What's new

The murder of history in Pakistan

Why do i need to draw comparison, this comparison is nothing more denial. I live in Pakistan and my concern is Pakistan. My question remains unasnwered!

There were certainly some embellishments but that was for the purpose of nation building. It is ridiculous to even to be critical of Pakistan when every nation on earth follows the same exact pattern.

How many of your books talk proudly of Arungzeb or Babar or Tipu Sultan?

History is a narrative of the people. Pakistan's narrative is that of a proud Islamic people. We don't need to go into tiny details of things outside that narrative.

Aurangzeb no!!
But yes, it talks proudly about babur and Tipu sultan..
Infact Babur was myy Idol in childhood, knowing, he led an army at 11...
Later through media, i came to know some of his atrocities... But yet i admire Babur...
And Tipu sultan is highly decorated in indian history.. He is a freedom fighter against the british.. and i like him..
However the best muslim kings are Sher shah Suri and Akbar...
But still we learn about all the kings in our history, which u dont...
U havent answered my question yet!!
Does these history appear in ur books or not?
If not, then it is called MURDER OF HISTORY

History is a narrative of the people. Pakistan's narrative is that of a proud Islamic people. We don't need to go into tiny details of things outside that narrative.
History is about facts, not about being proud or otherwise. Our textbook cover enough of the guys you mentioned, but there is no sentiment only hard cold facts like it should be.

This thread is a revelation...not for Indians per se, but for those Pakistani's claiming false history. Though I want to but I cannot thank dark wave for this for apparent reasons. Kudos to Mr.Aziz and to those Pakistani's who are open to discussion and to rectify the mentioned falseness that is spread through generations of Pakistani kids, it's Pakistani's who are exposing the distortions not Indians all of us respect such individuals.

I hope this thread does not get closed or deleted for posterity's sake and we can always fall back on the thread to counter the lies.

There were certainly some embellishments but that was for the purpose of nation building. It is ridiculous to even to be critical of Pakistan when every nation on earth follows the same exact pattern.

Where on earth we have blatant lies and hatred in text books? North Korea?

Why should i not be critical of this, the textbooks actually groom people to get confused and with introduction of all the pan Islamic stuff we have a confused nation which cannot even dare properly condemn the monsters which are eating her. Everything gets termed a conspiracy and any one daring to differ is a self hater

This thread is a revelation...not for Indians per se, but for those Pakistani's claiming false history. Though I want to but I cannot thank dark wave for this for apparent reasons. Kudos to Mr.Aziz and to those Pakistani's who are open to discussion and to rectify the mentioned falseness that is spread through generations of Pakistani kids, it's Pakistani's who are exposing the distortions not Indians all of us respect such individuals.

I hope this thread does not get closed or deleted for posterity's sake and we can always fall back on the thread to counter the lies.

LoL - it goes to show who DW is batting for, her indian friends appreciate her sentiments.

Fair enough; what should we do about it though? Make peace with India, vacate Kashmir, and start begging for India's friendship?
Lovely.

Unfortunately, that is another facet of this inculcated thought process that we are very reactionary.
What we do not comprehend immediately, we condemn and preach against it..and are at best extremely inflexible in our opinions.

What if there are a number of untruths that have been taught?
Will it not do us good to learn about them, and see how they have effected our society negatively?

Immediately after the 65 war, Indian military planners mounted a thorough study of the conflict and all mistakes that were made in it from top to bottom...
the result was that in 71, they were better prepared and better led against us.. and for all purposes gave us a thrashing on the ground..even today, Indian historians continue to do their best to glean out false stories of glory from actual gallantry.
In contrast...Pakistan under Ayub Khan ended up awarding all sorts of medals on false pretexts..and those who ran away from the field of battle or half rolled away when they saw a IAF aircraft were awarded distinctions along with pieces of land ,and to the dismay of the actual heroes..ended up in posts of command when they should have been thrown out.
But was understandable when Ayub Khan himself, who was considered a third rate soldier by the Quaid ended up taking over the country and then went on to award himself a "Hilal-e-Jurat"...for what? The man never stepped on the battlefield or made any intelligent decisions. To rub salt on those wounds.. He then carried out the murder of history by making sure that text books were published that told the "true" version of history.

It is time we stop being a stuck up nation, end this self deceiving tirade of "liberals", "extremists" and the "beghairat and ghairat Brigades". If we are to fix Pakistan today.. it has to be without prejudice and with extreme commitment to researching a wide range of solutions.
Hiding like like an ostrich to the truth.. or bellowing like a wet cat pointing them out will do us no good.
If you know something is wrong AFTER you have researched about it.. then do something.. even if its just putting 500rs in a box for it.

I have read about them all in my history textbooks..Their rule,their achievements and contributions..Only aurangazieb was mentioned in a little negative light(killed his brother,re established jizya) at the same time i remember being taught that he was one of the only few indian king who was overly cautious not to take a single penny from state treasury for his personnel needs(He earned his livelyhood by sewing caps).But never have i seen even a single page of fabricated history in my kerala state curriculum.

Aurangzeb no!!
But yes, it talks proudly about babur and Tipu sultan..
Infact Babur was myy Idol in childhood, knowing, he led an army at 11...
Later through media, i came to know some of his atrocities... But yet i admire Babur...
And Tipu sultan is highly decorated in indian history.. He is a freedom fighter against the british.. and i like him..
However the best muslim kings are Sher shah Suri and Akbar...
But still we learn about all the kings in our history, which u dont...
U havent answered my question yet!!
Does these history appear in ur books or not?
If not, then it is called MURDER OF HISTORY

Of course I didn't
Why would I learn about Indian history in My Canadian education?

ANd yes I did answer your question.
History is a narrative of the people.
In my Canadian History we were taught about how great the European settlers were and how they brought all the good things with them. We were never taught how they butchered the natives or how they stole the land.

As for Pakistan, if we taught about every single king who ruled, then people would have to stay in school till they were 40.
Those kings are not important in our narrative.

And your arguments seem very childish in a serious debate. We are not afflicted with inferiority complex also we do not want to be grouped with Pakistanis, who would want to group themselves with guys like you when they are ashamed of their history. We know the history which you deny so vehemently, first accept that and then you can gladly contribute, till then you are only ranting and being a kid.

+1

Why are you here then. It does not compute.
I said guys like you, the op himself has come out of this twisted history and can see things clearly.

Regarding me coming here. I will go where I am allowed and follow the rules, I dont care what jingoistic feeling you have about a forum which has a name of your country. What else do you want to hear?

You mean Rape, coerce, convert and then give respect??

What was percentage of Hindu population in 47 and what is the percentage now in pakistan?

I suppose Gujrat was just a big understanding, and 47 there was killing on all sides, not just by us.

LoL - it goes to show who DW is batting for, her indian friends appreciate her sentiments.

The reason why I was hesitant to thank her...lest she be labeled as an India lover...which is absolutely false. She must be more patriotic than any other Pakistani.

Back
Top Bottom