What's new

Thread posting requirements

I suggest two restrictions on creating new threads:
  1. Threads by new members should require moderator approval.
    New members should be required to get a feel for the forum by
    posting at least 100 messages (or receiving 50 ratings) before
    they can create threads freely.
    What I see happening is new members create troll threads which
    immediately provokes a bunch of members into pointless flame
    wars.
  2. Posting news articles should require either at least 3 different
    sources
    - opinion pieces should only be accepted by popular
    sources.
    I've often found unsourced news articles explode into trollfests

Thoughts?

So for someone like me who has less than one hundred posts, I must get to that threshold and then make a payment to become a full member who can start threads?

I think restrictions like this should come with space for exemptions. All the threads I started were from a website that sourced Agence France-Presse. And I'm not prepared to post at a low quality all over the website just to get to a hundred posts before I can re-start contributing to the site at that level.

Please re-consider.

So for someone like me who has less than one hundred posts, I must get to that threshold and then make a payment to become a full member who can start threads?

I think restrictions like this should come with space for exemptions. All the threads I started were from a website that sourced Agence France-Presse. And I'm not prepared to post at a low quality all over the website just to get to a hundred posts before I can re-start contributing to the site at that level.

Please re-consider.

1-you dont have to pay anything to become a full member,by contributing through your comments,you will become a full member
2-he is just suggesting some new rules bcoz new members are opening a lot of threads which are banned
3-you need to give a source which is credible......

now go through the forum rules here
Pakistan Defence Forum User Groups

^^Yeah, like that person who stated pelicans ate to much fish :lol:

No payment is needed. The earlier posts about payment were a joke.

Thanks Admin......
from requirement 1 of link...
Members - Members who are newly registered with less than 100 posts.
  • Cannot create threads except in Introduction section
..but i have now 100+ post..still i am not able to post a thread..do i have to wait for sometime??

Also need 20 days since registration.

Please re-consider.

You just have to have 100 posts and 20 days since registration to post new threads.

Back
Top Bottom