What's new

Thrifty at Fifty: PAF Mirages.

Image1525226921.918007.jpg

Image1525226931.723157.jpg

Image1525226945.385223.jpg

Image1525226955.517500.jpg

Looks like block 3 with advance aesa radar and ldp will bring capacity perhaps additional pylons to replace mirages as external war load is already now > 4000 kg of mirages

I do not think spending money on j-10 or anything else will be an option for next 5 years but rather push out 100 or block 3s to replace pg and some of the mirage sqn

With due respect at times a senior poster like MK should also check his statements. As many of his statements may result in physical fight if given before any ex serviceman or people who love their defense forces. Hypothetical statements like PAF higher brass is corrupt or PA/PN deals always include bribes should be avoided.

The purpose of thread should be to discuss or differ from others views or even criticize individuals but not to defame our own institutions.

The purpose of thread should be to discuss or differ from others views or even criticize individuals but not to defame our own institutions.

Hi,

Only if you knew how incompetent they have been---you would cry---.

Hi,

Mastan Khan, the problem with the Muslim world and the third world is there is a severe lack of merit-based decisionmaking. I'm glad you are here. I am glad you are alive. Sometimes I feel either I am mad or the world is mad, then I read posts from people like you and I feel reassured.

>>>>>

@khanasifm What do you mean recently bought Mirage aircraft / spare parts! Is PAF still buy those? Would be a very interesting story if the news is true. Are you hinting UAE?

Indeed a great achievement to keep these oldies fly worthy. I just wonder what will happen to all these decades of experience or skills for maintaining these deltas or that will also be retired along with these jets??

Hi,

At least I have observed PA for at least 10-15 years up to 1998 and despite being civilian have observed every aspect. Though I confess don't saw much of PAF/Navy. I also attended tough PAF college in Peshawar and ran away next day.

It is worthwhile to note that whether it is PAF/Navy or Army they are defending their country even with second hand ammo. The use of Mirages is biggest example.

Indeed a great achievement to keep these oldies fly worthy. I just wonder what will happen to all these decades of experience or skills for maintaining these deltas or that will also be retired along with these jets??

Hi,

The skill set transfers over---you are able---you are capable---then your work ethics takes you to a higher level on a modern machine.

The secret to that is---to understand that every machine has its own twerks----just because one machine does not behave like the other---creates a problem---so as long as it is accepted that to work on a machine on its merits one has to make adjustments in understanding and attitude---the long road would be easy as a pie---.

Back
Top Bottom