What's new

The Partition and the Muslim Minorities of West Bengal, 1947-1967

Who gives a damn about the partition. We are now an independent Bengal, the only one. I hope The rest of Bengal (West Bengal) will awake from sleep from being a colony of India.

I am proud of being a part of Shadhin Bangla (Bangladesh), not the poradhin Bangla (W. Bengal). lol.

Who gives a damn about the partition. We are now an independent Bengal, the only one. I hope The rest of Bengal (West Bengal) will awake from sleep from being a colony of India.

I am proud of being a part of Shadhin Bangla (Bangladesh), not the poradhin Bangla (W. Bengal). lol.

The thing is, western Bengal isnt a colony of India. And I dare you to ask any Bengali in India, they will tell you the same damn thing. Get a clue.

West Bengal is India my delusional friend, and India is no ones colony. Unlike you guys, who were getting belted for using your own language:lol:

Gonjo said:
I hope The rest of Bengal (West Bengal) will awake from sleep from being a colony of India.

Who wrote 'Jana Gana Mana' ? Or should I say জন গণ মন :rofl:

Can you wait for a few more months to liberate our Bengalis... India is fencing the whole boundary and will electrify it. The more I see such comments the better I feel about our BSF actions at the BD border.

Shadhin Bangla (Bangladesh), poradhin Bangla (W. Bengal). lol.

W. Bengal is ruled by India, And the India is ruled by the mainly Hindi Speaking people.

Do Bangladesh is ruled by Hindi Speaking ppl? Lol.

A colony is colony, there is nothing more pride than owning a nations by own peoples ethnicity. So, i am definitely proud of being an independent Bengali, not an dependent identity losing Bengali like W. bengal.

Shadhin Bangla (Bangladesh), poradhin Bangla (W. Bengal). lol.

W. Bengal is ruled by India, And the India is ruled by the mainly Hindi Speaking people.

Do Bangladesh is ruled by Hindi Speaking ppl? Lol.

A colony is colony, there is nothing more pride than owning a nations by own peoples ethnicity. So, i am definitely proud of being an independent Bengali, not an dependent identity losing Bengali like W. bengal.

Seems there were reasons behind Biharis not considering Bangladesh as their country.

The Prime Minister of India is Punjabi, Home Minister is Tamil, Finance Minister is Bengali, Agricultural Minister is Marathi, Defense Minister Keralite; none of them are native speakers of Hindi/Urdu in a country where almost 50% people register Hindi as their native tongue. This is India for you.

Sometimes the poor Hindi speakers are vindicated for no reasons at all! :lol:

Can i ask a question? when pakistan was formed after partition, they gave the name pakistan so it could represent various ethnic groups. Since today's bangladesh was part of paksitan that time, they didnt have any representation in that name(pakistan), same thing goes to urdo speakers. may i ask why was that?

Seems there were reasons behind Biharis not considering Bangladesh as their country.

The Prime Minister of India is Punjabi, Home Minister is Tamil, Finance Minister is Bengali, Agricultural Minister is Marathi, Defense Minister Keralite; none of them are native speakers of Hindi/Urdu in a country where almost 50% people register Hindi as their native tongue. This is India for you.

Sometimes the poor Hindi speakers are vindicated for no reasons at all! :lol:

And, they have to talk in Hindi this is the fact. Forced to talk actually. Where we force others here to talk in Bengali. Eg: The tribal, Bihari people.

And, Bihari's are Bihari not Bengali people - our general views. And, they know it.

Can i ask a question? when pakistan was formed after partition, they gave the name pakistan so it could represent various ethnic groups. Since today's bangladesh was part of paksitan that time, they didnt have any representation in that name(pakistan), same thing goes to urdo speakers. may i ask why was that?

Yap, i should ask the same question too. Why East bengal's E or B was not in the countries name Pakistan when it was formed. So, view about us was definitely for short term for sure.

Yap, i should ask the same question too. Why East bengal's E or B was not in the countries name Pakistan when it was formed. So, view about us was definitely for short term for sure.

Is the name of a country supposed / expected to be an acronym comprising of the states that form it ?

The Russian federation or China would go crazy trying to figure a name for itself if we were to go by this.

And, they have to talk in Hindi this is the fact. Forced to talk actually. Where we force others here to talk in Bengali. Eg: The tribal, Bihari people.

And, Bihari's are Bihari not Bengali people - our general views. And, they know it.

Bro, get a damn clue!! There are Indians like me that dont understand a word of Hindi, and still proud of being an Indian. We dont consider ourselves to be occupied. There are Indian-Bengali members ask them if they feel any less Indian. Get a clue, seriously.

@Gonjo You should not have even tried after this comment.

Eh except MMS none of them can speak Hindi, Pranab Mukherjee does speak Hindi but in an accent which only bongs can decipher! :lol:

Yes I see, you're a Bengali chauvinist, how exactly are you any different than those Pakistani Punjabis who forced you to speak Urdu?

That is because those who coined the term Pakistan never thought East Bengal as part of Pakistan, it was never meant to be and undone at the course of time.

Not so sure about Urdu speakers.

That is because those who coined the term Pakistan never thought East Bengal as part of Pakistan, it was never meant to be and undone at the course of time.

Not so sure about Urdu speakers.

The All India Muslim League (the political party that proposed the creation of Pakistan) was formed in Dhaka (now in Bangladesh). Bangladeshis wanted to get away from India just as much as Pakistan did. If you dont believe me ask Bangladeshis in this forum.

And the two nation theory is still valid, since Bangladesh (which was also part of British India before 1947) decided to be its own country instead of joining India.

Back
Top Bottom