What's new

Today 5th Day Of Dialogue With Christians

Indian Panga

New Recruit

Reaction score
Rome, Oct. 20 - There could be no better occasion than the end of Ramadan to speak about dialogue between Islam and Christianity. This is the spirit in which today, at Rome's Grand mosque, the fifth day of dialogue was celebrated. The first ever event of its kind in Rome was held five years ago, little more than a month after September 11, 2001. "A clash of civilizations is spoken of too often and not enough of the results of days like today," were the opening remarks of the secretary general of the Italian Islamic Cultural Centre, Abdellah Redouane. He was seconded by the minister for social solidarity, Paolo Ferrero, who noted that "in a moment like the one at hand, in which the idea of God is used to divide, initiatives such as the one we're here for today work towards uniting and speaking in the name of God." After the visit top the mosque, a round table was participated in by monsignor Piero Coda, professor of the Lateranense University and president of the Italian theological Association, Professor Paolo Naso, director of Confronti; Franca Cohen, member of the Council of Religions and the new imam of the Rome mosque. Dialogue was the word heard repeatedly throughout the entire event and, as all the participants reiterated, it must be the pillar on which to base the coexistence of different religions and cultures. "After September 11," commented Ferrero, "there were different ways of reacting to the event: on one side war, the expression of the maximum amount of power, and on the other dialogue, the minimum expression of power. I believe, however, that the latter has won." (AGI) -
202133 OTT 06
http://www.agi.it/english/news.pl?doc=200610202133-1304-RT1-CRO-0-NF51&page=0&id=agionline-eng.arab

I think Christians should give the Muslims a lesson on how to react and behave in a secular world. Just because someone says something to the Prophet don't go crazy. Say something back and in no ways expect that people will stop saying things to you or your Prophet. Whether there is just cause or not.

Christian symbols are made fun of a lot of times. But they keep their faith and nicely and peacefully point out the right from wrong. Muslims on the other hand seem to lose their faith in God. They react so violently, that it seems like people really did hit a nerve.

Indian Panga quote - I think Christians should give the Muslims a lesson on how to react and behave in a secular world. Just because someone says something to the Prophet don't go crazy
-------------------------------------------

Right on :)
If Jesus himself can be cool, so can we :)
Jesus said:-"Whoever speaks a word against me shall be forgiven"(Luke 12:10)

Of course, of course. But we do reserve the right to at least moderately not be happy about it and not like the person(s) engaging in this (rightful) abuse.

I didn't like the rioting either. But if someone comes and says "F YOU, ASIM!" I can bloody well say "F YOU!" even louder.

But is that the kind of world we want? Where one dude can sit and mock the Prophet Muhammad and in return we have to go and mock their prophet or God?

Muslims thus hold the policy of not slinging any mud onto other faiths. Still some Muslims do it but then we ourselves frown over such behavior a lot more.

Muslims won't make fun of Jesus, Abraham or Moses either. That'd be like making fun of ourselves since we believe in them too. While there are a lot of voices we hear for Muslims to make the corrections where are the voices that at least encourage (of course we know, it can't be forced, but it can be encouraged) people to not mock Muslims.

When you splatter a lot off poop on a fan you can't really decide on whom it should land on. There'd be plenty for everyone.

Films about Jesus over the years such as Monty Pythons The Life of Brian, Willem Dafoe in The Last Temptation of Christ etc have outraged some Christians but personally I found them good entertainment :)-

It wasn't entertainment...

Treat our Prophet and our believes with respect, and we will treat you like brothers...

What would you do, Mick and Indian Panga, if someone insulted your mother? What would you do? Will you not be angry? Will you not react?

It wasn't entertainment...

Treat our Prophet and our believes with respect, and we will treat you like brothers...

more importantly is for the raving nutcases who claim jihad agausn tthe west to treat the Phrophet with repsect. The Danish cartoons were satire

Satire-sat·ire (săt'īr') pronunciation
n.
1. A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.
2. The branch of literature constituting such works. See synonyms at caricature.
2. Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or stupidity.

The prophet running around with a bomb was used to convey the obvious oxymoron between Some Moslems claiming islam mean peace, and others killing people and themselves just as fast as they can.

If Moselsm had not permitted this nest of vipers to grow in thier midst, the cartoons would never have been drawn.

Back
Top Bottom