What's new

The Reign of Non-History

Anything that we consumed whether an idealogy or any other physical objects or virtual objects should be within a limits.
Excessive consumption of something ,be it an ideology ,luxuries or any such things or even elixir would turn as poison and destroy us.Similar goes to this same concern that showed in this article.Excessive propogation of Hindutva and destroying history for the sake of it would be a disaster .
But as a Hindu or a former RSS member ,I dont think we can compare this situation with Pakistan.First of all except for political purposes common Hindus dont even care about Hinduism.Neither they allow strict version ,something like sharia nor they use religious thing for their daily life.Perhaps that is the foundation of Hinduism.So even if Y S Rao try to change history drastically I dont think it can even make a slightest change Indians minds.

But, for some certain extent this is also severe failure of our established historians and experts.Because they dont have anything in their hands to counter this ideology .Our former governments always ignored demands of our Archaeology and history departments.They dont have the latest tech or facilities.Mean while Wesern historians are burning through our valuable assets with their advanced facilities .Sad state of affairs indeed. @Joe Shearer

Last edited:
Bengal school textbook labels Khudiram Bose and Prafulla Chaki as terrorists : East, News - India Today

mamata_650_080714085214.jpg

Correct version of history?

I cam across numerous people calling genetic studies outcome by prestigious international institutions as 'Hindutva' propaganda. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

Why would anyone do something like that?

Now, Indians have greater to internet and history is no more feeding like version in old days. People can learn different perspective and can decide it themselves.

Then they will learn all the wrong things. Some random idiot writing out his fantasies does not rate the same as a peer reviewed academician who knows his subject and has worked on it for years. This is not a food court we are talking about.

Curiouser and curiouser.

I cam across numerous people calling genetic studies outcome by prestigious international institutions as 'Hindutva' propaganda. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

Why would anyone do something like that?

Now, Indians have greater to internet and history is no more feeding like version in old days. People can learn different perspective and can decide it themselves.

Then they will learn all the wrong things. Some random idiot writing out his fantasies does not rate the same as a peer reviewed academician who knows his subject and has worked on it for years. This is not a food court we are talking about.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Oh, that's what it was?

what? the Marxist historian bit? That was sarcasm, thus the ;) emoticon. Sorry if I failed to convey my humor properly. I usually put (sarcasm) after the end of my sentence just so that I don't end up antagonizing people over the internet.

I actually agreed with a lot of the stuff you said.

A bit puzzled with the negative rating you gave though. I wasn't trolling or anything :unsure:

That's easily fixed. Just a quick edit will do it.

My comment in relation to accusing him of being a Marxist historian was supposed to be sarcastic. Why would I suddenly take the side of those who i have a rocky relationship with in this forum? (saffronists)

Nehru supporting AND Marxist? Whew. Had a bad morning, did we?

Because genetic studies don't support the North Indian are Aryans and South India are Dravidians race instead it shows people are mixed from common races. So, many people openly told me genetic studies are 'Hindutva' propaganda. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

It shouldn't. If somebody is so dim-witted as to call this simple fact 'Hindutva' propaganda, YOU know what to do.

Maybe, maybe not.
So what is the correct version, according to you?

Anything that we consumed whether an idealogy or any other physical objects or virtual objects should be within a limits.
Excessive consumption of something ,be it an ideology ,luxuries or any such things or even elixir would turn as poison and destroy us.Similar goes to this same concern that showed in this article.Excessive propogation of Hindutva and destroying history for the sake of it would be a disaster .
But as a Hindu or a former RSS member ,I dont think we can compare this situation with Pakistan.First of all except for political purposes common Hindus dont even care about Hinduism.Neither they allow strict version ,something like sharia nor they use religious thing for their daily life.Perhaps that is the foundation of Hinduism.So even if Y S Rao try to change history drastically I dont think it can even make a slightest change Indians minds.

But, for some certain extent this is also severe failure of our established historians and experts.Because they dont have anything in their hands to counter this ideology .Our former governments always ignored demands of our Archaeology and history departments.They dont have the latest tech or facilities.Mean while Wesern historians are burning through our valuable assets with their advanced facilities .Sad state of affairs indeed. @Joe Shearer

Why did you tag me?

British missionaries cannot tolerate dissent , Just got a negative rating.8-)

You seem to know a LOT of British missionaries. Are they seeking you out, or are you seeking them out?

Last edited:
Oh, that's what it was?

It shouldn't. If somebody is so dim-witted as to call this simple fact 'Hindutva' propaganda, YOU know what to do.

Maybe, maybe not.
So what is the correct version, according to you?

Why did you tag me?

You seem to know a LOT of British missionaries. Are they seeking you out, or are you seeking them out?

You know a lot about history .But these are difficulties faced by our dept?Am I right?

Back
Top Bottom