What's new

Time for German military to take more active role?

Careful there...last couple of times that any sort of awakenings happened thereabouts we ended up with millions dead, radioactive mushrooms in Japan, the whole world feeling sorry for the jews, collapse of great empires and whatnot.

Ahem...have you seen Pakistan ?

Yes. A nation full of chaos, corruption, religious fundamentalism and terror.

The Germans need to reform their constitution as well. I don't see why our German Brothers should remain benign.

They have always been a proud, and powerful military nation. Long have the Prussian Army been an idol of foreign armies.

Germania needs to awaken again.

But they cannot, with France, UK and USA breathing down their neck.

Remember Germany is politically not a free country even if it is a sovereign one.

It is still bound by all the post-War treaties that you are trying to do away with. While Japan is slowly coming out of this implicit occupation through standing strong for her military.

What Abe-san has achieved is indeed a miracle, without being 'politically deposed' considering the influence US wielded with Japan during Koizumi era.

Germany's and Japan's compliance to US sanctions is a standing proof that they are still a long way to be free and take unilateral decisions on their own. To do that, they will have to politically de-link G-7 from their individual bilateral relations.

Some 50 years ago Italy was just as bad.

lol?

50 years ago Italy was a capitalistic wonderland with world class divas like Sophia Loren. Tell me where we had chaos, religious nutjobs and terrorism like Taliban 50 years ago? 50 years ago italy was already an EU member state. To be honest the last time italy was at such a low level like Pakistan was like...hmmm i would say 13th century.

POIGNANT.
Thats exactly my thought when i red this mate. He is indeed entirely right. World war II is long death and buried. Germany has really atone/apologised/repent/compensate others for its past. Reason why almost every country loves Germany and even the countries who suffered/fought Germnay during world war II like France and Britain(the 2 most powerful in the region) are the ones today begging/pleading witht he Germans to rearm/take a more active role in world affairs/conflicts hot spots. Germany to my suprise is still reluctant to accept this role unlike Japan. I really dont understand why, its not like there are countries in Europe who dont want Germany to act like a big country its size and take on more responsibilities. Its long over due for Europes most biggest/poweful economy to live up to its role as a major world power. I think with the U.S reducing its role in Europe, Germany will be forced to accept reality and assume a more deep role in the security of the region. Go Deutschland über alles.:cheers:

Believe it or not, most of the military traditions of the present day Bundeswehr is Prussian military tradition.

View attachment 159604

View attachment 159605

View attachment 159606
Note the Prussian Eagle

View attachment 159607

Germany is a country i really admire. They kind of remind me of Britain. They are quite strong/advanced and tough, and have always been a strong country for centuries. Their engineering capabilities are second to none, I can say that if Germany decide to rearm/act like a normal major power, then even Russia and the U.S will whave to watch their backs, since the Germans have very skilled engineers/workers and even with their modest military budget they still make world class weapons systems which are even better than American ones. Its just that they lost the second world war, if they had not, then no country i think they would have been a far bigger/influential super power. No wonder our ancestors came from Germany.:agree::cheers:

Thats exactly my thought when i red this mate. He is indeed entirely right. World war II is long death and buried. Germany has really atone/apologised/repent/compensate others for its past. Reason why almost every country loves Germany and even the countries who suffered/fought Germnay during world war II like France and Britain(the 2 most powerful in the region) are the ones today begging/pleading witht he Germans to rearm/take a more active role in world affairs/conflicts hot spots. Germany to my suprise is still reluctant to accept this role unlike Japan. I really dont understand why, its not like there are countries in Europe who dont want Germany to act like a big country its size and take on more responsibilities. Its long over due for Europes most biggest/poweful economy to live up to its role as a major world power. I think with the U.S reducing its role in Europe, Germany will be forced to accept reality and assume a more deep role in the security of the region. Go Deutschland über alles.:cheers:

Germany is a country i really admire. They kind of remind me of Britain. They are quite strong/advanced and tough, and have always been a strong country for centuries. Their engineering capabilities are second to none, I can say that if Germany decide to rearm/act like a normal major power, then even Russia and the U.S will whave to watch their backs, since the Germans have very skilled engineers/workers and even with their modest military budget they still make world class weapons systems which are even better than American ones. Its just that they lost the second world war, if they had not, then no country i think they would have been a far bigger/influential super power. No wonder our ancestors came from Germany.:agree::cheers:

Germany is pacifist. People hate war and military. Thats deep in its soul. It is a common idea here that no war is worth to risk human life.

I have friends who are Germans and they are very nationalistic and want the return of a strong Germany.

a small minority and definitly not the way germany is going. soldiers are murderers. Thats the common idea here.

a small minority and definitly not the way germany is going. soldiers are murderers. Thats the common idea here.
i could never understand such logic what makes euros go to this way of thinking

That is arguable at best, Markus. Soldiers are servants of the nation, defenders of all the rights and liberties a citizen is able to bask in. Without soldiers, there is no stopping the threats of said nation.

Anyways, back to the subject:

-------------------------------------------

Helo for German Special Forces Conducts First Flight

BERLIN — the German Army ordered from Airbus Helicopters 15 new multirole helicopters for its KSK Special Forces Command. Last week, representatives from the German military watched as the EC645 T2 successfully completed its first flight at the company’s facility in Donauwörth, Bavaria.

“This first flight is a milestone in the EC645 T2 program and we’re thrilled to be able to celebrate this event with our customer,” said Ralf Barnscheidt, head of the company’s German Military Support Center.

The lightweight helicopter is the military version of the civil EC145 T2 that went into service in July of this year. It features a Helionix digital avionics suite with full night vision and a four-axis autopilot.

The helicopter, which can be strategically airlifted in an Airbus A400M and quickly prepared for missions upon arrival in theater, closes a gap for German Special Forces Command because of its multirole capability. It can be used for a range of military operations including transportation, reconnaissance, search and rescue, fire support, and evacuation of wounded soldiers.

Delivery is slated to start at the end of 2015, said Airbus Helicopters spokesman Claas Belling.

“We are waiting for certification and military testing so there are still a number of question marks behind everything, and it doesn’t just depend on us, but it will happen at the end of 2015, that’s for sure,” he said.

Thailand is the second country to commit to the EC645 T2, having signed a deal for five aircraft to be operated by the Royal Thai Navy. But Belling said that Airbus is in talks about export activities with several other countries.

“Many of them are waiting for the first flights to see how it performs with the German Special Forces, and we have every reason to hope that it will be a success,” he said.

bilde

Helo for German Special Forces Conducts First Flight | C4ISR & Networks | c4isrnet.com

the complete destruction of europe in 1945.

It is unfair to categorize the Bundeswehr with the faults of the Wehrmacht. The Wehrmacht served a Fascist Dictatorship in a totally different era, diferent political and social culture , during times of extremism. Deutschland , now, is a Federal Democracy that is centered on the rule of law, and wiser from its experiences. Germany's re-militarization is guarantee of the safety of all Europe.

That is arguable at best, Markus. Soldiers are servants of the nation, defenders of all the rights and liberties a citizen is able to bask in. Without soldiers, there is no stopping the threats of said nation.

Anyways, back to the subject:

-------------------------------------------

Helo for German Special Forces Conducts First Flight

BERLIN — the German Army ordered from Airbus Helicopters 15 new multirole helicopters for its KSK Special Forces Command. Last week, representatives from the German military watched as the EC645 T2 successfully completed its first flight at the company’s facility in Donauwörth, Bavaria.

“This first flight is a milestone in the EC645 T2 program and we’re thrilled to be able to celebrate this event with our customer,” said Ralf Barnscheidt, head of the company’s German Military Support Center.

The lightweight helicopter is the military version of the civil EC145 T2 that went into service in July of this year. It features a Helionix digital avionics suite with full night vision and a four-axis autopilot.

The helicopter, which can be strategically airlifted in an Airbus A400M and quickly prepared for missions upon arrival in theater, closes a gap for German Special Forces Command because of its multirole capability. It can be used for a range of military operations including transportation, reconnaissance, search and rescue, fire support, and evacuation of wounded soldiers.

Delivery is slated to start at the end of 2015, said Airbus Helicopters spokesman Claas Belling.

“We are waiting for certification and military testing so there are still a number of question marks behind everything, and it doesn’t just depend on us, but it will happen at the end of 2015, that’s for sure,” he said.

Thailand is the second country to commit to the EC645 T2, having signed a deal for five aircraft to be operated by the Royal Thai Navy. But Belling said that Airbus is in talks about export activities with several other countries.

“Many of them are waiting for the first flights to see how it performs with the German Special Forces, and we have every reason to hope that it will be a success,” he said.

bilde

Helo for German Special Forces Conducts First Flight | C4ISR & Networks | c4isrnet.com

I think you should allow other nations their own opinions about this. Germany has very strict rules regarding its military. Its banned to operate inside the nation and its "honor" inside germany is very low. Soldiers can serve their nation but can also be the greatest enemy of the people. Greater than any outside force and danger.

Basic reality is that Europe needs no great army. We live in a time where this is simply not necessary and a waste of money.

Germany itself is only a memberstate of the EU and thus needs no great military itself. Just like bavaria needs no own military. What we need is a european military. An small and effective one. We are worldleading in technology. There is no need for huge masses of troops.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom