What's new

The dark chapter:1971 tragedy

I wonder if we go and start a few Naxal militant camps on your side and fund them and send troops to train them how would it feel. :)

What makes you think that you havent done it already????? Why to send troops to India..... You have several camps in your country...... I dono if you have come across a thread created by Imran Khan on moulana Mazood Azhar.....

@Slav Defence Interesting and well laid article from which many lessons can be learnt today. I would ask members however to give me one example where a country with two halves of 48/52 ratio with a combined population of 380 million with 1,200 miles of 'enemy territory' separating exist or has ever existed for long?

If you can't find exact example please give me something proximate to this:-

east-and-west-pakistan.jpg

The only tragic thing about 1971 was we should have left with dignity one year before in 1970 with flag ceremony the way British left. Tragedy should have been celebration like what the British did in 1947.

Flag lowered.

View attachment 233944

Chat and laugh while the flag goes down and the bands played "God save the Queen"..

64e785b5-aab7-4280-a3b3-149309315b30WallpAutoWallpaper2.JPG

Then leave like you did a favour.

9fc4f419-735a-494a-9a2c-e4c80385878aWallpAutoWallpaper2.JPG

Instead we lost 55,000 men and got this.

images

That is the differance betwen empire makers ( British ) and colonial slaves ( us ). Until we learn the tack and mental agility to run countries we will continue make mistake after mistake.
Pakistan in its original shape was a non starter from the outset.

Its founding fathers accepted what they got more out a need to create a nation than with a vision to run it. Some may quote Jinnah's words but as events have proved they remained words & words do not run a nation.

A bad deal was made worse by bungling & high handedness of the Punjabis who considered EP & Bengalis to be lesser than them in every way.

Excellent piece of work. Some bits and pieces are missing though. Agartala conspiracy case needed to be included. Intelligence was aware of Mujeeb's ulterior motives but the government did not have balls to do the right thing at the right time. Releasing Mujeeb on bail was a huge mistake. Pakistan could have used him for bargaining but after releasing him, we lost that edge and rest is history.
what conspiracy?Mujeeb got majority in election .. bhutto lost. But pakistani army decided to back Bhutto. it is as simple as that.

This is also called "apney moonh mian mithoo". Hum kya aur humarey great minds kya. Agla saans rouk ley to great mind ki aisi taisi ho jaati hey. Be careful ... Allah likes humbleness.

View attachment 233983
Astaghfirullah,lahaula-wala!
Sir, kahan ki baat aap kahan le gaye?
Do I look this kind of a person to you?
Ghalti hogaye sone se pehlay absolutely sir! Kehdiya! :lol:
On serious note, I am not self obsessed person. I also make mistakes and am here to learn.PDF consists of better people than me:)
Regards

Astaghfirullah,lahaula-wala!
Sir, kahan ki baat aap kahan le gaye?
Do I look this kind of a person to you?
Ghalti hogaye sone se pehlay absolutely sir! Kehdiya! :lol:
On serious note, I am not self obsessed person. I also make mistakes and am here to learn.PDF consists of better people than me:)
Regards
Bhai, you forgot my PM regarding MQM? Hein kawakib kuch nazar aatey hein kuch. Samjha karo.

I am sensing disturbing attitude in your posts. First you claimed we learnt nothing from East Pakistan debacle. Than you tried to compare situation in Balochistan and Karachi with that of former East Pakistan. Now you are comparing freedom of speech between Pakistan and West. I am really not understanding your point.

What exactly you wanted us to learn from East Pakistan? East Pakistan was located some thousands mile away with an enemy country in between. We no longer have this kind of situation for any of our province. East Pakistan got separated but from day one they wanted to be independent and all the other things were mere excuses. Several Bengali served as PMs of Pakistan. Many more were part of Pakistan legislature and then in Ayub's regime. Who stopped them from working for their people? Instead of working for their people they did exactly what all politicians do to cover up their incompetence, putting blame on others, and in this, it was far too convenient to put all the blame on the West. West is accused of ignoring their beloved language, which Bengalis worship almost as Hindu do the cow. Fact of the matter is, during all those years, English, Urdu, and Bangla were de facto official languages of Pakistan, for all the sign boards, all the documents, forms, even on the currency, three languages were present. Financially, East Pakistan was a burden for every year it was ravaged by cyclones/floods and thousands would get perished and the government had to spend lots in rehabilitation. Every year attempts were made to convince people not to live near the cost or flood prone delta but they did nonetheless. Such was the level of resilience among Bengalis, sill is.

I can go on writing about East Pakistan debunking myths after myths, for the new generation knows nothings about the history. Your knowledge (in-fact information) is derived from listening to talk shows that skim through a problem and never analyze it deeply. Idea is never to learn but to prove yourself as a better debater and the one who could shout louder wins in the end. This generation has stopped reading forget about analyzing anything critically. How many of you would go to the libraries and dig out news papers and de-classified documents of 50s and 60s to learn what was going on in Pakistan back then? Why the operation became inevitable? Some genius is comparing Great Britain 's skills of governance with those of Pakistan while conveniently ignoring that Great Britain was ruling the world for some 200+ years whereas Pakistani leadership's experience of governance was hardly 25 years. And the so called 'Empire maker' left disgracefully as a result of a struggle of the people of India and not following their goodwill. We must come out of our self-defeatist attitude. We have lots to learn, but others weren't too professional either. Ups and down do come in the lives of nations and the process of evolution continues.
That is so correct. It is b/c newer generation relies more on internet which it itself not completely reliable source.
P.S share your knowledge and experience with us.Pakistan defence needs seniors like you so that newer generation could learn something for sure.
P.S share some good books (PDF version) if you have.I have only read two books:
1)Bhutto k aakhri 101 din
2)Charhtay suraj k pujari

Looking for zero point by javed chaudhry.
The best part of these books are that it consists of interviews of former personalities. One of them revealed some serious events regarding Z.A Bhutto.
Regards

Last edited:
In all my years on this forum this is among the few posts I have read where the mind has been applied.

Please accept my compliments for the write up. I have my views on what has been written which I shall share in a while.
@WAJsal @Gufi
Thank you.

Thanks for tagging me here lil bro!
The article took off with very interesting revelations, and it got me all agog as I found this article to be unlike the usual articles which 're about the 1971 war. Initially I found the article to be an honest take on the doomed relationship of west and east Pakistan; it really didnt make any sense to have part B of Pakistan lying across a rival country (part A being west Pak).
But somewhere down the lane, article went off track and brought India into picture, like a daily soap which adds raunchy scenes in its desperate attempt to gain TRP ratings. We all know that 1971 war was fought between Pakistan and India, and that both the countries had their hands in the cookie jar (which happens to be BD), you could have avoided taking the same jaded track.
I must say one of you has watered down the efforts of other two by coming up with juvenile lines like these...

I still liked about 75-80% of this article's content.

Regards
I had my reservations on these sentences, but i didn't show them or raised a voice against it. This is the hard truth, we must accept it. As much as i love peace and all, India has and is doing everything it can to destroy Pakistan, that too in anyway it can. I'm sorry for ruining it, but it had to be made a part.

India has and is doing everything it can to destroy Pakistan, that too in anyway it can
And vice versa....

Lets accept it that common men on both sides of border dont want to be a part of the covert and overt operations of our forces. This site gets its share of Indian and Pakistani audience, and ppl like us should stop being rabble-rousers. JMHO!

And vice versa....

Lets accept it that common men on both sides of border dont want to be a part of the covert and overt operations of our forces. This site gets its share of Indian and Pakistani audience, and ppl like us should stop being rabble-rousers. JMHO!
I agree, levina baji. But it had to be made a part. If you say so it can be edited.
Thank you for your feedback.
Overall a good work, i suppose, eh?

@Slav Defence Interesting and well laid article from which many lessons can be learnt today. I would ask members however to give me one example where a country with two halves of 48/52 ratio with a combined population of 380 million with 1,200 miles of 'enemy territory' separating exist or has ever existed for long?

If you can't find exact example please give me something proximate to this:-

east-and-west-pakistan.jpg

The only tragic thing about 1971 was we should have left with dignity one year before in 1970 with flag ceremony the way British left. Tragedy should have been celebration like what the British did in 1947.

Flag lowered.

View attachment 233944

Chat and laugh while the flag goes down and the bands played "God save the Queen"..

64e785b5-aab7-4280-a3b3-149309315b30WallpAutoWallpaper2.JPG

Then leave like you did a favour.

9fc4f419-735a-494a-9a2c-e4c80385878aWallpAutoWallpaper2.JPG

Instead we lost 55,000 men and got this.

images

That is the differance betwen empire makers ( British ) and colonial slaves ( us ). Until we learn the tack and mental agility to run countries we will continue make mistake after mistake.
You didn't give me any credit :(. I hope you liked it.

That is so correct. It is b/c newer generation relies more on internet which it itself not completely reliable source.
P.S share your knowledge and experience with us.Pakistan defence needs seniors like you so that newer generation could learn something for sure.
P.S share some good books (PDF version) if you have.I gave only read two books:
1)Bhutto k aakhri 101 din
2)Charhtay suraj k pujari

Looking for zero point by javed chaudhry.
The best part of these books are that it consists of interviews of former personalities. One of them revealed some serious events regarding Z.A Bhutto.
Regards
Thank you dear.

I'll suggest two books as starter:

1. Ayub Khan, Fauji raj ke pahle das sal - Altaf Gouhar (formal information secretary)
2. Bangladesh, Untold Facts - Lt. Col. (Rtd.) Shariful Haq Dalim (Pakistan Army deserter, Mukti Bahini activist, and diplomat).

I agree, levina baji. But it had to be made a part. If you say so it can be edited.
Thank you for your feedback.
Overall a good work, i suppose, eh?
7/10 for whoever researched and wrote on Pak-Bangladesh relationship. :-)

Back
Top Bottom