What's new

The state that loves bullfighting but isn't Spain

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1452226202.665322.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1452226229.007485.jpg

There are many proofs that jallikattu existed from the times of IVC.. So the title should be "A bull vs 100 IVC people"...

The one who created this have no idea about the rules of jallikattu, if anyone engages the bull others should not touch the bull is the first basic rule. Those who violates this rule repeatedly will be disqualified, sometimes bull owners will throw open challenge to the crowd "to catch the bull with all the man power it takes if they can" then only people will try in groups.

It's not like that 100 against a bull, every one will try to engage the bull, if anyone caught the "thimil" of the bull, rest should move away.

And manju virattu is entirely different from jallikattu...

The article states:

During the event, hundreds of men will run along with the bull, hold on to its hump and pluck away bundles of money or gold tied to its specially sharpened horns.

Looks pretty harmless to be honest. The animals themselves don't seem to be that heavy...while still having more muscle mass than human, the total mass reduction makes it probably easier to handle. That gaur thing, that would be a different story though...

Bull run from Spain, im guessing with same purpose as in India, to prove manhood....

bull_2615963b.jpg

^^^look where the horn is.

bull.jpg

2792332-3x2-700x467.jpg

ad_139986742.jpg

gg15.jpg

article-2361753-1AC739D2000005DC-725_634x428.jpg

bullgorepants-372x164.jpg

^^ lol, anal cavity buh bye!

Last edited:
Maybe they should try to tame a Gaur. :D

Dominant+Bull+Gaur+-+Wildlife+Portrait.jpg

th_b4ad7bd0e72f1f1901536d6d4f1312d8_1322211198GaurBusSureshBasavarajulgsml.jpg

TH25_GOPINATH_AND__1498512f.jpg

Bhallavadeva did tame it :P Did u miss it ;)

The article states:

During the event, hundreds of men will run along with the bull, hold on to its hump and pluck away bundles of money or gold tied to its specially sharpened horns.

That aint true. Each Bull only has specified participants who are allowed to touch the bull. Many can run with it, but shouldnt touch it.
Nobody can know the exact rules than Tamils here.

This Sounds Fun..

Bulls are bread for sports all around the world. In our area they are bread for sports like Plough Racing, Plain flight & Well Racing, the later being the most popular. All these sports are enshrined in the agrarian culture of the area. Although there is an element of cruelty involved like the pepper treatment or the Taser treatment but these lots are treated like royalty when it comes to general well being of the animal.

& trust me you don't want to be on the wrong side of one of these because I was & within a few split seconds I had a broken Nose, a forehead like a unicorn & an almost broken neck. So full respect to these Fellas trying to hold on to his hump.

One interesting incident was at Jehlum where an annual race is held & the well is probably the heaviest. An army jawan from Sargodha serving in Jehlum cantt had seen the race & incensed at the vanity & cruelty of the sport came prepared for the next year & challenged to race the well for the duration of 10 minutes ( the allotted time for a pair of Bulls to race around the well ) & race he did especially the last minute at close to full Gallop. The crowd stunned & shocked he delivered his message that Racing Urself is far better than racing a pair of terrified Bulls & then refused all the prize money that the crowd showered upon him saying that he didn't want any of it.

Spain bull fight is piece of shit.
This is real bull fight, with real valor and courage.

This Sounds Fun..

Bulls are bread for sports all around the world. In our area they are bread for sports like Plough Racing, Plain flight & Well Racing, the later being the most popular. All these sports are enshrined in the agrarian culture of the area. Although there is an element of cruelty involved like the pepper treatment or the Taser treatment but these lots are treated like royalty when it comes to general well being of the animal.

& trust me you don't want to be on the wrong side of one of these because I was & within a few split seconds I had a broken Nose, a forehead like a unicorn & an almost broken neck. So full respect to these Fellas trying to hold on to his hump.

One interesting incident was at Jehlum where an annual race is held & the well is probably the heaviest. An army jawan from Sargodha serving in Jehlum cantt had seen the race & incensed at the vanity & cruelty of the sport came prepared for the next year & challenged to race the well for the duration of 10 minutes ( the allotted time for a pair of Bulls to race around the well ) & race he did especially the last minute at close to full Gallop. The crowd stunned & shocked he delivered his message that Racing Urself is far better than racing a pair of terrified Bulls & then refused all the prize money that the crowd showered upon him saying that he didn't want any of it.

In ancient Tamil Nadu only those who had tamed a bull were considered for marriage. I am living in lucky days :P

I was actually thinking the same thing. Contradictory to see how India is number 1 beef exporter and now this.

Its a bull not a cow. And by the way a cow is called a mother because it gives u milk. (The only other animal which fed us milk is our own mothers) I guess now you got the analogy.

Back
Top Bottom