What's new

Top Gun: Maverick | NEW Official Trailer

"I have to admit I wasn't expecting an invitation back".
"They're called orders, Maverick"

Tom Cruise ruined his image with his mental instability. That in turn ruined this for me.
That's a bit harsh mate :cheesy:

BTW, only the eagle-eyed would have spotted this...

topgun.JPG

View attachment 828517
Just saw that, have they dropped the Iranians (F-14) and gone with recasting the Russkies (with the Su-57) as the baddies. It ties in nicely with the whole Ukraine war anti-Russian sentiment nowadays.

Is this movie ever going to be released?

First they say 2020, then 2021 then 2022.....

View attachment 828517
On another note, the P-51 mustang that was shown in this trailer were actually Tom Cruise's Mustang according to the film people I know. Cruise actually flow it to the filming of Top Gun.

Last edited:
From the way the trailer is edited and speculation about the plot, I think he's in what's supposed to be an SR-72 not a F-14.

Edit: Apparently Matchbox have released images of the official toy of the fictional movie version of the SR-72. It's called Darkstar in the film and is hypersonic.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/darkstar-is-top-guns-maverick-flying-an-sr-72/
From what I remember, that the SR-72 was suppose to be a testing probably at the beginning of the movie. The F-14 which as you saw and does look like the F-14 and remember in first trailer at the end there was an F-14 being shown. So they are bringing it back for nostalgic reason.

Just saw that, have they dropped the Iranians (F-14) and gone with recasting the Russkies (with the Su-57) as the baddies. It ties in nicely with the whole Ukraine war anti-Russian sentiment nowadays.
Yeah but the problem is that the F-14 which only the Iranians have is going up against the Russians which doesn't make sense unless its stolen and flying towards Russia or near them. I don't know. Probably changed the plot and decide to make some changes.

Back
Top Bottom