What's new

The Thorium Dream.

Blah blah blah blah blah.....

and more blah blah blah blah

I love our uranium plants for right now.

When you have the Technology ready for Thorium wake me up.

By then Solar and Wind will be producing thousands of Megawatts of Energy at the fraction of the cost of Thorium.

thorium energy is quite an effective source of power as proven by Dr.Alvin m.weinberg's Molten salt reactor experiment, thorium based energy research should be given priorities along with wind & solar energy research

imo by 2030 China will commercialize MSTR/LFTR. In 2015 China should complete their first research MSTR.

India is one of the select countries developing Throium based fast breed reactor.

Such reactors will produce energy for thousand's of years.

What India doing is nothing special they are just using thorium in a CANDU reactor. The reason why the US and other country are not doing it is because that kind of method is just to expensive as its cheaper to just dig up uranium.

our commercial prototype reactor will be ready by next year capacity of 500mw
First fast breeder reactor almost ready - The Hindu
inida has abundant reserves hope this might help for our energy security in future
We talking about thorium reactor not fast breeder reactor.
The way India is using its thorium is in no way related to MSTR/LFTR.

The key in thorium reactor development are Molten Salt thorium reactor or liquid fluoride thorium reactor.. Anything else is just for hype.

Last edited:
By then Solar and Wind will be producing thousands of Megawatts of Energy at the fraction of the cost of Thorium.

No Wind and Solar power has very high fixed cost making them unaffordable despite of very low operating cost.

Blah blah blah blah blah.....

and more blah blah blah blah

I love our uranium plants for right now.

When you have the Technology ready for Thorium wake me up.

Talking like an uneducated tree hugger. Wind doesn't provide energy in a consistence bases, and solar will take up too much space and provide energy only when the sun is shining.. The only renewable energy source that is reliable today is hydro power(dam).

What India doing is nothing special they are just using thorium in a CANDU reactor. The reason why the US and other country are not doing it is because that kind of method is just to expensive as its cheaper to just dig up uranium.

We talking about thorium reactor not fast breeder reactor.
The way India is using its thorium is in no way related to MSTR/LFTR.

The key in thorium reactor development are Molten Salt thorium reactor or liquid fluoride thorium reactor.. Anything else is just for hype.
there are many ways to tap energy from thorium at least theoretically
Thorium
u think u.s and others are not using those "candu" reactors because they are expensive??and india is using them inspite of it being expensive??did u read that link i posted.we found out a "commercially viable" method.and u must know that fast breeder reactors are different than that "candu"reactor.
india is studying to use one of the methods ..to convert thorium in to U-233.its the most suitable process to derive energy from mined thorium.and we have reserves sufficient for 600 years mean time better technologies will be invented.we dont have any issues with the process as long as we get energy from it as long as it is commercially viable.and we've found a way to do it.
u dont have to appreciate somebody's accomplishments but atleast try not to criticize them.

Last edited:
there are many ways to tap energy from thorium at least theoretically
Thorium
u think u.s and others are not using those "candu" reactors because they are expensive??and india is using them inspite of it being expensive??did u read that link i posted.we found out a "commercially viable" method.and u must know that fast breeder reactors are different than that "candu"reactor.
india is studying to use one of the methods ..to convert thorium in to U-233.its the most suitable process to derive energy from mined thorium.and we have reserves sufficient for 600 years mean time better technologies will be invented.we dont have any issues with the process as long as we get energy from it as long as it is commercially viable.and we've found a way to do it.
u dont have to appreciate somebody's accomplishments but atleast try not to criticize them.
Using thorium in a candu is more expensive for us, it simply cheaper for us to use uranium. The most efficient and safest way to derive energy from thorium is to use it in a MSTR or LFTR.

Last edited:
Using thorium in a candu is more expensive for us, it simply cheaper for us to use uranium.

we dont do it either.i was saying we made a prototype reactor which converts thorium to u-233 to produce power "comercially viable".candu reactors are not same as a fast breeder reactor for thorium.

Back
Top Bottom