When i was young i heard about SURYA
proxy

When i was a bit older i saw SURYA with my own eyes in Hyderabad
View attachment 280240

Don (2007 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Later when i became more older i saw Surya again in Chennai

images

Suriya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You have missed the most important "Surya", which you would have seen from child hood

images.jpg

You are speculating about the weight. If its weight is indeed low then the range is MUCH Greater than what I have said. :agree:

Consider another aspect, the SIZE.

Agni V is 17 m high and 2 m wide. Lets assume its volume is 53 m3

French M51 is 12 m high and 2.3 m wide. Approximate volume is 50 m3

Chinese DF-31 is 13 m hight and 2.25 m wide, Approximate volume is 51 m3

Russian Topol M is 22.7 m high and 1.9 m wide, approximate volume is 64 m3.

All these missiles have a speed between mach 22 to mach 25 :azn:

Slice it any way you want, Agni V range is certainly more than 10,0000 KM. :devil:
Ya but with 750-800Kg class warhead .

Ya but with 750-800Kg class warhead .

LOL.... why ? Looks at the figures of all other class of missiles. Agni V can carry multiple warheads too if the warheads can be designed accordingly.

India has downgraded its missile range so avoid world wide attention, but those who know missiles, know the true range of Agni V.

LOL.... why ? Looks at the figures of all other class of missiles. Agni V can carry multiple warheads too if the warheads can be designed accordingly.

India has downgraded its missile range so avoid world wide attention, but those who know missiles, know the true range of Agni V.
a small 50Kton nuclear warhead weighs around 175-200Kg so A-V can easly have 4 of then and with a range of 6Kmiles

a small 50Kton nuclear warhead weighs around 175-200Kg so A-V can easly have 4 of then and with a range of 6Kmiles

When other missiles of the same class, weight and size can lob nukes for more than 10,000 KM, kindly explain why Indian missile can reach only 6000 KM ?

You are speculating about the weight. If its weight is indeed low then the range is MUCH Greater than what I have said. :agree:

Consider another aspect, the SIZE.

Agni V is 17 m high and 2 m wide. Lets assume its volume is 53 m3

French M51 is 12 m high and 2.3 m wide. Approximate volume is 50 m3

Chinese DF-31 is 13 m hight and 2.25 m wide, Approximate volume is 51 m3

Russian Topol M is 22.7 m high and 1.9 m wide, approximate volume is 64 m3.

All these missiles have a speed between mach 22 to mach 25 :azn:

Slice it any way you want, Agni V range is certainly more than 10,0000 KM. :devil:
All other missiles you mentioned have payload of <1ton
Agni V TD-3/MK-3 will be less than 30 tons but it will have payload of 1.5 to 3 tons. The RV will be bigger bcoz it will need more fuel which will reduce the height of other solid engine sections.

i dont see Agni V TD-3 crossing range of 8000 KM for full payload configuration!!
Do remember that composite tech, India is using in Agni V TD-3 is 20+ yr old tech:)
All modern ICBM are fully composite!!

RT-2PM Topol
All three stages are made of composite materials. During first stage operation the flight control is implemented through four aerodynamic and four jet vanes. Four similar trellised aerodynamic surfaces serve for stabilization. During the second and third stage of flight gas is injected into the diverging part of the nozzle for flight control.

Their specific impulse Isp is better than Indian rocket engine. Russia have 6 decades R&D experience in solid rocket propulsion. IF their engine have 10% better efficiency than Agni engine;then range would change vary by 20+%

Agni V new version will be similar to DF-31 in performance!!

Last edited:
All other missiles you mentioned have payload of <1ton
Agni V TD-3/MK-3 will be less than 30 tons but it will have payload of 1.5 to 3 tons. The RV will be bigger bcoz it will need more fuel which will reduce the height of other solid engine sections.

i dont see Agni V TD-3 crossing range of 8000 KM for full payload configuration!!
Do remember that composite tech, India is using in Agni V TD-3 is 20+ yr old tech:)
All modern ICBM are fully composite!!

RT-2PM Topol
All three stages are made of composite materials. During first stage operation the flight control is implemented through four aerodynamic and four jet vanes. Four similar trellised aerodynamic surfaces serve for stabilization. During the second and third stage of flight gas is injected into the diverging part of the nozzle for flight control.

Their specific impulse Isp is better than Indian rocket engine. Russia have 6 decades R&D experience in solid rocket propulsion. IF their engine have 10% better efficiency than Agni engine;then range would change vary by 20+%

Agni V new version will be similar to DF-31 in performance!!

Provide a Link that says Agni V is 30 Tons. Without that anyone can claim anything. I can claim Agni is actually on 10 tons.

I am sorry to say, Your post is pure speculation and hence useless. How does it matter if other missiles are composite ? Avngi is a composite missile too.

If you want comparative statistics, compare with K4 missile.

It has a weight of 17 Tons, height of 12 m and diameter of 1.3 m and will carry 2.5 ton warhead to more than 3,500 KM :lol:

That is a missile with a volume of 16 m3 and a weight of 17 tons will carry 2.5 Tons to more than 3,500 KM :cheesy:

Now extrapolate the same data to Agni-V and find out its true range :devil:

@raktaka
My guess of 30 tons is approximation from Agni III optimized 22 tons:)

1. Nuclear effects of Agni-V -The New Indian Express

This Agni V will eventually be all-composite, including the casing and rocket motors made of Kevlar-carbon-carbon, Guidance on Chip for terminal accuracy, and distributed communications nodes through the length of the missile to minimise wiring
=>Currently 2 stage are made of composites frame
=>Only 1 stage is made of composite casing rocket motor.

Agni IV both stages are made of composite structure including composite solid rocket engine

2. Our ballistic missiles must be compact and road mobile, even the Agni-6 with its heavy payload. We will do this by building the first stage with composites, fitting theAgni-6 with India's first composite 40-tonne rocket motor. This is a technical challenge but we have good capability in lightweight composites," says Chander.
Eventually the Agni-6 will be no taller than the Agni-5, i.e. about 17 metres, says Chander. It will, however, be heavier and thicker - slightly over two metres - which will cater for the different shape of the MIRV payload.

=> Agni VI will be 40 tons for same height(17.5meter), all composite(engine propellant+casing+air framebody) with sligtly thick. Lets assume that 10 % more diameter!
Agni VI is 2.2 meter in diameter. Ignoring the RV surface which is conical in volume calculation
Lets assume that next Agni V version will have all composite(engine propellant+casing+air framebody)

Agni VI volume =Pi*(4.84)*17.5/4=66.52 meter cube ~= 40 tons

Agni V volume= Pi*1*17.5 = 54.97 Meter cube ~= ?
=>40/66.52*54.97= 33 tons

Hence new modified Agni V will be 33 tons if the RV is of 3 ton weight. IF RV is of 1.5 tons then Agni V will weigh around 31.5 tons!

3. How about analyzing the specific impulse of all solid rocket engines & compare the efficacy of various flex nozzles before comparing Agni V with Russian/American

Comparing with Chinese DF-31 is plausible.!

I cant guess the final Range of full composite Agni V but it should be definitely >~8000 KM

Last edited:
Too bad that present Agni-V will look like a hamburger trying to "easily" fit 4 MIRVs in a ~110cm dia RV housing.

The Final version of Agni V will have a bigger bulge & house 3 tons RV as pointed out by @Water Car Engineer
in the previous post
Its not a version of Agni-V, it is a completely new system known as Agni-VI.
What about A 6 ?
Why not.
I was one of those who took screenshots of this presentation and uploaded them here after the presentation video was released. :P

Back
Top Bottom