The world in figures: Countries
Pakistan
Nov 21st 2012 | from The World In 2013 print edition

GDP growth: 3.3%
GDP per head: $1,410 (PPP: $2,960)
Inflation: 9.1%
Budget balance: (% GDP) -5.7
Population: 183.5m

The separation of powers will be by moat and drawbridge as the president and the judiciary continue a long-running feud. Having lost one prime minister for refusing a court order to open corruption investigations against the president, Asif Ali Zardari, the ruling Pakistan People’s Party may lose his successor for the same reason. Elections are due by June, but may be needed before then. Pre-election spending will not prevent a dip in economic growth.

20130110_cpc015.png

To watch: Not just Europe. A growing current-account deficit and public debt could lead to a financial crisis in 2013.

This is the future of Pakistan, no matter which party comes into power. Until the system is cleaned from top to bottom, until the influence of the army and bureaucrats is removed, this will continue!

To watch: Not just Europe. A growing current-account deficit and public debt could lead to a financial crisis in 2013.

More crisis? :angel:

I am about to final my next destination.

U.S or Arab Emirates.

I have to select one.

I dont agree with the GDP growth rate , as per my calculations it will be around 4.3% - 4.7 % .

I dont agree with the GDP growth rate , as per my calculations it will be around 4.3% - 4.7 % .

I respect your views, but could you please share with us how your arrive at that figure that is more credible than The Economist?

I respect your views, but could you please share with us how your arrive at that figure that is more credible than The Economist?

Well lets just stay that both Mine & Economists Figures are Estimates , you are free to believe either one .

and as for my calculation , it is too much work to write all that calculation on computer.

Well lets just stay that both Mine & Economists Figures are Estimates , you are free to believe either one .

and as for my calculation , it is too much work to write all that calculation on computer.

Of course.

I will trust the estimates of The Economist over yours (or Riaz Haq's), if you don't mind. :D

Back
Top Bottom