What's new

The SAUDIfighter Typhoon??

Mosamania

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
I started this thread to point out some aspects of the Saudi acquisition of the EF-2000 fighter that many believe is just another "Fancy toy" or just a buy of a certain amount of numbers with nothing else involved and many who believe it is just another "waste of money"

What I will post here is show the great ambition Saudi Arabia as a country and what the RSAF expectations and dream about this superb Multi-role Fighter. And why this plane will in due time be the first REAL Saudi-fighter to fly the Saudi Arabian skies.

http://www.arabianaerospace.aero/saudis-countdown-to-typhoon-service-entry.html

"A contract for the acquisition of 72 Eurofighter Typhoon aircraft (together with training, support and technology transfer agreements) was finally signed on 29 August 2007, and this was publicly confirmed on 17 September 2007. The new deal is known as 'Project Salam"

"From an early stage, it became apparent that the Al Salam programme would involve an unprecedented degree of defence technology transfer to a Middle Eastern country, including the establishment of a Typhoon assembly line in Saudi Arabia. Though the first 24 Typhoons ordered for the Royal Saudi Air Force would be diverted from a UK Royal Air Force order, and would thus be assembled at BAE Systems’ Warton plant, the remaining 48 aircraft (including six two-seaters) would be assembled in-country"

First: The creation of an assembly plant along with production of its spare parts in Saudi Arabia:

Technican training for Typhoon assembly in Saudi Arabia begins

"Initial training is taking place in Saudi Arabia. "The second part of the training will take place in the UK," says Tayeb, who adds that well over 100 new jobs will be created and that Alsalam will be the local technicians' employer"

"A further four have since been delivered to Saudi Arabia, with two more scheduled to be delivered by year-end. In the 18-month period that the balance of UK-built Typhoons are delivered to Saudi Arabia, the new, purpose-built final assembly will be stood up in the kingdom."

This article also pose an interesting read: Arabian Aerospace - Phoon a friend?

2: Avionics and Fighter Electronics:
Rockwell Collins and Advanced Electronics Company form strategic alliance in the Middle East

"Under the agreement, AEC will collaborate with Rockwell Collins to design, develop, manufacture, test and market avionics, electronics, navigation and communications solutions for air, ground and maritime applications in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East." This the most interesting part of the deal".

3: Radars: Selex Galileo KACST collaborate on high-level technology transfer | A1SaudiArabia.com

"Selex Galileo, a leading international defense electronics company, has collaborated with King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST) to perform joint research and development projects in radio frequency, radar, communications, laser, electro-optics (eo) and infra-red technologies"

As you can see this one is not just a ToT but a joint research on the future AESA radar going to be installed on the Typhoon.

4-Even the Targeting Pod which will be installed on the Typhoon will be Saudi made and this is an example:
laserguidingsystems.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Which is made by ToT from Thales.

I realize that this does not qualify it as a full Saudi fighter not even close. But the amount of ToT and ambition being put on this plane has never happened in Saudi Arabia. This is why i believe that the Typhoon will be to Saudi Arabia what the F-16 is to Israel if not more.

I started this thread to point out some aspects of the Saudi acquisition of the EF-2000 fighter that many believe is just another "Fancy toy" or just a buy of a certain amount of numbers with nothing else involved and many who believe it is just another "waste of money"

What I will post here is show the great ambition Saudi Arabia as a country and what the RSAF expectations and dream about this superb Multi-role Fighter. And why this plane will in due time be the first REAL Saudi-fighter to fly the Saudi Arabian skies.

Arabian Aerospace - Saudis countdown to Typhoon service entry

"A contract for the acquisition of 72 Eurofighter Typhoon aircraft (together with training, support and technology transfer agreements) was finally signed on 29 August 2007, and this was publicly confirmed on 17 September 2007. The new deal is known as 'Project Salam"

"From an early stage, it became apparent that the Al Salam programme would involve an unprecedented degree of defence technology transfer to a Middle Eastern country, including the establishment of a Typhoon assembly line in Saudi Arabia. Though the first 24 Typhoons ordered for the Royal Saudi Air Force would be diverted from a UK Royal Air Force order, and would thus be assembled at BAE Systems’ Warton plant, the remaining 48 aircraft (including six two-seaters) would be assembled in-country"

First: The creation of an assembly plant along with production of its spare parts in Saudi Arabia:

Technican training for Typhoon assembly in Saudi Arabia begins

"Initial training is taking place in Saudi Arabia. "The second part of the training will take place in the UK," says Tayeb, who adds that well over 100 new jobs will be created and that Alsalam will be the local technicians' employer"

"A further four have since been delivered to Saudi Arabia, with two more scheduled to be delivered by year-end. In the 18-month period that the balance of UK-built Typhoons are delivered to Saudi Arabia, the new, purpose-built final assembly will be stood up in the kingdom."

This article also pose an interesting read: Arabian Aerospace - Phoon a friend?

2: Avionics and Fighter Electronics:
Rockwell Collins and Advanced Electronics Company form strategic alliance in the Middle East

"Under the agreement, AEC will collaborate with Rockwell Collins to design, develop, manufacture, test and market avionics, electronics, navigation and communications solutions for air, ground and maritime applications in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East." This the most interesting part of the deal".

3: Radars: Selex Galileo KACST collaborate on high-level technology transfer | A1SaudiArabia.com

"Selex Galileo, a leading international defense electronics company, has collaborated with King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST) to perform joint research and development projects in radio frequency, radar, communications, laser, electro-optics (eo) and infra-red technologies"

As you can see this one is not just a ToT but a joint research on the future AESA radar going to be installed on the Typhoon.

4-Even the Targeting Pod which will be installed on the Typhoon will be Saudi made and this is an example:
laserguidingsystems.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Which is made by ToT from Thales.

I realize that this does not qualify it as a full Saudi fighter not even close. But the amount of ToT and ambition being put on this plane has never happened in Saudi Arabia. This is why i believe that the Typhoon will be to Saudi Arabia what the F-16 is to Israel if not more.

The targetting pod is Damocles..So is it going to be made in Saudi?

The targetting pod is Damocles..So is it going to be made in Saudi?

It is already made in Saudi Arabia and have seen combat in Yemen. And performed very well. it was fitted on the Tornado that made the air strikes there.

This is awesome news from our Saudi brothers. Saudi defence has always been percieved as being a little too US-dependant, at the mercy of US-origin weapons and with the US base on Arabian soil.

This could be a great step towards moving away from that.

Sexcellent news !

I hope this can continue, with greater percentage of local production.
Thus Saudi Arabia will have technology and and industry to rely upon.

Sexcellent news !

I hope this can continue, with greater percentage of local production.
Thus Saudi Arabia will have technology and and industry to rely upon.

Now, that was naughty :lol:

This is awesome news from our Saudi brothers. Saudi defence has always been percieved as being a little too US-dependant, at the mercy of US-origin weapons and with the US base on Arabian soil.

This could be a great step towards moving away from that.

I joined this forum to correct this misconception :)

hmmm the day after the oil wells dry is going to tell us the real state of Saudia.

@ Mosa on paper everything is good. But then again it is only on a piece of paper.

Too bad your dreams of Oil running out won't come quickly and by that time we would have already got rid of reliance on it.

looks like saudia has finally woke up..after the americans sold them every.bullet used against saddam at ten times the price...
good news..i am happy.

mosa is it any plans to produce the eurofighter locally in Saudi?

Too bad your dreams of Oil running out won't come quickly and by that time we would have already got rid of reliance on it.

My friend i would not dare dream such a pathetic thing. It is the land of the prophets and responsible for getting us out of the darkness of ignorance.

However easy money has never lifted anyone to heights of glory or fulfilled dreams of self sufficiency.

My friend i would not dare dream such a pathetic thing. It is the land of the prophets and responsible for getting us out of the darkness of ignorance.

However easy money has never lifted anyone to heights of glory or fulfilled dreams of self sufficiency.

Which is now being used and invested in a correct way including Education and World class Factories, universities and Research facilities. We have the biggest amount of Student studying abroad 140,000 Saudis studying in Universities around the world and about 100 factories opening up in KSA each year.

Back
Top Bottom