What's new

Top Gun: Maverick delayed to 2022 due to Delta variant

truthfollower

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The release of Top Gun: Maverick has been delayed to 2022 due to the Delta variant.

Paramount has pushed back the movie along with Mission: Impossible 7, Variety reported on Wednesday.

Tom Cruise plays the lead role in both films.

Top Gun: Maverick, a follow-up on the 1986 classic, was scheduled to come out on 19 November 2021; it will instead be released on 27 May 2022.

Mission: Impossible 7, meanwhile, was planned for release on 27 May 2022 and has now been delayed to 30 September 2022.

Jackass Forever, another Paramount property, has been delayed from 22 October 2021 to 4 February 2022.

The announcement comes amid concerns over Delta, a highly contagious variant of Covid-19.

Other highly anticipated releases remain on the schedule for 2021. No Time To Die, expected to be the final James Bond film starring Daniel Craig, is still expected to come out on 30 September 2021 in the UK and 8 October 2021 in the US.

Eternals is planned for release at Marvel on 5 November 2021 in the US and in the UK, and the studio’s Spider-Man: No Way Home should come out on 17 December 2021.

Boooo - just because some red-neck hill-billy vaccine deniers cant be bothered to get the shot - i miss out on something i have been waiting to watch for years...

BBBOOO !!!!

Last edited:
This film was supposed to premiere on HBO max. A little disappointing it’s been delayed, but then again, the “Halloween Kills” flick was also delayed, much to my disappointment.

Boooo - just because some red-neck hill-billy vaccine deniers cant be bothered to get the shot - i miss out on something i have been waiting to watch for years...

BBBOOO !!!!
Don't keep high expectations my friend, reading the first 13 minutes of the movie it seems like a cheesy sci fi flick. Hopefully we see some Jets and Rock and Roll like the original.

Well, if we have to life with covid, then I suspect topgun will be delayed to long after tom cruise died because of old age

Well, if we have to life with covid, then I suspect topgun will be delayed to long after tom cruise died because of old age

Don’t worry, Jason Voorhees will return to slaughter young people in the woods off of Crystal Lake.

This film was supposed to premiere on HBO max. A little disappointing it’s been delayed, but then again, the “Halloween Kills” flick was also delayed, much to my disappointment.

You can order Indonesian version of Top Gun while waiting Maverick movie to be released......:D

Don't keep high expectations my friend, reading the first 13 minutes of the movie it seems like a cheesy sci fi flick. Hopefully we see some Jets and Rock and Roll like the original.

I heard that too - apparently its being re-edited following feedback - also looks like the Top Gun DVD was stolen from Birmingham, UK - so we might end up seeing a bootleg copy first .....

Indian virus has entered Tom Cruise's cockpit.

Back
Top Bottom