What's new

Top Gun: Maverick | NEW Official Trailer

Some pretty cool in-depth stuff on the making of the movie.

It is a shame that they chose to use quite a lot of CGI - and some of the sequences are not realistic - made up using CGI or video editing.

That is one good thing about the original Top Gun - vast majority of it was real - with only the shootdowns them done on the cutting room floor.

Anyhow - will be good to see it - though i dont see it lasting as long as the original top gun which is a classic and then some.

It is a shame that they chose to use quite a lot of CGI - and some of the sequences are not realistic - made up using CGI or video editing.

That is one good thing about the original Top Gun - vast majority of it was real - with only the shootdowns them done on the cutting room floor.

Anyhow - will be good to see it - though i dont see it lasting as long as the original top gun which is a classic and then some.

I think it would be tough for them to get their hands on an Su-57 from Russia to film that one scene, so they have to use CGIs but I know what you mean. The original is without a doubt a classic. All the chases with the A4 skyhawks were fantastic.

Although they seem to have gone through a lot of training to fly in those scenes. They even went from a 2-seat prop trainer to the L-39E and then to the Super Hornet.

Aside from Star Wars' The Empire Strikes Back and The Return of the Jedi, sequels never meet up or come close to original classics. Jaws is a perfect example of that. The first one was the best ever, after that they stunk up the house lol.

Last edited:

Take a look at this review from a former USAF/USN F16/F18 pilot. Points out the scenes that make no sense.

Agree on the Su-57 - but that is not where the sins lie.

Gambit would know, but would Navy pilots test USAF planes? Got a feeling that Maverick won't be testing a darkstar but stealing one.

And the shot with the su-57 in the background surely can't be from an f-14 which are twin seaters (unless we're somehow seeing from the back of the pilots seat). The angle of the wing is wrong where it meets the fuselage, an f-14 in swept back mode has a straight line from the wing tip through to the wing glove/fuselage. But I could be wrong.
Yes US Navy and Marine Corps test pilots get attached to Edwards AFB and even go through USAFTPS on exchange. Even the Canadians, Danes, Singaporeans, Belgians, Australians (and probably more) test USAF aircraft at Edwards.

Last edited:
Take a look at this review from a former USAF/USN F16/F18 pilot. Points out the scenes that make no sense.

Yeah Lemoine's stuff is pretty decent. I thought that one part was great and a good catch where he points out the jet turning hard and banking next to the mountain would produce positive Gs on the pilot and he wouldn't be coming out of his seat like that.

He's one of the few ex-fighter pilots who makes these pretty cool and informative YT videos. The other one I enjoy is the fella -- originally from Malaysia I think, or some Asian country -- but is actually a French citizen and flies or flew the Rafale for L'Armee de L'Air and is since retired. I think he gets online and plays video games with fans across the world and most of the time beats them! He does some pretty neat stuff also but not as good as Lemoine.

You live in the USofA or on the Dark side of the Moon, man?
well I was busy lately so I am not in touch with which movie is released and which is not. Maaf ker den sarkar galti ho gae, ayenda se har movie pe nazar rakhun ga :)

You won’t believe the training each actor had to go through. Go behind the scenes now and see the action come to life in #TopGun: Maverick - Only in theatres May 27.

Ever wondered what it’s like to fly in a fighter jet? It’s like being strapped on to a DRAGON. #TopGun

Back
Top Bottom