What's new

The day when Crocodiles at up an Army( True story)

Star Wars

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Battle of Ramree Island - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Repeated calls by the British for the Japanese to surrender were ignored: the Marines holding the perimeter shot any Japanese attempting to escape, while within the swampland hundreds of soldiers died over the course of several days for lack of food or drinking water. Some, including naturalist Bruce Stanley Wright (who participated in the battle), claimed that the crocodiles attacked and ate numerous soldiers. Wright's description occurs in his 1962 book Wildlife Sketches Near and Far:

"That night [of the 19 February 1945] was the most horrible that any member of the M.L. [motor launch] crews ever experienced. The scattered rifle shots in the pitch black swamp punctured by the screams of wounded men crushed in the jaws of huge reptiles, and the blurred worrying sound of spinning crocodiles made a cacophony of hell that has rarely been duplicated on earth. At dawn the vultures arrived to clean up what the crocodiles had left. . . . Of about one thousand Japanese soldiers that entered the swamps of Ramree, only about twenty were found alive.

WoW :o:

I Doubt i want to be in the middle of that

Last edited:
Battle of Ramree Island - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Repeated calls by the British for the Japanese to surrender were ignored: the Marines holding the perimeter shot any Japanese attempting to escape, while within the swampland hundreds of soldiers died over the course of several days for lack of food or drinking water. Some, including naturalist Bruce Stanley Wright (who participated in the battle), claimed that the crocodiles attacked and ate numerous soldiers. Wright's description occurs in his 1962 book Wildlife Sketches Near and Far:

WoW :o:

I Doubt i want to be in the middle of that

Yaar, even the Crocs got to eat. So what if the meal consisted of Soldiers of the Imperial Japanese Army! :-)

@PanzerKiel

Have you researched this ?

I read it a long time back. Some said its a myth that 900 soldiers out of 1000 were eaten by crocs while only 20 survives. strange math.

Back
Top Bottom