What's new

The Militarization of Post-Khomeini Iran: Praetorianism 2.0

ResurgentIran

Reaction score
http://csis.org/files/publication/twq11winterhentovgonzalez.pdf

Very interesting read that I would recommend. I may not agree with everything in it, but I do agree with the main theme that Iran has almost become a full fledged praetorian-style military state.
After Khamenei's death the transformation will be complete.

@haman10 @rahi2357 @SOHEIL @Serpentine @New @MTN1917 @Gilamard @S00R3NA @raptor22 @mohsen @kollang @JEskandari @Surenas @jack 86000 @ای ایران @Abii @Hussein @iranigirl2 @Chak Bamu @Desert Fox @Shapur Zol Aktaf

Your thoughts

even in USA , the NRA / AIPAC / MIC / CIA /NSA are very very powerful .but it doesn't mean that the usa is a military state

almost all of states in our region are Threat for us......add US/Zion/NATO to this list.....we have many failed states around our borders

we have no choice... we must be powerful and ready for fast response , unless we want to be a failed state among the others...

Last edited:
You've underestimated Rafsanjani and his role in Assembly of Experts

I hope that eventually we will not be drawn into a power struggle .

every one knows that the Ayat khamenei first past tow terms of presidency and then become leader .....
i Guess that same is happens for rouhani

Mod edit

Last edited:
http://csis.org/files/publication/twq11winterhentovgonzalez.pdf

Very interesting read that I would recommend. I may not agree with everything in it, but I do agree with the main theme that Iran has almost become a full fledged praetorian-style military state.
After Khamenei's death the transformation will be complete.

@haman10 @rahi2357 @SOHEIL @Serpentine @New @MTN1917 @Gilamard @S00R3NA @raptor22 @mohsen @kollang @JEskandari @Surenas @jack 86000 @ای ایران @Abii @Hussein @iranigirl2 @Chak Bamu @Desert Fox @Shapur Zol Aktaf

Your thoughts

Interesting article, but the significance remains unclear. The dynamics have not changed: the autocratic Shah was replaced by the autocratic Ayatollahs, who in turn are displaced by the autocratic IRGC. Not much has changed, there.

The glaring weakness is the disconnect from the people. The Ayatollahs solved that with the religious legitimization of their rule, but the IRGC is back to the illegitimate situation of the Shah, since the IRGC has no religious credentials.

It seems like a recipe for instability (whether that means a coup by the IRGC, a coup by the sidelined military, or a revolution by the thus-far ignored and exploited citizenry).

ey khoda baad migin chera enghad asabani hasi hamash be joon hame mipari :D

chi begam akhe man be nafar balasari ? :D

@rahi2357 @SOHEIL ye rahi bezarin jelo pa akhe

Interesting article, but the significance remains unclear. The dynamics have not changed: the autocratic Shah was replaced by the autocratic Ayatollahs, who in turn are displaced by the autocratic IRGC. Not much has changed, there.
The glaring weakness is the disconnect from the people. The Ayatollahs solved that with the religious legitimization of their rule, but the IRGC is back to the illegitimate situation of the Shah, since the IRGC has no religious credentials.
It seems like a recipe for instability (whether that means a coup by the IRGC, a coup by the sidelined military, or a revolution by the thus-far ignored and exploited citizenry).
go read some of that wikipedia of yours then come back sweety .

the post above clearly shows u r just a normal potato american with access to Fox news and thats it :|

zero knowledge of stuff .

no offence intended my dear friend

it is Results of media propaganda on westerners mind ....
such a strange logic....
i happy to see that....

Last edited:
it is Results of western medias on westerners ....
such a strange logic....
i happy to see that....
Your English language skills are lacking. You barely understand what he's trying to say and your response is not understandable. I think it's better for everybody involved if you refrain from debates that require a solid grasp of the English language.

Again, your response makes absolutely no sense.

Back
Top Bottom