What's new

Things you didnt know until now :)

Bhushan

Reaction score
Country
India
Something you didnt know I found on the net, enjoy

* Butterflies taste with their feet.

* A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

* In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world's nuclear weapons combined.

* On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year!

* On average people fear spiders more than they do death.

* Ninety percent of New York City cabbies are recently arrived immigrants.

* Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.

* Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.

* Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.

* It's possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.

* Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

* The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.

* A snail can sleep for three years.

* No word in the English language rhymes with "MONTH".

* Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.

* Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.

* The electric chair was invented by a dentist.

* All polar bears are left handed.

* In ancient Egypt, priests plucked EVERY hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes.

* An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

* TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.

* A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.

* "Go." is the shortest complete sentence in the English
language.

* If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33.She would stand seven feet, two inches tall.

* The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.

* Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.

:D:D:D

Last edited:

I know this one....

2 Eids back we thought doing qurbani on the roof will be less messy...we lead the cow on the roof and figured its not a good idea...we tried to get the cow back downstairs but no use...she was afraid and was not coming....so we did all the qurbani on the roof...made extra mess and brought cow down in pieces.:cheesy:

* In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world's nuclear weapons combined.

*the sun produces 400 billion billion megwatts of energy every second, that's like a 100 billion Hydrogen bombs going off every second.

* In ancient Egypt, priests plucked EVERY hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes

Eeeeks.......:eek:

* Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.

lol:P

can't wait till Dec, when I would be back in Delhi and with friends in morning will goto old Delhi's Karims for having Nihari (Cow meat stew) at 8 AM!!! can't wait seriously!

can't wait till Dec, when I would be back in Delhi and with friends in morning will goto old Delhi's Karims for having Nihari (Cow meat stew) at 8 AM!!! can't wait seriously!

You should be able to get it in any Pakistani restaurant in the US. You can even make a pretty decent nihari at home using Shan Nihari masala.

You should be able to get it in any Pakistani restaurant in the US. You can even make a pretty decent nihari at home using Shan Nihari masala.

I did try in 2 local restaurants one is famous Shalimar in California but I didn't like as it was in Delhi's Karim restaurant can't wait till Dec tht's why!

* Butterflies taste with their feet.

And flies :P

* On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year!

And i still survived all these years :undecided:

* On average people fear spiders more than they do death.

BS

* Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.

Reverse the figure it will make 53% men

Pakistani police can do that :azn:

"Go." is the shortest complete sentence in the English
language.

"NO"

* If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33.She would stand seven feet, two inches tall.

You mean more or less a Pamela

Haha... nice list.
"Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing."
and I was thinking my niece has beautiful big eyes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom