What's new

The hype about Obama's visit to India

militaryforpeace

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hi,

Everyone knows that Obama's going to visit India this Saturday(or Sunday). But look at the hype around it.
For Obama's visit here to Bombay, the streets are being cleaned, potholes in roads are filled, street lamps are being fixed, shops are being closed and that too during a festival like Diwali.

Don't you think this is too much ?

Roads were built because Obama's visiting, or else, they would be probably left lying with ditches. Would that same thing be done if any other important person like Abdul Kalam, whom everyone respects and loves, visited Mumbai ?

I think this shows how we are too dependent on the US.

I would to know others' comments on Obama's visit to India.

And let us see if the same thing happens when Wen Jiabao visits India this December.
And please correct me if I am wrong.

yaar this is wats been happening and the same will happen untill we the sane people of this country start a party and serve the country

Its time to trash congress. they are behaving nerds these days. Its really high time for BJP to cash in the opportunity.

well it is good that something good is happening "obama k bahane hi sahi kuch bhadiya to ho raha hai" and yeah you are right there is too much hype...i personaly feel this..!

But also keep in mind that there is flurry of visits from head of states of various powerfull country's in just next 2 months....

Here is the list they all coming here.....:cheers:

1)obama,then
2)demitri(russian president),then
3)sarkozy(french),then
4)wen jia boa(chiness).

i hope everything goes well:tup:

AND TO ALL INDIANS ON THIS FORUM IF YOU READ THIS POST THEN PLESSSSSSS,,,ITS AN REQUEST

BRING BACK "BJP"... VOTE FOR "BJP" DURING NEXT LOK SABHA ELECTION......BRING BACK THE REAL MAN'S IN POWER AGAIN...:cheers:

Hi,

Everyone knows that Obama's going to visit India this Saturday(or Sunday). But look at the hype around it.
For Obama's visit here to Bombay, the streets are being cleaned, potholes in roads are filled, street lamps are being fixed, shops are being closed and that too during a festival like Diwali.

Roads were built because Obama's visiting, or else, they would be probably left lying with ditches. Would that same thing be done if any other important person like Abdul Kalam, whom everyone respects and loves, visited Mumbai ?

I think this shows how we are too dependent on the US.

And let us see if the same thing happens when Wen Jiabao visits India this December.

:) its called lepa topee like tons of make up.

Its common in sub-continent

If the city gets cleaned and the potholes get repaired then it can't be such a bad thing. They should contrive to get him over more often. But yes, jokes apart, we should not need a VVIP to visit us to keep our cities clean and the roads repaired.

The security around South Mumbai is crazy. I was there after midnight yesterday. Every 1/5 vehicles is a police vehicle. There are check posts every 4-5 kilometers. They even have police vans patrolling the area along with lots of armored vehicles.
It is literally an impregnable fortress.

I don't think its for Obama per se.

Wherever Obama goes abroad, the world media goes. So this is just to make sure India looks good on the world media.

Hi,

Roads were built because Obama's visiting, or else, they would be probably left lying with ditches. Would that same thing be done if any other important person like Abdul Kalam, whom everyone respects and loves, visited Mumbai ?I think this shows how we are too dependent on the US.

Sorry if you do not know, but when our PM, President visits in India and road needs repair. It is done.

Barack Obama's trip to India next month will be the biggest by any US President - with a staggering 40 aircraft and six armoured cars.
Details of the elaborate arrangements for the tree-day presidential visit on November 6 were leaked to Indian newspaper earlier this week.
Forty aircraft - including the Air Force One military plane - and six heavily armoured cars will follow the president around the country.
The huge security operation comes days after a suspected bomb was found on a cargo plane at East Midlands Airport.
The entourage will be the biggest ever in terms of logistics and manpower for any US president.
The president himself will be ferried around in a black Cadillac - dubbed 'Barack Mobile' - which has its own built in communications centre - to enable Obama to be in touch with the White House, US vice president and the US strategic command
The car also has the US nuke launch codes and the nuclear switch for the president. It can also withstand a chemical or germ warfare or even a bomb attack.
Obama will be accompanied on the trip by US first lady Michelle Obama and their daughters Malia and Sasha, according to Indian newspaper Headlines Today.
Earlier, Obama's daughters Sasha and Malia were not to be part of the trip. But Michelle's opinion prevailed and now the girls will accompany the first American couple to India, according to the paper.

Read more: Obama India visit: 'Biggest ever by a US President' with 40 planes and 6 armoured cars | Mail Online

40 aircrafts, I think US should learn to save money, this is wastage of money. I do not think even for security that is needed, he will be not attacked by a airforce. Maximum 10 should be enough.

Back
Top Bottom