What's new

Top Countries By Science And Technology?

XTREME

Reaction score
Assalam-O-Alaikum/Hi!

Which are the World's Top Most developed countries according to Science and Technology?

The US, Japan, Europe, it's all predictable answer, and the russians also have a place.

The country which uses most amount of technology for anything and everything - as a general population -

1. Japan
2. South Korea
There would be day light in between

3. Taiwan
4. USA

5. Probably some country in western Europe

I am talking of the general population and their gadgets - not military technology or govt. use where I guess the US would be #1

In terms of research papers produced... Ireland would be pretty high on the list, considering it's population... I feel like we're being harvested for research papers in College!

In terms of research papers produced... Ireland would be pretty high on the list, considering it's population... I feel like we're being harvested for research papers in College!

Ireland just publishes 4000 as per science metrix

hmmm........ not that impressive though better than India.

I guess. And according to your source the no. of papers have started to drop since 2009. We can assume it's lower than 4000 now considering the economic situation.

I am always suspicious about comparing the number of research papers because there is so much variation in the quality and content. Few people would argue that papers about the mating habits of tree frogs are comparable to those about relativity or quantum physics.

Even patents are misleading. The US patent office has become a joke for the types of patents they grant.

Having said that, there is no doubt that the US leads the world by a large margin in basic research and technological breakthroughs. After that, it becomes complicated and the rankings are all up for grabs.

Back
Top Bottom