What's new

The Importance of Being Secular

I know you are in a pissing match with Paritosh, but I just found out something pretty interesting.

India had pretty large number of non-Hindus rule the country There were 6 non-Hindu presidents S. RadhaKrishnan (Perennial Philosophy) , Zakir Hussain, Hidayatullah, Fakruddin Ali Ahmed, Giani Zail Singh and Abdul Kalam.

When it comes to prime ministers, Nehru was an atheist. Indira was a "secularist" married to a Parsi. Rajiv was married to a Christian, but I think adopted Hinduism (not sure). Manmohan Singh is Sikh.

The last head of RAW, Hormis Tharakan is a Christian.

When it comes to Chief Ministers, YV Reddy of Andhra is a Christian. Kerala and West Bengal are ruled by Communists (Atheist). Tamilnadu (Karunanidhi) is Atheist/non-Hindu. Kashmir is ruled by Omar Abdullah - Muslim and Punjab by Sikh.

I think that there is reasonable evidence that not just the state, but even the people of India are pretty secular.

I am suddenly slightly more proud about my country after the research!!

Please do not misguide people with your poor account of knowledge. Yes not all names you cited are wrong, but some of them are really.

First of all, Radhakrisnan was not non-Hindu. He was a Brahmin indeed.

Nehru himself never claimed to be an atheist. How can you claim Mr? The Parsi drama is again misleading. They are no more non-Hindus. And particularly it does not matter who was married to whom in a Hinduized system.

Kerala's story is different as for every five year there is a change in regime in assembly election. And apart from West Bengal, Tripura is also under communist govt.

Communists are fighting hard to go to the centre. To achieve complete secularism, the central govt must be a communist government.

Please do not misguide people with your poor account of knowledge. Yes not all names you cited are wrong, but some of them are really.

First of all, Radhakrisnan was not non-Hindu. He was a Brahmin indeed.

Nehru himself never claimed to be an atheist. How can you claim Mr? The Parsi drama is again misleading. They are no more non-Hindus. And particularly it does not matter who was married to whom in a Hinduized system.

Kerala's story is different as for every five year there is a change in regime in assembly election. And apart from West Bengal, Tripura is also under communist govt.

Communists are fighting hard to go to the centre. To achieve complete secularism, the central govt must be a communist government.

I think you need to read again your communists manefesto again, it strives to create more of homongenous society. here is the link Communist Manifesto Study Questions

Jews did very well in India. Most of them are gone back to Israel.

I think Mumbai had three Jewish mayors, Goa had one Jewish Mayor, Chennai also had a Jewish Mayor (different title) and Bollywood was started by Jews.

OK perfect NAME 10 muslim PRIME MINSTERS IN INDIA,NAME 10 MUSLIM RAW CHIEFS IN INDIA oops u can't so yes my friehd patriosh do i conclude rom ur experimental analysis that INDIA IS ALSO NOT SECULAR BUT A hindu STATE. the muslim president is exactly the same as our sikh army man.....:hitwall: please patrorish come back with something more substiantial....cuz like i said if u want me 2 believe india is secular then u also have 2 say pakistan is SECULAR...according 2 ur own examples.....

India had some 17 PMs. Muslim percentage in Indian population is about 13%. And you want 10 Muslim PMs to prove secularity of India? A bit far stretched, isn't it? :enjoy:

Only then India can become truly secular when India is a communist country. It is only the communists who are as educated as can understand the connotation of secularism. And India without being a communist country has no other way around.

Well, speaking the truth, I have never understood what Communism (or communists) really want? Mulayam sing, SP leader has asked to ban English education, computers and use of machines. :crazy:

May be, they have all idea what secularism is. But surely, they don't know how to practically implement the things.

P.S. - Don't you, being a communist, want to be a part of "Islamic Republic of Pakistan"? Asking just out of curiosity.

Well, speaking the truth, I have never understood what Communism (or communists) really want? Mulayam sing, SP leader has asked to ban English education, computers and use of machines. :crazy:

May be, they have all idea what secularism is. But surely, they don't know how to practically implement the things.

Why did you refer to Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam? :crazy:

Atheists claim Nehru Famous Atheists,
or Atheism in Hinduism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What about this “The spectacle of what is called religion, or at any rate organized religion, in India and elsewhere, has filled us with horror, and I have frequently condemned it and wished to make a clean sweep of it.”
– Jawaharlal Nehru

or
“I want nothing to do with any religion concerned with keeping the masses satisfied to live in hunger, *****, and ignorance. I want nothing to do with any order, religious or otherwise, which does not teach people that they are capable of becoming happier and more civilized on this earth, capable of becoming master of his fate and captain of his soul.”

I think even most Indians recognized that he was a non-believer. There was a program on Indian TV about Nehru's book Discovery of India. And it started with the Hindi translation of lines from rig veda which goes "Who created the world"? "Who really knows"? (Nasadiya - The Creation Hymn of Rig Veda)

Parsis are not Hindu, I know a lot of them personally and they have very distinct culture and practices. The most famous being their burial (Tower of silence). They are mainstream, and loved, yes - but their beliefs are far different from Hindu ones.

About Kerala, The congress prime minister , A K Antony is a Syriac Christian by birth, but is an atheist. If you can read Malayalam I can link to an interview from a local newspaper.

Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan had a complicated history with religion. He claimed the Tamil Eternal Philosophy in his books.
-------------------------------------------------
Anyway, none of this matters because these people were not elected because they belonged to a religion or other, but because they were capable. And that is what I am proud of.
And before you talk about Communists in India (who are actually losing voteshare statistically speaking , not gaining in center, why don't you put communists in power in Pakistan ? Would be a great counterbalance to Taliban).

Atheists claim Nehru Famous Atheists,
or Atheism in Hinduism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What about this “The spectacle of what is called religion, or at any rate organized religion, in India and elsewhere, has filled us with horror, and I have frequently condemned it and wished to make a clean sweep of it.”
– Jawaharlal Nehru

or
“I want nothing to do with any religion concerned with keeping the masses satisfied to live in hunger, *****, and ignorance. I want nothing to do with any order, religious or otherwise, which does not teach people that they are capable of becoming happier and more civilized on this earth, capable of becoming master of his fate and captain of his soul.”

I think even most Indians recognized that he was a non-believer. There was a program on Indian TV about Nehru's book Discovery of India. And it started with the Hindi translation of lines from rig veda which goes "Who created the world"? "Who really knows"? (Nasadiya - The Creation Hymn of Rig Veda)

Parsis are not Hindu, I know a lot of them personally and they have very distinct culture and practices. The most famous being their burial (Tower of silence). They are mainstream, and loved, yes - but their beliefs are far different from Hindu ones.

About Kerala, The congress prime minister , A K Antony is a Syriac Christian by birth, but is an atheist. If you can read Malayalam I can link to an interview from a local newspaper.

Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan had a complicated history with religion. He claimed the Tamil Eternal Philosophy in his books.
-------------------------------------------------
Anyway, none of this matters because these people were not elected because they belonged to a religion or other, but because they were capable. And that is what I am proud of.
And before you talk about Communists in India (who are actually losing voteshare statistically speaking , not gaining in center, why don't you put communists in power in Pakistan ? Would be a great counterbalance to Taliban).

Ok let me clear your confusion, though I know, you will continue sticking to the problematic Hindu vision.

No atheists after passing away can go for any religious funeral. Jawaharlal Nehru had a cremation followed by Vedic practices as Hindu Brahmins do after his death. He would not have that type of funeral, had he ever been an atheist. Now if you have time, just think over it. Men are known by their actions, not political speeches.

The Parsi, Jains and Buddhists are other versions of Hinduism.

As I told you Kerala is not always ruled by Communists.

Radhakrisnan was a Hindu revivalist philosopher like Sankaracharya. He was a Brahmin Hindu and that is what I said earlier.

Ok let me clear your confusion, though I know, you will continue sticking to the problematic Hindu vision.

No atheists after passing away can go for any religious funeral. Jawaharlal Nehru had a cremation followed by Vedic practices as Hindu Brahmins do after his death. He would not have that type of funeral, had he ever been an atheist. Now if you have time, just think over it. Men are known by their actions, not political speeches.

The Parsi, Jains and Buddhists are another versions of Hinduism.

As I told you Kerala is not always ruled by Communists.

Radhakrisnan was a Hindu revivalist philosopher like Sankaracharya. He was a Brahmin Hindu and that is what I said earlier.

Nehru did'nt have much say about cremation or not, did he ? He was dead when he was cremated. Atheism is about living without a belief in god. Not how one is treated after dead.

About the Parsi, Jain, Buddhist being Hindus - You speak exactly like Narendra Modi. His "Freedom of Religion" bill said the same and the governor sent it back without signing it because he thought that was against the constitution. Congrats, you have a great friend in India - Modi!!

Sankaracharya was not a contemporary of Radhakrishnan nor a revivalist. If you could read any Tamil, I could point you to some Thirukkural and you would begin to understand what Radhakrishnans philosophy was.

About Kerala, AK Antony is a Congressman, not a Commie. Kerala alternates between Congress and Left every five years. Your ignorance is getting annoying -atleast use wikipedia before you post.
---------------------------
First you have to stop judging people by their birth as Hindus. Their views in life have nothing to do with it and is a bigoted worldview.

Two - I have no respect for a "so called" communist pakistani who wont stand up for a Communism in Pakistan, but pushes his ignorance on Indians.

@wtf,

When a communist dies, his body does not follow religious funeral, better understand it. When a communist dies, his dead body is wrapped up with a Communist flag. When a Bengal communist leader Anil Biswas died, his body was taken to the hospital for medical research as he had offered his whole body to medical research purposes. Almost every communist party member follows the custom.

"Meant to create awareness about the human body and highlight the benefits of donating organs, the club, apparently, is succeeding in its mission. People from all walks of life ? like chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharya, writer Sunil Gangopadhyay, former chief minister Jyoti Basu, Lok Sabha speaker Somnath Chatterjee, mayor Bikashranjan Bhattacharya and theatre personality Rudraprasad Sengupta ? have pledged their bodies for the progress of science and humanity."

The Telegraph - Calcutta : Look

Buddhadeb pledges to donate his body

West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharya has pledged to donate his body for the "advancement of medical sciences".

The general secretary of Ganadarpan, Brojo Roy said that, "The chief minister has always been supporting us in this cause." Ganadarpan is an NGO with which Bhattacharya signed his formal pledge on March 8th.

Bhattacharya joins other communist leaders like Jyoti Basu, Somnath Chatterjee, Anil Biswas and Biman Bose who have also pledged their bodies for medical research.

The 62-year-old chief minister showed his keenness to donate his body three months back. He expressed his wish to Kolkata mayor Bikash Ranjan Bhattacharya, who is also a functionary of Ganadarpan.

While making his pledge, Jyoti Basu had said he had decided to donate his body to spare his family members the trouble of "taking me to the crematorium".

Ganadarpan said about 200,000 people in the state have pledged their bodies so far while some 700 bodies had already been donated for medical research. These kinds of pledges can help to overcome, shortage of organs in India.

Its not so easy to be a communist. You know why the communist flag is red? It is the reason why every power fears the communists. :smokin:

Sankaracharya was not a contemporary of Radhakrishnan nor a revivalist. If you could read any Tamil, I could point you to some Thirukkural and you would begin to understand what Radhakrishnans philosophy was.

About Kerala, AK Antony is a Congressman, not a Commie. Kerala alternates between Congress and Left every five years. Your ignorance is getting annoying -atleast use wikipedia before you post.

What, Sankaracharya was not a Hindu revivalist? Get your facts corrected. When did I say Radhakrisnan was a contemporary of Sankaracharya? I just said about similarities between them in their Hindu missions.

If you do not understand my english, I am sorry, I cannot help. I never said, Kerala is always under communist rule. On the contrary, I rejected your viewpoint. Can you recognize your own comment in this thread?

Kerala and West Bengal are ruled by Communists (Atheist).

@wtf,

Its not so easy to be a communist. You know why the communist flag is red? It is the reason why every power fears the communists. :smokin:

So I take it that when you die, you'll have a will that says you don't want an Islamic burial and that you'll like to be wrapped in a sickle-and-star ? I'll fly to Pakistan to say Lal-Salam then :-) BTW, as a born muslim how does that work with your other beliefs ? Isn't apostacy a crime under Shariah?

Update : Sorry about the comment about your death etc. That was uncalled for. Rethinking about it, I realize that it may give an impression of me holding an ill will towards you. I apologize for that point. My aim was not to wish for death of anyone, just to illustrate the point that how you die may have nothing to do with how you live and to say that your views are incompatible with mainstream communism. I am sure you have internally consistent worldview, I just can't get my hands around what it is.

Last edited:
fateh i wil act i didnot read this to spare u the hurt of going through the LAW again i think i gave u ample facts in that thread but ohh well let's refresh ur memory again

http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...us-discrimination-hindu-majority-india-2.html

please fateh come back with something new.....:tsk:

I don't know what' syour problem, your absolutely stupid assertions are so low quality that they can't even be countered without appearing stupid. 10 muslim PMs? 10 Muslim RAW chiefs? do you have ANY idea what secularism means? you are just debating something without any effort on your side to understand the basics of what you are debating.

Let me admit. based on the 'idea of secularim' you have in your head, india is indeed not secular. Now stop spamming all threads with the same spiel.

The Parsi, Jains and Buddhists are other versions of Hinduism.

I think the confusion in your head is now complete. yes jainism may be confused with hinduism, but zoroashtrianism? its not even indian. and buddhism? On the other hand you claim to be a communist and yet say the following

We must pave the way for rapid Islamization. It is an ideological warfare. Zionist forces are at work. Israeli Zionists are already working with the Hindu Zionists. The counter can be through Islamization. I think, such forums as PDF should have that vision and mission.

Ya Right Communist!!! Tell us more about which indians communists are donating their bodies and we'll actually believe you are a communist!!!

:toast_sign:

Back
Top Bottom