What's new

Three soldiers martyred as Pakistan asks Afghanistan to rein in terrorists

Taliban confirm 'tensions' on border with Pakistan​

Deputy spokesperson says clashes took place in Dand Patan area in Afghanistan’s Paktia province

News Desk
September 14, 2022

men coming from afghanistan move down a corridor between security fences at the border post in torkham pakistan on the durand line on 18 june 2016 photo reuters

Men coming from Afghanistan move down a corridor between security fences at the border post in Torkham, Pakistan on the Durand Line on 18 June 2016. PHOTO: REUTERS

KABUL:
The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA) confirmed on Wednesday that the IEA and Pakistani military were involved in a clash along the international border.

According to IEA Deputy Spokesperson Bilal Karimi, the clashes took place in Dand Patan area in Afghanistan’s Paktia province.

Karimi said on Twitter that military facilities, “in principle”, should not be built close to the Durand Line. He further said that a day earlier, the "Pakistani military sought to build an outpost there."
“Some Islamic Emirate members went to talk to them, but Pakistani soldiers opened fire which caused casualties,” the spokesperson added.

Karimi said that the Islamic Emirate's forces also opened fire. He further said that there was a possibility that Pakistani soldiers also suffered casualties.

It was reported a day earlier that at least three Pakistani soldiers embraced martyrdom when, the army said, terrorists from Afghanistan opened fire in a latest incident that is likely to complicate the relationship between Islamabad and Kabul.

Terrorists from across the border continue to pose security threat to Pakistan despite Afghan Taliban takeover and promises by the interim government not to allow Afghan soil to be used against its neighbour.

A statement issued by the military’s media wing said terrorists from inside Afghanistan, across the international border, opened fire on Pakistani troops in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa’s Kurram district.

The only solution to this is bombing TTP's hideouts in Khost,Kunar and Paktika.
Which Imran Khan never wants that.
Lol. Everything is Imran 's fault and we can't even name the guy sitting on the top seat for 6 years.

What do you mean? do they have any options available other than what they are already doing?
Why don't you share those here so we all can know?
Back to trolling, are we? I thought that's their job to safeguard the nation.

Unknown assassins at it again.
If ceasefire breaks, all our assets in AFG should be given green signal to kill as many ttp as they can. If ceasefire collapses, do what was happening during Raheel Sharif’s time in AFG and this time US drones won’t come and save TTP leadership from complete annihilation.
You want to fight a land war in Afghanistan? You folks are brave.

Why don’t you have the same energy for Sindh? That ethno nationalism has caused more damage for Pakistan. Look at the floods.
It's about the potential both types of ethnonationalism have and their external support, from what I see Sindhi ethnonationalism is very contained and with very limited outside interference.

The one with a greater potential will be the main worry as it can cause the most damage.

It's about the potential both types of ethnonationalism have and their external support, from what I see Sindhi ethnonationalism is very contained and with very limited outside interference.

The one with a greater potential will be the main worry as it can cause the most damage.

Not really, Baloch ethno nationalism is arguably a bigger threat than both Pashtun and Sindhi ethnonationalism. While Sindhi ethnonationalism is supported by one of Pakistan's biggest parties, PPP, and is in fact used as a blackmail to stop economic development.

We know the real reason "why" Pashtun "ethnonationalism" is always considered a boogeyman in Pakistan.

But, by all means, come back to me when sindhis ban Pakistani flag and start beating up other Pakistanis when the sindhi teams lose in PSL

Its Pakistan's fault for being very corrupt and giving NADRA's to every Tom, Dick, and Harry.

That's why I referred to nationlism pro maxx.

What you are referring to is nor nationalism but more patriotism pro maxx. There are already attempts at this, for example in the documentary Waziristan: Hard Homecoming.

But, if they try to pull any of that shit with Pakistani sikhs, they have another thing coming

Pakistani sikhs are less than 1% of Pakistan.

If they support the only federal party of Pakistan more than they support their ethnicity, then they'll understand. Otherwise, they can fck right off along with others like them.

They see Imran Khan as one of their own and a better alternative than Talibunnies and Laal Topis

That's was before Pakistan was born. Injustices are done all the time. We are assuming a time when Pakistani nationalism has been drilled into people.

That was done this year LMAOOOO,

Last edited:
You want to fight a land war in Afghanistan? You folks are brave.
We have been fighting a land war in AFG for the past few decades now and have been coming out on top every single time. Our assets in AFG are plenty. Our assets of both Pakistani and Afghan origin.

We have been fighting a land war in AFG for the past few decades now and have been coming out on top every single time. Our assets in AFG are plenty. Our assets of both Pakistani and Afghan origin.

How has Pakistan been coming on top?

Asking terrorists to rein in terrorists by lumber 1 agency. And on top of that lumber 1 agency installed taliban apologist as PM of Pakistan. You have local KPK supporters of taliban on this very forum out of ethnic loyalty. Let support terrorists as at least they are same ethnicity as us, logic!

Not really, Baloch ethno nationalism is arguably a bigger threat than both Pashtun and Sindhi ethnonationalism. While Sindhi ethnonationalism is supported by one of Pakistan's biggest parties, PPP, and is in fact used as a blackmail to stop economic development.

We know the real reason "why" Pashtun "ethnonationalism" is always considered a boogeyman in Pakistan.
Why is that? Genuinely curious.

With Pashtun ethnonationalism we have Afghanistan next door which is making constant claims on territory at an international level. It could also provide vital military support, especially if it develops a capable military, and even militarily invade as it has done in the past. We host millions of their refugees who have nothing but hatred for us but cannot be hardline on them as it could upset local Pashtuns.

With Sindhi and Baloch there's no real international or foreign support, its on low levels contained within and doesn't have the potential to escalate, it's a nuisance at most.

To me the former actually has a much greater potential to cause harm, whereas the second is a nuisance that's more easy to deal with.

Pakistani sikhs are less than 1% of Pakistan.
We wouldn't allow it even if there were more of them

They see Imran Khan as one of their own and a better alternative than Talibunnies and Laal Topis
Good. Then, they I assume they'll have no problem following his ideology which is as far away from theirs as one can be.

Bro, if you are really going to go there, Afghans have literally invaded and plundered the plains on Punjab for hundreds of years i think. The significance of historical events is different from different people. But that's just what it is. a troubled history. If we are going to be part of the same country today, we have to leave that shit behind. I am yet to see a pathan getting beat up or even harassed and they are literally everywhere in our cities. They are well integrated, hardworking. We admrie them for that. In private conversations, we often reference how punjabi's are lazy and you can't find punjabi labour these days because they don't want to do the hard work and you need to get pathan labour if you want to get the job done. I've had a punjabi laborer run away from work without completing and days later I saw him pushing a cart as that's easier. Right now, my neighbor has to let go of his punjabi labour and has hired pathans as they are reliable and get the job done. I am from the GT road area, central punjab BTW.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom