What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

I was a body builder, now I m chubby guy weighing 280 LBS. Happy, no regret. Now I occassionaly do power lifting, it suits me more than aesthetics based gym body building. Power Lifting adds more strength to body core.

Define power lifting?

Define Occasional...

Define chubby too? :D

For health purposes the best exercises are cardio based... Weight lifting should just be for fun and 'aesthetics', unless you're are a pro body builder entering competitions or maybe a wrestler...

So how much can you guys bench?

I am NOT into bodybuilding... just want to put-on power & stemina. No intension to build show-off kind of muscles.

I'm at 500 lbs leg-press 5 sets of 30 each...
.........60 lbs on cable-hammer-curls... 7 sets of 30 each...
.........90 lbs bench-press 7 sets of 30 each...
......... jog 13.5 Km (1:30 hrs) NOT regularly though, like once in 2-3 weeks.

How about you guys...???

Been doing the bench press for a while now... and seen some of the biggest builders stick to it forever.

Hmmm muscles won't ever sag. That's biologically impossible.

Either you'll get a layer of fat over them or they will get metabolized over time. But why leave?

I do straight incline and for the lower part decline doesn't even work, body builders are now advising against decline. Do the dips instead.

hahaha im a doc--- i just meant , there is fat over the hypertrophied muscles-which becomes greater if stop going to gym- which gives the impression of over weight / sagging look --

yes, i do dips -- gives a nice distinct lower boundery to pecs!

i do leg curls when i dont feel like doing dead lifts-- i put the pin until 90 -- its the max wt on the machine, but dont know the scale.

squats is 160 kg [4plates each side] -- i think my quads are a bit over dev. as compared to hams...

i dont do leg press-puts a lot stress on knees and lower back -- atleast on the machine in my gym

^^ i did my house job in plastic surgery--- but shifted during fellowship training

I was a body builder during college time but after that left it. No girl, no interest.... common sense! lol

I am NOT into bodybuilding... just want to put-on power & stemina. No intension to build show-off kind of muscles.

I'm at 500 lbs leg-press 5 sets of 30 each...
.........60 lbs on cable-hammer-curls... 7 sets of 30 each...
.........90 lbs bench-press 7 sets of 30 each...
......... jog 13.5 Km (1:30 hrs) NOT regularly though, like once in 2-3 weeks.

How about you guys...???

They are impressive numbers. How much time do you spend in total?

i can go higher than 120 kg on cable crossovers -- but the weight decreases when doing bench press on the controlled smith machines etc

196285_10150100081388059_757033058_6452496_452024_n.jpg

i want to make my body like this guy :devil:

74622_475685823058_757033058_5939163_4158405_n.jpg

and right now i am gaining mass then i willl go for muscularity INSHALLAH

Back
Top Bottom