What's new

Thief strikes VIP box at R-Day parade

They learnt the concept-a good concept-SEZ's. They chose to copy the land acquisition process as well. Nandigram showed what a fiasco it can become, and by and large, govt is doubly wary of forcing farmers to sell their land for SEZ's. So something good has come off the the fiasco. Incidentally, the place where this issue really heated up is West Bengal, a state governed by the Communist Party of India. The irony!

That’s where the problem is. China and India are very different countries. In China, land is owned by State; and peasants (as opposed to city dwellers) have the right to use it. State will compensate for the properties built on the land and the rights to use it, not the land itself, if I’m not mistaken. These are the results of Land Revolution around 1950. While acknowledging that there are crimes/wrong-doings, most of the affected are reasonably and heftily compensated.

In India, land is private properties, if I’m right. For those who don’t have skills other than farming, a loss of land is a loss of life of a family. Will your government guarantee at least some part of their lives afterwards?

BTW, it is same ridiculous, if not more so, to equal Indian Communists to Chinese ones as to equal Soviet Communists to Chinese ones.

I really dont know or frankly care to know the number of theives in either of the country's. But i certainly agree that democracy doesnt equal tolerating/nurturing theft against anyone, let alone an invited foreign dignitary/guest. But where does it imply that it was because of democracy that this incident happened? It was a theft, one that occurred because of some lapse of attention of some security person present in the booth. IF he is caught, he will be sent to prison in accordance with the laws. Where does democracy come in? Its quite certain the thief will not be able to challenge his arrest if the police have proper evidence, so how is democracy giving that thief an advantage?

On the contrary, I do care about crime rate as it is one of many indicators to depict a country. USA is a bad example.

My topic is however more on: how can we, or rather you, can trust your government to control or prevent next terrorist attack if your elected officials can’t even safe guard invited state guests?

Back
Top Bottom