What's new

Third Sukhoi T -50 stealth fighter ‘to fly soon’

INDIAN SOLDIER

Reaction score
Third Sukhoi T -50 stealth fighter ‘to fly soon’

162533473.jpg

Russia’s third prototype Sukhoi T-50 fifth generation fighter will be ready to take to the skies in the near future, a military industry source said on Thursday. “It will fly when the designers are absolutely confident in their product,” the source said.
The assembly of the fourth fighter is “in the final stages of completion,” he added.

157939941.jpg

The T-50 made its maiden flight in January and two prototypes have since been undergoing flight tests.
The T-50, developed under the program PAK FA (Future Aviation System for Tactical Air Force) at the Sukhoi OKB, is Russia's first new major warplane designed since the fall of the Soviet Union.
It is expected to enter service in 2016.

I pray that they make some structural modifications to it as needed. 3rd prototype is about to fly and no changes have been made. Even if they're making 7 prototypes as Pogosyan said, it is about time they make some tangible changes.

according to this the f22 still has superior performance. is that the performance of the current prototyp PAK FA or the planned performance for it?

I pray that they make some structural modifications to it as needed. 3rd prototype is about to fly and no changes have been made. Even if they're making 7 prototypes as Pogosyan said, it is about time they make some tangible changes.

BRO, Antony had stated during his visit to Russia that the final product would be far different from the existing one....... Hoping that Antony won't let you down :)

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

according to this the f22 still has superior performance. is that the performance of the current prototyp PAK FA or the planned performance for it?

Its for the current prototype,,,, final product assumed to be a lot different from this one.......

The third flying prototype is scheduled to be fitted with the prototype AESA radar being developed by Tikhomirov — NIIP.

The fourth flying FGFA prototype will be fitted with production standard AESA radar. The radar complex along with associated electronics and data links will make the FGFA/PMF truly network centric with capability to communicate to other aircraft, AWACS and ground-based sensors through secure data links.

All this makes for expensive equipment as the current Gallium Arsenide (GaAs) technology to be used for the more than 1000 transmit and receive modules on the radar is costly and complicated to manufacture.

BRO, Antony had stated during his visit to Russia that the final product would be far different from the existing one....... Hoping that Antony won't let you down :)

Anthony...:lol:. I'd prefer that statement coming from Pogosyan or ACM Browne who're far more reliable. But anyways, I take your words bhai. :)

Its for the current prototype,,,, final product assumed to be a lot different from this one.......

Pray for it.

i have heard that f-22 is mainly air to air dominance.what about this??

Damn, Looks sexy as hell, nice pics bro, Is the program on schedule?

Anthony...:lol:. I'd prefer that statement coming from Pogosyan or ACM Browne who're far more reliable. But anyways, I take your words bhai. :)

Pray for it.

You got banned for abusing Anthony???? :what:

I knew it... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom