What's new

Top 10 Countries with Most Universities 2012

Lenin

Reaction score
Top 10 Countries with Most Universities in 2012
The modern era has not left anyone unawareof the term university. With the advancement of science and technology, university education is more in demand. The impact of globalization has made people realize the importance of basic as well as higher education. From developed to developing counties, there won’t be any nation in the world who does not have universities. Education becoming one of the basic needs of the population, now a days many private and government universities are booming up. A quick look into the world’s top ten countries with the maximum universities will make it easier to understand the increasein the number of universities globally.
List of Top 10 Countries with Most Universities
1. India – 8407
2. United States – 5758
3. Argentina – 1705
4. Spain – 1415
5. Mexico – 1341
6. Bangladesh – 1268
7. Indonesia – 1236
8. Japan – 1223
9. France – 1062
10. China – 1054
Leading Countries with Most Universities
1.India
Since India is still a developing nation, educating the mass is very essential and afterthe 1991 reform it has taken a different turn. Privatization and globalization has paved the path for better and higher education. With the roll of time many universities are openingup and today it has 8,407 private and government universities to its credit.
2. United States
Second in the list is United States. Since a verylong time education has been a vital part of its people. As the most advanced nation on earth, in recent times US has as many as 5,758 universities. The public sector mainly looks after its education system.
3. Argentina
Despite many disturbances Argentina has done a relatively good job in the education sector. In recent times it has built 1,705 educational centers becoming the third top country with most university.
4. Spain
With a huge history of colleges and universities, Spain has always done well in imparting knowledge. With many options opened to the students world wide it has 1,415 educational bodies.
5. Mexico
With a faster growth in economy, Mexico has witness a growth in the number of academic institutions in the recent years. The Mexican educational system has raised to the height of international standards with 1,341 universities opened for students from all spheres.
6. Bangladesh
Ever since the Higher Education Quality Enhancement Project has been introduced in Bangladesh, the quality of education has improved to a large extent. Till date 1,268 universities have been established and few more are to seen in the near future.
7. Indonesia
With the growth in population there has been an increasing demand in education. To fulfill this thirst for knowledge the government has provided the nation with 1,236 universities and planned for few more for a better future.
8. Japan
Due to the use of modern teaching techniques the quality of Japanese education has gone up. Students from any part of the world have the freedom to be a part of their 1,223 institutes and have a taste of their modern educational system.
9. France
The competitive age has not left France from providing better education to their citizens. Since the age of Napoleon there has been a development in the France education system and today it is the home for 1,062 educational centers.
10.China
The world’s most populous state has also earned a name to be one amidst the countries with maximum universities. China is known to have 1,054 scholastic centres, both for the national and international students.Top 10 Countries with Most Universities 2012 | Top 10 Of City

Countries with Most Universities

Top 10 Countries With Most Universities

We produce world's largest pool of doctors and engineers every year from this 8000+ universities.

Having more universities is not equivalent to having more educational institutions or having infrastructure to provide education to more students.

For eg. My university has only about 800 students.

We produce world's largest pool of doctors and engineers every year from this 8000+ universities.
8000 universities +The numerous colleges affiliated to the states .

Btw the only nation that comes close to us is the Us but we will only grow with time .
Well done India :tup:

It's not the quantity, but the quality that counts. Our univs, needless to say, suck big time! We're not even in the first 200 univs in the world! :undecided:
yes we have invested a good amount of money in education but now we must concentrate on quality............ the above article shows how much importance education is given in india........... members who were like "india should spend more on education than mmrca" got a slap in their face ,i bet they wont comment here.........

It's not the quantity, but the quality that counts. Our univs, needless to say, suck big time! We're not even in the first 200 univs in the world where quality education is concerned! :undecided:

we need to lift the standard of our universities...

Having more universities is not equivalent to having more educational institutions or having infrastructure to provide education to more students.

For eg. My university has only about 800 students.
Hey dude do u study in Integral or bbd or ramswaroop ??

Hey dude do u study in Integral or bbd or ramswaroop ??

Lucknow me ek Law university bhi hai :P

8400?? Amazing, every has more than 10 000 students??? 84million students?? or most of them are micro-university
In China university has 15,000--64,000 student

I dont know who published this 8400 universities data...As far as my knowledge is concerned, there are only close to 600-700 universities in India.

What surprised me is Bangladesh!!!

We have a huge population, shouldnt be surprising if we also have a huge number of universities.

Our universities are only meant to produce doctors, engineers, etc to help with our country's aggregate supply. However we are very weak in our post graguate programs, also our universities lack R&D departments and essential infrastructure. We have quantity but lack quality.

Quality wise, we can only develop our university when our country becomes a middle income earning country.

I dont know who published this 8400 universities data...As far as my knowledge is concerned, there are only close to 600-700 universities in India.

May be they are counting the private universities also like Amity, Lovely etc.

We have a huge population, shouldnt be surprising if we also have a huge number of universities.

Our universities are only meant to produce doctors, engineers, etc to help with our country's aggregate supply. However we are very weak in our post graguate programs, also our universities lack R&D departments and essential infrastructure. We have quantity but lack quality.

Quality wise, we can only develop our university when our country becomes a middle income earning country.

So no stress on producing graduates in arts, pure science & commerce.

Is this a list of colleges or universities because in BD there are around 60 odd recognized private Unis along with 30 or 40 public ones , not more than that. So total number in BD's case can not be more than 100. I guess the site made a mistake and took account of colleges as well.

Back
Top Bottom