What's new

The trouble with long held FATA narratives

pakdefender

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
See the following image

It presents one of the highly romanticized view held about FATA.
In many ways its a magnificent picture and one can see that its easy to romanticize with this, and many among the Pakistani pashtuns as well as non-pashtuns do so.

However , the reality of it is if this man discharged his weapon towards a military convoy or check post and the convoy or post returns fire , not only him but his child will also perish.

Marwat.jpg

The long held narratives about FATA are problematic , things will not get any better for the people of Pakistan ( FATA included ) , if these narratives continue to be propagated and held in high regard.

Stop being a racist twat, many of the soldiers fighting and dying are Tribals. STFU!!!/

I agree. A significant minority of Fataites do support these people. My solution to FATA problem is to make it a proper province. Before it is made a proper province, FATAites should not be given any settlement rights just as other Pakistanis do not have settlement rights in FATA. It's a reality that majority of suicide bombers going to Karachi, Islamabad and Peshawar get facilitated within the local FATA communities living there. The safe houses used by suicide bombers happen to be some FATAites' residence around 90% of the time.

Secondly army doesn't deliberately kill children. Agar "jihad" larni hai tau apne bachay ghar mein rakho na. Why don't BLA fighters lose their children? Because they're not dumb enough to keep them near when they have waged a war on the state.

This gun culture will takes us no where, solution is as @ghoul said that make it separate province, build schools, colleges and universities, explore natural resources( lot of available) and provide them jobs, spend revenue generated by resources on them, provide them better life style, lot of hydro power capacity is there so some mega project is required including dams roads, hire Fata peoples in army and bring there own people in to police, make them their own land guardians, and screw the mullah culture which promotes extremism ..

This gun culture will takes us no where, solution is as @ghoul said that make it separate province, build schools, colleges and universities, explore natural resources( lot of available) and provide them jobs, spend revenue generated by resources on them, provide them better life style, lot of hydro power capacity is there so some mega project is required including dams roads, hire Fata peoples in army and bring there own people in to police, make them their own land guardians, and screw the mullah culture which promotes extremism ..

Steps have been taken but it will take some time. First Pak need to build strong fence along durrand line.

See the following image

In many ways its a magnificent picture and one can see that its easy to romanticize with this, and many among the Pakistani pashtuns as well as non-pashtuns do so.

However , the reality of it is if this man discharged his weapon towards a military convoy or check post and the convoy or post returns fire , not only him but his child will also perish.

View attachment 177642

The long held narratives about FATA are problematic , things will not get any better for the people of Pakistan ( FATA included ) , if these narratives continue to be propagated and held in high regard.
Interestingly this man in the picture doesnt belong to FATA but to marwat tribe of settled area.

See the following image

View attachment 177642

Before 1947 , Hindu nationalists had problems with bandooq of a Pashtun, nowadays attock-kay-uss-paar desis of Pakistan are harboring the same sentiment....zaat aur nasal tou aik hi hey

FATA and KPK may be made an independent country or whatever but we should get rid of it.

Pakistan Armed Forces do not have the capability, professionalism and brutality that is required to control these bad lands. The better option is to let go this area.

We should retreat and consolidate our front lines on the East Bank of River Indus. People living in plains usually have no stomach for war.

And how do you plan on exiling 6 million pakhtuns from Karachi? I'm curious about your thoughts.

And how do you plan on exiling 6 million pakhtuns from Karachi? I'm curious about your thoughts.
At the moment, I am planning to exile myself from this god forsaken country. Pakistan is a lost cause already.

Before 1947 , Hindu nationalists had problems with bandooq of a Pashtun, nowadays attock-kay-uss-paar desis of Pakistan are harboring the same sentiment....zaat aur nasal tou aik hi hey

You should visit the IDP camps and then come back and tell for whom the bandooq of a Pashtun has become a problem now a days.

there is no need to exile any Pakistani from any part of Pakistan... Pathans are as much as Pakistani as others .. but the problem is they open their arms for Afghani , Tajik and Uzbeks , who are highly involved in Criminal activities and terrorism .. i hope that Pashtoon peoples will realize that their real enemy is not Pakistan but those Afghans, Tajik and Uzbek who are just using them.

Teri bhi nasal hindu hai, mat bhul. :enjoy:

there is no need to exile any Pakistani from any part of Pakistan... Pathans are as much as Pakistani as others .. but the problem is they open their arms for Afghani , Tajik and Uzbeks , who are highly involved in Criminal activities and terrorism .. i hope that Pashtoon peoples will realize that their real enemy is not Pakistan but those Afghans, Tajik and Uzbek who are just using them.

Relax. I was just asking about his opinion for he was promoting an independent Pakhtun country.

Back
Top Bottom