What's new

The mysterious J-19

Akasa

Reaction score
Country
Canada
A mysterious aircraft named the J-19 has been recently discussed. It has been described in many ways, but here are some of the claims:

Huitong mentions in his J-15 post that the J-19 is a carrier-based semi-stealth fighter under development at SAC:

http://cnair.top81.cn/fighter/J-13.jpg

Huitong also mentions in his J-16 post that the designation "J-19" may be applied to a stealthy version of the J-11.

A post from CJDBY agrees with Huitong's J-16 post that the J-19 is a stealthy variant of the J-11:

¼ß11-¼ß19Ðͺŷ¢Õ¹ÄÚÄ»[Page:1] - ¿Õ¾ü°æ - ³¬¼¶´ó±¾Óª¾üÊÂÂÛ̳ - ×î¾ßÓ°ÏìÁ¦¾üÊÂÂÛ̳ Super Military Forum Of China

Finally, recent articles appearing on Chinese internet (including Xinhua) reported that a new carrier-based fighter-bomber called the J-19 has been released:

解放军æ¼19战斗轰炸机曝光_图片频道_新华网

From these articles, it seems that J-19 might most likely be a carrier-based fighter, assuming that it exists.

Any thoughts? Could this be the same plane as the "Silent Flanker" or the J-16?

I think its a further improved Silent Flanker that will compete with the T-50 in the 4.75+(almost 5th gen) category...Go China...:china:

You mean the J-19 and the Silent Flanker are different projects?

I'm going to create a post on cjdby and someone will quote me as a "source". Some people will eat up anything from that place. SAC has two confirmed project as of now, the J-15 and the IV Gen. Anything else is pure speculation.

I'm going to create a post on cjdby and someone will quote me as a "source". Some people will eat up anything from that place. SAC has two confirmed project as of now, the J-15 and the IV Gen. Anything else is pure speculation.

It's not from CJDBY, my friend.

The Mysterious And Much Anticipated J-19

Huitong also has information on it as well as a picture.

It's not from CJDBY, my friend.

The Mysterious And Much Anticipated J-19

Huitong also has information on it as well as a picture.
Huitong has been wrong before. He's a defence enthusiast just like you and I, only that he spends more time searching up this stuff. Unless it's coming from either pupu, peishens or huzhigeng, take it with a grain of salt.

Huitong has been wrong before. He's a defence enthusiast just like you and I, only that he spends more time searching up this stuff. Unless it's coming from either pupu, peishens or huzhigeng, take it with a grain of salt.

So you choose pupu, peishens, and huzhigeng, who are still civilians, over another civilian named Huitong? And they are supposed to be the "sources"?

Seriously, don't you find that a bit ironic?

So you choose pupu, peishens, and huzhigeng, who are still civilians, over another civilian named Huitong? And they are supposed to be the "sources"?

Seriously, don't you find that a bit ironic?
Heh, for a person that knows so little about cjdby, you sure love to quote some unknown newbie. Let's ignore that pupu was an ex-military liason to Pakistan/Saudi Arabia for a moment and concentrate on huzhigeng and peishens. One works in a subordinate company responsible for aerodynamic design under CAC and the other is in the navy. In addition, there's 东沟 who is actually a PLAAF pilot. It's painfully obvious that you are unfamiliar with the place and its members. Sadly for you, Huitong is not in the same category.

So yes, I do believe where I am getting my info is more credible.

Heh, for a person that knows so little about cjdby, you sure love to quote some unknown newbie. Let's ignore that pupu was an ex-military liason to Pakistan/Saudi Arabia for a moment and concentrate on huzhigeng and peishens. One works in a subordinate company responsible for aerodynamic design under CAC and the other is in the navy. In addition, there's 东沟 who is actually a PLAAF pilot. It's painfully obvious that you are unfamiliar with the place and its members. Sadly for you, Huitong is not in the same category.

So yes, I do believe where I am getting my info is more credible.

So these people can leak stuff about the military without any setbacks? Come on, we all know China doesn't work that way.

I posted the J-11-J-19 article because it struck me that all the information from J-11 to J-15 was completely accurate and his J-16 assessment matches that of Huitong's.

I never called it "insider information", it was he who did, but that's another story.

So these people can leak stuff about the military without any setbacks? Come on, we all know China doesn't work that way.

I posted the J-11-J-19 article because it struck me that all the information from J-11 to J-15 was completely accurate and his J-16 assessment matches that of Huitong's.

I never called it "insider information", it was he who did, but that's another story.
They don't "leak" any actual sensitive information and each of them has their own style of posting. For guys like pupu and peishens, they like to post seemingly irrelevant statements in which people need a bit of interpretation ability to understand what they are referring to. Huzhigeng stated the general layout of the J-20 as far back as 2008, and he's been providing updates every now and then. They know their limits on what can be posted online. American companies are alot more open in terms of allowing information flow, and yet they will never give out any sensitive information.

Example:
²»Òª×öÃÎÁË£¬ÍÁ±î½¢ÔØ»úÓëF/A-18E/F´æÔڽϴó²î¾à¡£[Page:1] - ¿Õ¾ü°æ - ³¬¼¶´ó±¾Óª¾üÊÂÂÛ̳ - ×î¾ßÓ°ÏìÁ¦¾üÊÂÂÛ̳ Super Military Forum Of China

Nothing is being "leaked" here, but it's useful nonetheless.

They don't "leak" any actual sensitive information and each of them has their own style of posting. For guys like pupu and peishens, they like to post seemingly irrelevant statements in which people need a bit of interpretation ability to understand what they are referring to. Huzhigeng stated the general layout of the J-20 as far back as 2008, and he's been providing updates every now and then. They know their limits on what can be posted online. American companies are alot more open in terms of allowing information flow, and yet they will never give out any sensitive information.

Example:
²»Òª×öÃÎÁË£¬ÍÁ±î½¢ÔØ»úÓëF/A-18E/F´æÔڽϴó²î¾à¡£[Page:1] - ¿Õ¾ü°æ - ³¬¼¶´ó±¾Óª¾üÊÂÂÛ̳ - ×î¾ßÓ°ÏìÁ¦¾üÊÂÂÛ̳ Super Military Forum Of China

Nothing is being "leaked" here, but it's useful nonetheless.

Alright, I'm just going to get to the point.

A US analyst named James Dunnigan told me that he got the J-19 from his sources within China and that there are lots of speculation on the J-19's development. Huitong also posts the J-19 on his post.

Alright, I'm just going to get to the point.

A US analyst named James Dunnigan told me that he got the J-19 from his sources within China and that there are lots of speculation on the J-19's development. Huitong also posts the J-19 on his post.
There are no confirmation of any J-19 besides the rumors of a few. Up until late last year, some thought J-20 was designated as J-13 or J-14. Huitong's post are not in the same standard as people I normally listen to.

Sorry, not buying it.

Since I don't want to open additional thread, a bit of info from peishens. Looks like a modified J-11 (J-16?) along the lines of F-15E, a UCAV and a 4th Gen will unveil this year.

Since I don't want to open additional thread, a bit of info from peishens. Looks like a modified J-11 (J-16?) along the lines of F-15E, a UCAV and a 4th Gen will unveil this year.

glad to see a virtuous competition between the two companies,did he mention what 601's 4th gen will looks like?

Back
Top Bottom