male then I'm hard pressed to understand why there could be opposition to a gay male couple getting married in their religious interpretation.

I'm not being critical of what these religious leaders have decided, at all. I'm just trying to understand the logic of it. A transgendered male, even if he has sexual reassignment surgery, is still biologically a male. Said surgery does not change them into a woman. They cannot produce children. It only transforms the physical appearance through hormones and surgery, to look close to being a female but they are still male. It is still two males getting married. Just wondering...

good decision....

unfortunately we have a psychotic mullah brigade and even more psychotic pseudo libral brigade which are always painting wrong pictures

good decision....

Let's say trans gender doesn't mean gay or lesbian !

Means ex-man & ex-woman !

Ex-man is fine ... They lose their penises &...

But ex-woman cant raise a penis for Justin bieber's sake !

Somebody help :unsure:

Transgender people suffer from biological issues, they should be given equal rights as other citizens. It is not their fault nor they decided to be the way they are as a conscious decision. This fatwa allows "heterosexual marriages" among the transgenders. In Pakistan, there exists abhorrent level of discrimination against transgenders, it must end and Muslims must take the charge. That said, other sections of the "rainbow" community don't have these privileges, they decide what they do as a matter of lifestyle which can't be pardoned.

You see ads as per your google search history.
As far as giving them rights is concerned, I agree with you but as far as this fatwa is concerned it seems to be a total crap by some shadowy attention seeker self-appointed mufti and a shadowy organisation.
One solution is that the transgender are converted to one of the genders as per an expert doctor's advice through operation and state should bear the expenses.
Then they can marry to any member of the opposite gender like normal people. Gender change is now possible and has been around since a long time.
No one should be allowed to hurt them or make fun of them. I hate when people in Pakistan make fun of them.

Last edited:
That is basically what the decree says.

As far as giving them rights is concerned, I agree with you but as far as this fatwa is concerned it seems to be a total crap by some shadowy attention seeker self-appointed mufti and a shadowy organisation.
One solution is that the transgender are converted to one of the genders as per an expert doctor's advice through operation and state should bear the expenses.
Then they can marry the opposite to any member of the opposite gender like normal people. Gender change is now possible and has been around since a long time.
No one should be allowed to hurt them or make fun of them. I hate when people in Pakistan make fun of them.

That is basically what the decree says.
No sir, I read twice through the details provided by the link i.e Tekegraph, I did not find mention of medical surgery and conversion to one of the genders rather the fatwa/decree talks only about the visible signs. Correct me if I'm wong.

Regards,
W&P

Last edited:
They have basically allowed heterosexual marriages between transgenders. Above everything, its the recognition that matters.

Means ex-man & ex-woman !

But that is my point. They are not an "ex-man" just because they have sexual reassignment surgery. They do not gain female genitalia. They only have the illusion of a woman's appearance through surgery and hormone treatments but they are still, biologically male. Any sexual act they have with their male spouse is still male-male sex.

I'm not being argumentative nor do I disagree with the idea of civil rights for transgendered people. I'm just trying to understand the religious reasoning for it. And as to how people innately feel. While there is certainly a percentage of bisexual people and among males especially, there are are heterosexual males who will commit homosexual acts, gay people, just as transgendered people, generally know that their orientation is not a choice but an innate and immutable trait. If it is not, then one can ask the obvious reverse question of heterosexuals; when did they decide to become.....straight? Heterosexuals know they have been "straight" from their earliest attraction to girls just as homosexuals have always been oriented sexually to their same gender, even if it took time to come to grips with it.

• Fifty top Pakistani clerics have issued a religious decree declaring that transgender people have full marriage, inheritance and funeral rights under Islamic law.

• The fatwa stated that a female-born transgender person having "visible signs of being a male" may marry a woman or a male-born transgender with "visible signs of being a female”, and vice versa.

• The new fatwa also declared that any act intended to "humiliate, insult or tease" the community was “haraam” (sinful), and that transgender persons should not be deprived of family inheritances, nor the right to be buried in Muslim ceremonies.

• Parents who deprived their transgender sons or daughters of inheritances were "inviting the wrath of God”.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...declare-transgender-marriages-legal-in-islam/
Very good move. Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom