What's new

They just don’t care: Israeli Backpackers in India

how can an Indian go against white skinned Israeli, Israelis know it and that why they treat you like ****

A slave will always see relationships as a slave-master relationship. It is in our interest to deal with Israel. When that interest ends, so will our relationship.

Here comes the hate-speech from the internet tough guy. Try doing something in person rather than talking.

Not hate speech it's, as they say, real talk.

Ḥashshāshīn;4448351 said:
Firstly, Israel has only been a nation for 65 years so I don't know how they have been coming to India for 'centuries'. :lol:

I believe he is using the term Jews and Israeli interchangeably..

The problem is not Israelis being discriminated in India. Most Indians look up to them like some superior being. The problem is Indians being discriminated. Go to Israel, they probably won't even let you enter their shops.

and where the hell did you get that from?

Ill put my money on you having never visited India or ever seen the interaction between Indians and Israelis in person....
But Ill wait for your tale about the "this one time"

I believe he is using the term Jews and Israeli interchangeably..

and where the hell did you get that from?

Ill put my money on you having never visited India nor ever seen the interaction between Indians and Israelis in person....
But Ill wait for you tale about the "this one time"

Its ironic because in their dealings with Arabs in many cases they are not dealt with as equals.

In all Semites > south Asians.

A dentist friend of mine once told me this story that has stuck with me all these years. Now keep in mind that she is a devout Christian lady who happens to be Blond with blue eyes, in other words very Caucasian looking. She said that when she was 20 and a junior in college, she went to Israel with her classmates. She was excited especially because she had an opportunity to visit Jerusalem and Bethlehem in the holy land. Also she was excited about being with the Jewish people as she always carried the biblical context of Jews and that Jesus was a Jew, according to her.

But to her consternation, when in Israel, she found Israeli Jews to be rude and condescending. Every Jewish shop she entered in Jerusalem treated her like a pariah. If she asked any shopkeeper about the price of any item she got dirty hateful looks like why are you wasting our time. At one time she asked them if they would lower the price somewhat as she was just a student and could not afford the hefty price but she did want to take the item as a gift for her mom and the shopkeeper rudely to told her to get out of his shop.

On the other hand she remembered how kind the Arab shopkeepers were to her. They offered her tea and told her she could pay whatever she could afford as she was their guest. The Arab women constantly hugged and kissed her and she felt like she was with her own family. To this day when she meets an Arab or a Muslim, she is reminded of her trip to Israel.

Needless to say, she gives me a pretty good discount on my dental work.:D

Sounds menacing and Dirtyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Its ironic because in their dealings with Arabs in many cases they are not dealt with as equals.

In all Semites > south Asians.

Sorry unclear on your comment...

Are you saying that in the minds of Israelis All Semites are superior to arabs and South Asians?

The amount of Indian Apologists in this thread is too damn high! But in all reality there are good and bad people in all races (including Israelis). But Israelis in particular though suffer from a superiority complex rarely found in others. It is based on their "God's Chosen People" mindset.

I’ll just leave this here. “Goyim (non-Jews) were born only to serve us. Without that, they have no place in the world – only to serve the People of Israel. In Israel, death has no dominion over them (non-Jews)... With gentiles (non-Israelis/Jews), it will be like any person – they need to die, but [God] will give them longevity. Why? Imagine that one’s donkey would die, they’d lose their money. This is his servant... That’s why he (non-Jew) gets a long life, to work well for this Jew,” - Ovadia Yosef (former Sephardi Chief Rabbi of Israel). Oh, and this man wasn't just a radical preacher. He was a highly respected authority in Israel.

we are not being apologetic. we are being realistic. its wrong to paint an entire community on the actions of a few.

Painting all the citizens of Israel with a broad brush because of the bad behavior of some? I think so!

That paint brush doesn't seem to have any problem painting Muslims because of actions of a few morons, this paint brush is very clever don't you think so?

we are not being apologetic. we are being realistic. its wrong to paint an entire community on the actions of a few.

I understand that. And I noted that during my first paragraph. I said and quote "there are good and bad people in all races (including Israelis)." But in general I'm getting the feeling that many Indians are blindly defending (i.e. being apologetic for) Israelis because of political alliances. This is completely wrong. Call a spade a spade, and admit that this is an issue Israelis face.

It isn't about painting an entire community, it is that Israelis, more than other races suffer from an inherent superiority complex. I noted the example of the former Sephardi Chief Rabbi of Israel, in which he openly called non-Jews worthless slaves (equivalent to donkey's). Long story short, are there good people in Israel? Of course. But Israelis do suffer this problem, and until they tone down the "chosen" complex, other nations including your own will continue to face such behaviors.

That paint brush doesn't seem to have any problem painting Muslims because of actions of a few morons, this paint brush is very clever don't you think so?

Well then, I would guess that would depend on who is holding the paint brush then eh? This thread is about Israelis, not Muslims. if it was about Muslims though, I would be saying the exact same thing. As I personally believe no race, culture or religion should ever be painted with a broad brush. Please also remember that the brush has also been painted broadly about American citizens by many America haters here. Yet, I certainly don't judge everyone here based on the belligerent posts of a few misinformed ignorants.

Ḥashshāshīn;4448351 said:
Firstly, Israel has only been a nation for 65 years so I don't know how they have been coming to India for 'centuries'. :lol:

The problem is not Israelis being discriminated in India. Most Indians look up to them like some superior being. The problem is Indians being discriminated. Go to Israel, they probably won't even let you enter their shops.

No point in discussion where you dont know the history read up and you will get the point.

Israelis in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mertzger quoted:
"For thousands of years we have marched on parallel causes and have now built bridges of cooperation between the two religions. Jews have lived in India for over 2000 years and have never been discriminated against. This is something unparalleled in human history".

India

Well then, I would guess that would depend on who is holding the paint brush then eh? This thread is about Israelis, not Muslims. if it was about Muslims though, I would be saying the exact same thing. As I personally believe no race, culture or religion should ever be painted with a broad brush. Please also remember that the brush has also been painted broadly about American citizens by many America haters here. Yet, I certainly don't judge everyone here based on the belligerent posts of a few misinformed ignorants.

If there is anything I have learnt about people on Internet, its that they say a lot of things. That racist brush is held by everyone and it aint goin any where. Another thing to keep in mind while browsing through forums is that if you take any random person's silly comment to heart/ seriously then you are equally involved in a moronic conversation.

My point is that be the thread about Indians, Pakistanis, Israelis, or Muslims, when you use an example like brush here, treat everyone equally without a mention of which ethnicity the topic is currently targeting because now it only shows double standards not hidden well.

Back
Top Bottom